Bigfoot Makes House Calls?

Woodslore

My mother's people lived in Northwest Alabama in Marion and Winfield Counties, wonder if any of this took place near Bear Creek and Dismal Canyon? The only stories I ever heard were from my father and his people and they owned a big farm/plantation in Mississippi. According to them, and amazingly Pa called them shadow people too, they didn't swing vertically from limb to limb, he would see the "shadows" swing around the tree trunks horizontally in a zig zag motion barely touching the ground and they went amazingly fast.

Guest Griffin

Have you ever stood outside a house at night, when the lights were on inside?

It looks like a lit-up stage--with people indoors clearly visible! In dark rural areas houselights are like beacons--it's hard to appreciate this if you've always lived in a town or city, but really rural areas are dark, dark, dark---and lights can be seen for miles.

For a curious animal with even quasi-human levels of smarts, this would be more than enough to engage interest.

For an animals with good vision and hearing (deer in the backyard can clearly, clearly hear us in the house, for instance) it would be like watching TV!

In Asia, monkeys and apes are often curious visitors to residential structures; in India they are true pests!

Given the potential added draw of easy food (BBQ's left out, garbage day, dumpsters, pet or livestock food, vegetable gardens, fruit trees)why should Bigfoots not also be drawn to human habitations? It would be strange if they were not.

My mother's people lived in Northwest Alabama in Marion and Winfield Counties, wonder if any of this took place near Bear Creek and Dismal Canyon? The only stories I ever heard were from my father and his people and they owned a big farm/plantation in Mississippi. According to them, and amazingly Pa called them shadow people too, they didn't swing vertically from limb to limb, he would see the "shadows" swing around the tree trunks horizontally in a zig zag motion barely touching the ground and they went amazingly fast.

Those counties have sizeable populations of the critters. Many reports, a lot of field work in those areas. The Sipsey Wilderness Area of the W.B. Bankhead NF (Lawrence & Winston) may be the primary "refuge" for them in NW Alabama. Beautiful, rugged and with a lot of somewhat isolated areas that don't have a lot of human traffic.

As for "swinging" from trees, here's one report from Talladega County about that: http://www.alabamabigfoot.com/bigfoot/reports/RFPreport44.htm

Edited by Branco

There are just so many. I have recordings of one that sounds like a sirene, one that sounds like Tarzan,& a friend said she heard one in the middle of the night in her back yard that sounded like a chain saw. I mentioned it to another friend & he said he had heard the same thing.

Thanks for describing what you've heard, and your friends description. If you should ever decide that you want to share any of the recordings, I would be interested to hear them.

Those counties have sizeable populations of the critters. Many reports, a lot of field work in those areas. The Sipsey Wilderness Area of the W.B. Bankhead NF (Lawrence & Winston) may be the primary "refuge" for them in NW Alabama. Beautiful, rugged and with a lot of somewhat isolated areas that don't have a lot of human traffic.

As for "swinging" from trees, here's one report from Talladega County about that: http://www.alabamabigfoot.com/bigfoot/reports/RFPreport44.htm

Thanks for the report! I also lived in Anniston, Al. for about 16 years and I know the general vicinity of where this took place. In all my time that I spent on Mount Cheaha in my early 20's/early 30's I never knew about the bigfoot sightings or saw anything unusual.

Yes,for 30 plus years!! (LOL) I have spent a LOT of time talking to the older, and long-time residents of the remote areas of the Southern and Southeastern States. It seems that if you are as "country" as I am, you don't have to ask many questions about unusual night sights and sounds in their areas before you hear stories that are so precise and so much like stories from other states that you realize they know the truth. From Virginia to Oklahoma, and from Missouri to Florida, the descriptions and actions of the creatures are the same, with exceptions that point to the apparent fact there are different kinds of primates in the deep Southern areas.

