Scariest Sasquatch Encounters You've Read/heard

Scarecrow

Any story that involves looking up to see a sasquatch looking in your window makes my skin crawl, even worse if all I saw was a belly button.

Imagine waking up to the groggy impression of someone withdrawing a sizable tree limb with a hand attached to the end of it from your tent (4.5 feet long and 7" in diameter at the thick end).

Yeah that window thing is creepy. I have one small window behind the toilet in the hall bathroom that I always keep locked and blinds closed, its on the side of the house with many miles of forest lol. I think that may be a hold-over from the old "Boggy Creek" scene. I think that scene stuck with everyone to a degree.

Did anyone catch MM's claim on Finding Bigfoot that most all of the cases he had investigated regarding Sasquatch looking through windows or attempting entry had one thing in common....taxidermy on the walls..Deer, Elk etc. ? Not to derail the thread..but seriously, what a claim to make. I chuckled at that when he said it on the show.

Adults rarely believe kids when they say they see things at night. I recall sleeping downstairs in midsummer at my grandparents home, here on the ranch. It was hot but very dry so no mosquitoes where being a bother, and my grandmother opened the window to my room, no screen. In the middle of the night I got up to go to the bathroom, when I came back to bed I just sort of laid looking around the room. I glanced down toward the window at the foot of the bed and slowly, through the gloom I, terrified observed this huge black head entering the room; I could see the mouth first, then the rest followed. I was about 9 years old and I yelped at the site of it. The head moved like molasses in January and turned my way, the two huge, dark eyes boring into my soul.

It was a mule. I got out of bed, spent some time petting it then watched it cruise on out of the yard and into the night. The next morning, while grandmother cooked eggs, toast and basically a small pig for the family I told my grandfather about it, he laughed and told me that I needed to "Stop telling stories or all of my babies would be born naked someday" I was angry and swore up and down it was the truth. Later that day we where out in the yard sitting on the swing shelling peas when the neighbor at the next farmstead drove across the noisy cattleguad and stopped in the driveway. He got out of the old Jeep Honcho pickup truck he had and informed my grandparent that he was out looking for his mule that had wandered through a gate that was accidentally left open.

Edited by Tautriadelta
  • Upvote 1

I've heard of stories of Bigfoot appearing to try and lure young boys and girls, perhaps as stated in the article it was trying to replace a young one, or looking for a mate who knows? And there are those glowing red eyes again, I wish I knew if they need light for reflection or if they are "backlit" so to speak. Just because they may be self illuminating doesn't mean they paranormal as some would like to think.

reminds me of the old ranger story, he claimed to have had encounters with them over a period of decades. In his claim he mentioned that Sasquatch with red eyes where different then the others and should be avoided.

I thought with Halloween coming up this might be a good time to get a thread going of the scariest encounters you've heard or read about. (We've had threads of favorite encounters, and creepiest things that happened to you, but I couldn't find that we have any with scariest encounters so sorry if this is a duplicate.)

For me, this incident of kids seeing Sasquatch motioning for them to come outside ranks pretty high up there:

http://www.bfro.net/...ort.asp?id=1432

YEAR: 1976

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: July

DATE: 7/10/76

STATE: Wisconsin

COUNTY: Barron County

LOCATION DETAILS: Approximately seven miles from Cumberland out on HWY 48 is the general location.

