Bigfoot Makes House Calls?

Woodslore

That's a really good question. I've never thought about it.

Do you think they could be like the aboriginals & think it is trying to steal their souls?

Guest midnightwalker1

That's a really good question. I've never thought about it.

Do you think they could be like the aboriginals & think it is trying to steal their souls?

When you capture a picture of them, you capture a signature of their energy. Not a good thing, especially when you believe in telepathy and their commitment to remaining unfindable and not there (so to speak).

How many small children did you used to see scream when they were at WalMart or Olan Mills to get a picture made? You don't see that so much now since camcorders and digital cameras are so common but you certainly saw it 20 years ago. It might be something instinctive that primates have. I remember being horrified of getting my picture taken but I can't remember why. My children, who are in their mid to late twenties now, were also afraid of getting their picture taken.

Guest Yeti1974

Maybe they just instinctively see it as some kind of trap. That would make more sense than fear of soul stealing.

Sasfooty, have you thought of trying to communicate in some way from inside the house? Like leaving your blinds/curtains open and just waving gently when you think they're outside, or sitting on the floor in front of an open window and holding up a piece of food or toy, then placing it on the window sill?

You don't see that so much now since camcorders and digital cameras are so common but you certainly saw it 20 years ago.

I know a few people who run if you go and get out a high quality camera, not just one of the common small pocket camera.

Guest Greldek

I would say any bigfoot sightings near homes and such is just another sign of human encroachment on wild habitat. It happens not only with bigfoot, but with every animal. I know several people who want to live the "country" life out in the sticks away from "people", who then in the next breath whine and cry about deer in their garden, bear in their trash, and raccoons in their dogfood. Well you get away from people, and move out towards the wild, or you can move away from the wild and get near all the people, but you can't have both.

As for a specific "bigfoot" curiosity with peoples buildings, I wouldn't say it's specific to them at all, many animals try and get into our buildings. We keep them warm and dry for the most part, which is appealing to pretty much all animals, there's often food to be found with minimal effort, etc.

Edited by Greldek

When you capture a picture of them, you capture a signature of their energy. Not a good thing, especially when you believe in telepathy and their commitment to remaining unfindable and not there (so to speak).

I'm not sure what you are referring to, but a photograph is capturing the reflected light off the subject, either electronically as an image file or as a chemical reaction on film. That's the physics of photography.

Guest midnightwalker1

I'm not sure what you are referring to, but a photograph is capturing the reflected light off the subject, either electronically as an image file or as a chemical reaction on film. That's the physics of photography.

Yes you're correct. Just something I heard but probably more myth than anything.

I have always wondered about this, I often wonder if they sometimes take to the trees when trailed, and while we are busy on the ground, they are watching from above........

I would be more surprised if squatch didn't take to the trees, at times. If they are muscular, long armed creatures that have evolved in forest environments, and are possible predators.. it makes good sense to me, that they would use this environment to their advantage.

Sasfooty, I appreciate you talking about your experiences and observations, here. I was hoping that more folks would do this. :)

I would also appreciate if you would describe any sounds or vocalizations that you might have heard, in as much detail as you can remember, if you would be willing to do so.

Hello and greetings to all.

I was just wondering about the relation between sights of Bigfoot and peoples homes. I have heard of sightings at hunting camps, fishing camps, and while just sleeping in tents. Than I started thinking about Bigfoot sightings at homes. I have heard of the zoobies from the 70's in Ca, and the 911 call of the man trying not to say he is seeing Bigfoot in his yard. I have heard of one looking in a persons window from the show Creepy Canada. Also I have seen on Nat Geo's is it real the woman who says Bigfoot comes and talks to her. But I was wondering if there are other more reliable sightings of Bigfoot, or Sasquatch coming to peoples homes and looking in windows, or just being sighted from a window, or porch. Not to say some of these are not reliable but rather does anyone else know of such sightings.

One of my reasons for this curiosity is that around the world primates have been known to investigate peoples homes. So I was wondering if Bigfoot might do the same.

If anyone could be so kind as to add their thoughts or help point me in the right direction I would be thankful. Thank you.