The sounds they make seems to be infinite. They can replicate - with various degrees of trueness - about any sound they have heard, mechanical, human or animal. If it is a new sound to them, they remember it. When they hear the sound again, they will likely give a fair imitation of it. That's a form of entertainment for them; they don't get cable. After the "Michigan Sounds" were first posted, I downloaded them onto a CD. I played them through an amplifier one night in an area that has a group of the creatures. They did not respond that night, but two nights later I parked in the area, intending to just listen for them. A few minutes after I parked and started hooking up my sound gear outside, one of them "replayed" the Michigan Sounds for me. Those in that group have made the most varied assortment of sounds I have ever heard in any one area. (It's sad to say that the swamps, wetlans and old river beds in that area are now dry, and the timber is being removed like crazy now. I'm sure they will now move down river.)

Do you think the southern version of BF is the same as the Pacific Northwest version? I read the attached BF stories and hope the river bottoms are protected from development since these animals need their habitat. The animals were attracted to the kids at play and one grabbed the girl's shirt and wonder if it would have kidnapped her?

Do you think the southern version of BF is the same as the Pacific Northwest version?

That is a good question. Are the same as anywhere they have been spotted in North America for that matter? I mean on the East Coast of Canada they seem smaller by reports I've read.

Do you think the southern version of BF is the same as the Pacific Northwest version?

That is a good question. Are the same as anywhere they have been spotted in North America for that matter? I mean on the East Coast of Canada they seem smaller by reports I've read.

Do you think the southern version of BF is the same as the Pacific Northwest version? I read the attached BF stories and hope the river bottoms are protected from development since these animals need their habitat. The animals were attracted to the kids at play and one grabbed the girl's shirt and wonder if it would have kidnapped her?

The vast majority of witnesses in the South that I have spoken with described the same, very large animals as those seen and described in the Northwest, with only variations in hair color.

But in places in the South there are animals that are smaller, with black hair, more ape-like in appearance, with feet that are also ape-like, and many reports indicate these animals are much more aggressive than the large Bigfoot. The one that you mentioned from the "Black Thing" report from Cullman County, Alabama is, I believe, one of those unusual animals, although it was apparently a female. The thing that made this report so differnent and unusual from the hundreds I have investigated is that the "Black Thing" was obviously a member, or affiliated with a group of "typical" Bigfoot. Its track, along with the tracks of various sized Bigfoot, were photographed and cast in very fine, damp, sandy soil on the witnesses property. The tracks in the photos are clear and distict. The tracks were cast and photographed by the witnesses. They later called a Bigfoot Rearcher group who sent two people to investigate the situation. Those "researchers" left after telling the family that the tracks had to be fake, because that one set of tracks (apparently the "Black Thing's") did not match the other tracks. The "researchers" took the castings "for further study" with the understanding they would send them back to the owners later. Off course they never did.

More on the "different animals" later. Got a call, gotta run.

Interesting where this thread has gone. I am thankful for everyone's input and interested to see what else is brought to light.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for describing what you've heard, and your friends description. If you should ever decide that you want to share any of the recordings, I would be interested to hear them.

I finally found a few of those interesting vocals. Sorry it took so long to locate them, but they were just numbered without names. This weekend, I went through a few hundred of them & named them so they would be easier to find.

Here is Tarzan, some whoops, & some howls that the camcorder got one night.

More mundane explanations:

1: sounds - I agree with River, they sound just like the coyotes that live across the river from my back yard.

2: cedar trees - I live on 5 acres loaded with similar size cedar trees. Almost every year a couple get bent over or broken and look just like the pictures. The culprit in my case is freezing rain or heavy wet snow. (I live in the "south" also)

3: Picture. Looks to me like headlights from a car or lamps from inside the room. Maybe something from a TV reflecting.

Then again, what the hell do I know.

The comment about how fast and agile they are " they make cats look slow..." seems to contradict what is seen on the PGF ???

Those sound very canine in nature to me. (dogs or coyote?)

Barking dogs usually do sound "canine". I guess I should have noted that there are also dogs barking in the clip that has the whoops.

Most people that have heard whoops can tell the difference, so I assume that you never heard one.