Bigfoot Makes House Calls?

Woodslore

Fascinating thread!

A couple of questions, if that's OK. Have you ever had a tree of bush shaken because you've gotten too close? And, have you ever heard a tonal breathing sound? It's kind of hard to explain this one, it's like a snoring sound, but not the raspy back of the throat kind, more a note/tone.

I've heard every possible kind of breathing, snorting, sneezing, coughing, blowing snot,(didn't see/collect the evidence, but that's what it sounded like), belching, snoring, giggling, & several unmentionable noises.

I have not personally seen a tree being shaken, but my son saw one, about 15 miles from here. My husband had been riding horses with a friend in another county, & saw some tracks crossing a dirt road. He didn't say anything to his friend, but as soon as he got home, we went right back to see if we could get a cast or at least pictures. Our son, who went with us got bored & walked on around a curve in the road looking for arrowheads. We never found the tracks, and it was getting late, so we drove on up the road to pick him up, but before we got very far, we met him running like the devil was after him.

He nearly jerked the door off the truck trying to get in, locked the door, & when he could talk, he said "We need to get out of here NOW!!" Seems he was walking along & suddenly a tree about 50 feet from the road , behind some heavy brush started shaking like a tornado was hitting it. Nothing else in the woods moved at all. He never saw what was doing the shaking, but since my husband had seen the tracks less that a quarter of a mile away, he had a good idea what it was.

Did anything ever sound like a hiss?

The closest thing to a hiss I ever heard was something that sounded like when we used to use a clothespin to pin a playing card on our bicycles so the spokes would make a whirring sound. It sounded almost exactly the same.

Edited by Sasfooty

Thanks for answering my questions Sasfooty :)

Am I the only one who wants to stay a couple nights in Sasfooty's house?

Nope, you're not the only one :lol:

Sasfooty, just wondering, do you own a dog?

No. We had one when we first moved here about 11 years ago, but he disappeared & we never got another one.

My neighbor has some. She locks them in a kennel at night "to keep them quiet."

No. We had one when we first moved here about 11 years ago, but he disappeared & we never got another one.

My neighbor has some. She locks them in a kennel at night "to keep them quiet."

Hi Sasfooty, the reason I asked was to rule out you inadvertently photographing a reflection of your dog in the window. Since nothing could be standing and looking thru that window, I thought maybe this was a reflection of an animal inside the room. Even though dogs don't have classic eyeshine, they do reflect "red-eye", which can actually show up white in a reflection.

It was only when I flipped the image that I thought this might be the case. The white spot below the eyes sure looks like a snout to me. But since you don't have a dog...never mind. :D

post-337-078323400 1287182559_thumb.gif

Hi Sasfooty, the reason I asked was to rule out you inadvertently photographing a reflection of your dog in the window. Since nothing could be standing and looking thru that window, I thought maybe this was a reflection of an animal inside the room. Even though dogs don't have classic eyeshine, they do reflect "red-eye", which can actually show up white in a reflection.

It was only when I flipped the image that I thought this might be the case. The white spot below the eyes sure looks like a snout to me. But since you don't have a dog...never mind. :D

That white spot was a smudge on the window.

Even if there was a dog in the house I can't imagine how it's reflection could have been up that high. Inside the house, the bottom of the window is almost 12 feet high.

Edited by Sasfooty

Sasfooty, thanks for sharing your experiences. This is the only thread that I've read from start to last post. Your experiences are interesting. Just keep telling us more of what you have seen and heard. It would be cool if one BF would have the courage to come out and sit down for a picnic in the yard someday. They seem to remain so wary but curious. Have you ever determined where they call home such as a nest or dense shrub thicket where they raise their young?

No, they aren't "living" on our property. We only have small patches of woods, & as somebody said earlier, I think we are just close to their "road". There are big stands of timber & creek bottoms less than a mile away, both north & south of us, so I assume that they raise their young there, & we are in the path of their travels.

They probably pick the most remote areas to make their homes. Are there developments going on in these areas or are there large land holdings that stableize sp? the remote areas?

It seems that eventually some of them would come out of hiding and allow short direct meetings. Now that you have stopped the camera hiding, they might trust you and want meetings. Do food offernings bring them in? You said they only like the eggs. They might be egg gathering from other farms too. I've heard they know how to use gates and might egg gather unnoticed. This might be why bait stations don't work, since they are rolling in eggs!

This might be why bait stations don't work, since they are rolling in eggs!

Not to judge but if that is the case why not set bait stations with eggs?

They probably pick the most remote areas to make their homes. Are there developments going on in these areas or are there large land holdings that stableize sp? the remote areas?

Yes. Most of the big timber areas are owned by only a few people, & a lot of it can not be cleared because of wet land regulations. Some of the land close to the creeks are almost impassable even on foot. There some places where nobody ever goes, not even hog hunters.

It seems that eventually some of them would come out of hiding and allow short direct meetings. Now that you have stopped the camera hiding, they might trust you and want meetings. Do food offernings bring them in? You said they only like the eggs. They might be egg gathering from other farms too. I've heard they know how to use gates and might egg gather unnoticed. This might be why bait stations don't work, since they are rolling in eggs!

I wish they would come out, but they are worse than wild animals about not wanting to be seen. Maybe they will someday. Food offerings are useless. It might work in an area where food is scarce, but they are never hungry enough here to take a chance. I have given them a few other things that they took, but they won't consistently take anything. I picked a lot of dewberries once, made a cobbler, & left some for them, & they seemed to love it. Mostly stuff just sits there though.

The chicken farms are mostly broiler farms, but there is one egg farm about 5 miles away.

Woodslore, there are a lot of people that have their own small flocks of laying hens, like me. They can get all the eggs they want from these places without having to take a chance getting them from a place that has a camera aimed at it.