Just in the past several years there have been hundreds of reports of BF foraging around rural residential areas. According to older reports, this is nothing new. It has been happening since the earlist settlement of remote areas of this country. In places human development and occupation has somewhat isolated and confined groups of these animals along creek and river bottoms. The animals continue to forage in what was once to them part of their typical home range. One of the best of many such instances is detailed at: http://www.alabamabigfoot.com/bigfoot/reports/RFPreport20.htm

The validity of the reports and the credibility of the witnesses were throughly investigated. The photos of the tracks taken by the witnesses are in themselves very revealing of a fact most are not yet ready to accept.

I would be more surprised if squatch didn't take to the trees, at times. If they are muscular, long armed creatures that have evolved in forest environments, and are possible predators.. it makes good sense to me, that they would use this environment to their advantage.

Sasfooty, I appreciate you talking about your experiences and observations, here. I was hoping that more folks would do this. :)

I would also appreciate if you would describe any sounds or vocalizations that you might have heard, in as much detail as you can remember, if you would be willing to do so.

And yet there are those that post habituation observations claiming the creatures they witness are "10 to 12 feet tall." I doubt such a creature would be very arboreal.

Sasfooty, have you thought of trying to communicate in some way from inside the house? Like leaving your blinds/curtains open and just waving gently when you think they're outside, or sitting on the floor in front of an open window and holding up a piece of food or toy, then placing it on the window sill?

Ok, I'll try it.

Just in the past several years there have been hundreds of reports of BF foraging around rural residential areas. According to older reports, this is nothing new. It has been happening since the earliest settlement of remote areas of this country. In places human development and occupation has somewhat isolated and confined groups of these animals along creek and river bottoms. The animals continue to forage in what was once to them part of their typical home range.

Branco, have you noticed that if you casually bring up the subject (among country people) & let them know that you are serious, you will very often get a good story?

One of my husband's older friends told him that when he was growing up in the thirties, his father would occasionally mention that the "shadow people" had been watching him while he was milking the cows or plowing. He said that almost all of their neighbors knew about them but they didn't talk about it much. They were just there, & everybody knew.

There are hundreds of these stories if you just root them out.

There are just so many. I have recordings of one that sounds like a sirene, one that sounds like Tarzan,& a friend said she heard one in the middle of the night in her back yard that sounded like a chain saw. I mentioned it to another friend & he said he had heard the same thing.

Edited by Sasfooty

Branco, have you noticed that if you casually bring up the subject (among country people) & let them know that you are serious, you will very often get a good story?

One of my husband's older friends told him that when he was growing up in the thirties, his father would occasionally mention that the "shadow people" had been watching him while he was milking the cows or plowing. He said that almost all of their neighbors knew about them but they didn't talk about it much. They were just there, & everybody knew.

There are hundreds of these stories if you just root them out.

There are just so many. I have recordings of one that sounds like a sirene, one that sounds like Tarzan,& a friend said she heard one in the middle of the night in her back yard that sounded like a chain saw. I mentioned it to another friend & he said he had heard the same thing.

Yes,for 30 plus years!! (LOL) I have spent a LOT of time talking to the older, and long-time residents of the remote areas of the Southern and Southeastern States. It seems that if you are as "country" as I am, you don't have to ask many questions about unusual night sights and sounds in their areas before you hear stories that are so precise and so much like stories from other states that you realize they know the truth. From Virginia to Oklahoma, and from Missouri to Florida, the descriptions and actions of the creatures are the same, with exceptions that point to the apparent fact there are different kinds of primates in the deep Southern areas.

The sounds they make seems to be infinite. They can replicate - with various degrees of trueness - about any sound they have heard, mechanical, human or animal. If it is a new sound to them, they remember it. When they hear the sound again, they will likely give a fair imitation of it. That's a form of entertainment for them; they don't get cable. After the "Michigan Sounds" were first posted, I downloaded them onto a CD. I played them through an amplifier one night in an area that has a group of the creatures. They did not respond that night, but two nights later I parked in the area, intending to just listen for them. A few minutes after I parked and started hooking up my sound gear outside, one of them "replayed" the Michigan Sounds for me. Those in that group have made the most varied assortment of sounds I have ever heard in any one area. (It's sad to say that the swamps, wetlans and old river beds in that area are now dry, and the timber is being removed like crazy now. I'm sure they will now move down river.)