The Echo Incident

Guest parnassus

Bipto, the creator of these very forums released some very interesting audio recordings that were obtained as a result of Operation Endurance. If you want to hear them, download the latest episode of The Bigfoot Show on iTunes. It's very interesting how they obtained the audio. They left a mic running for about 8 hours (overnight) and some sounds that were previously undetected were recorded as their team was experiencing constant rock throwing on top of one of their cabin's roof throughout the night. I never quite knew what to make of the Sierra Sounds, but this recording sounds eerily similar. What makes these sounds even more compelling is their source. If the founder of these forums had become a hoaxer, I will have lost all faith in humanity. j/k

Seriously though, I don't think you can just dismiss this story, the TBRC was experiencing some very interesting things during this operation.

That is a crazy story. It's really hard to believe that he didn't hit the thing even once as many times as he shot. I'm thinking they might need some time at the shooting range. I don't shoot guns so I can't really judge, but shouldn't an experienced shooter be able to hit something from that distance? Why don't people try to tranquilize a bigfoot? I know there is a chance it might die from too strong a dose, but if your going to blow it up with a gun then what's the difference. I guess it would make things more difficult dealing with a bigfoot who could wake up versus one that is dead. Apparently they are impossible to hit anyway and it would waste a lot of darts.

My guess is once you unload like that and don't hit it then you might as well go home because it's not coming around again for awhile. Of course it might not really understand what a gun is. I imagine it heard the bullets whizzing by it and realized how serious it was, but maybe not.

BFF Patron

And, even slugs?!

All I know is that for the first time in like 6 or 7 years I have more posts than Bipto. Yeah baby. Sorry now back to the lead slinging story...

Hey Bipto, I truly appreciate all the work you do, and your show is my favorite podcast out there. That's why i said the fact that these recordings were presented by you makes them all the more compelling. Keep up the outstanding work.

I can assure you, that's not the case.

Bipto, I listened to your talk on "the bigfoot show" regarding this operation. The sounds are interesting but as you say , can only be learned from at this point. The choice to invest in audio recorders is a good one. You guys are learning what my group learned about 4 years ago now. That is that "ALOT" goes on around your camp that you don't hear and don't capture without the recorders.

That is really long. I am still not sure what happened, all in all. A BFRO guy shot at a bf with an AK 47? And then what?

He fired with a shotgun that was misidentified by the nephew as an automatic weapon

It's called combat shooting...takes training and copious repetition to master.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q9DTXXlykY

Quantico, home away from home biggrin.gif

Edited by Tautriadelta

A 12-gauge slug is an excellent way to get the job done. If I recall, such a slug is about .50 caliber in size. If a big critter is within range, it's an excellent load.

If you are looking to "harvest" a very large, potentially dangerous mammal, why are you carrying a shot gun?

A shotgun in the right hands is very lethal.