NEAREST TOWN: Cumberland

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy 48

OBSERVED: This incident happened a long time ago, and never told too many people about it. I am a 31 year old Native American, and I was maybe 6 or 7. I am glad to know that there are people like you who take this seriously. It was night, and my sister and cousin were playing around on the phone (they would dial our number & hang up the phone so it would ring). They had music playing (loud), and were just playing around. The door bell rang, and one of us answered the door, but there was no one at the door. Well, this happened 2 more times. We had a little housedog (we also had a st. bernard), and my sister and cousin noticed that the house dog was crouched under a chair in our livingroom. The last time the door bell rang, we all went outside, and couldn't see no one around (we all stood out on the porch). It was maybe a half hour later, my oldest brother went to the refrigerator. The rest of us kids were playing in the hallway when he came running down the hallway with his hands to his face, and crying hysterically. He ran in our parents room and jumped on the bed landing on his stomach. He was crying pretty bad. We all kept asking him what was wrong, and he finally told us what he saw. He said he saw something peeking around the tree, and he said it was motioning to him to like "come out". That's when he freaked out. After about 15 minutes (he calmed down some), there was knocking at the back door, and the way they were knocking, it was like, open the door now! When we opened the door, a guy who lived a few houses away, came in as white as a sheet, and was shaking pretty bad. He said he broke down a ways from our place, and when he was walking up the road, he heard something walking in the woods with him. He didn't know what it was. He said he was really glad to see our lights on. Our parents weren't home (mother working; father-didn't know where he was), but we ended up calling our Uncle's, who lived next door to us. They arrived a few minutes after we called them, and they had their shot guns with them. They came and talked with the guy that came to our house. I think one of my uncles took him home. There was 6 of kids home (one was our cousin). My uncles went outside to look around, my oldest sister and our cousin wanted to go outside too. Well, when they opened the back door, our st. bernard, well let me tell you, for the size of those dogs, that dog would not let those girls out, and he even growled at them. Well my sister and cousin backed up from the door, and as they did that, the st. bernard came running into the house. Well, my sister and cousin still went outside, and as they were standing by this little trail by the house, they noticed some dark form at the bottom of the hill/trail. They thought maybe it was a stump, but then the stump moved and turned to look at them. My cousin said it had red (?) eyes. They came back inside right away. Our cousin went out again (back door), and went around the house to the front, and when she got to the corner of our house, she looked up towards my uncles garage, and said she saw something peeking around the garage. She said she thought it was one of our other cousins, but she noticed this had a cone shaped head as it looked around the garage towards our house. They ended up putting us kids to bed (3 of us). My sister and I were pretty scared, and our little brother (he had a crib) didn't really know what was going on. My sister and I were shaking in bed. Our brothers crib was right next to the window. We were really hoping whatever was out there, didn't come to our window. Well, we did see a big figure go by. We were just so scared! It seemed like forever when our parents got home. When they did we told them what happened. My mother ended up calling a spiritual guide, and he told her that there was probably 3 of those things around the house that night. He also told her that they were looking for a boy to take. He said that one of them may have lost one of their own, and came looking for a young boy to replace the one they lost.

Wow, that is some account! Good thing you kids had adults nearby, that motioned thing gives me the willy's

Some of my favorites:

Chetco Indian Devil

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/creatures/chetco.htm

Bauman story

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/bauman.htm

"Here Chicky Chicky"

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/zoobies.htm

Half Moon Lake

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/harrycolp.htm

I also remember two stories I can't find links to anymore, one was about a man who was trapped in his tree stand for hours as a sas tried to leap up and pull him down. He finally managed to drive it off, but the incident so shook him that he from that day forward would not leave the house unarmed or go into the woods. He once broke down in his driveway (his house is about a mile off the main road), and instead of walking the 100 yards or so to the house, he spent hours calling on his cell phone for someone to come get him and drive him up. IIRC it happened in Texas, and might be on the TBRC site.

The other was a short account of men going to check on a miner in Alaska in the late 1800s or early 1900s. They found his cabin abandoned with the door broken in, his dog tied up to the wall and completely insane, and the miner's rifle lying in the middle of the floor. All around the cabin were huge human-like footprints as if something had circled the structure many many times.

I've always loved the zoobie story, Mulder.

To me, the spookiest stories are the ones where the sasquatch act or appear almost human, where they display self-awareness, self-determination, and decision making that goes beyond simple instinct. I suspect it is a variation of the Uncanny Valley.

I hadn't read Don Young's yet. That is terrifying. I wonder if it was an adolescent and the mother called it off. Remember Don had that stuff all over his shoes. Can you imagine spending all night in that tree not know where it was? He definitely gets major props for going back there by himself.

Guest StankApe

I haven't read any sighting/experience that could possibly be scarier than Osterman's! I couldn't imagine being pretty much kidnapped by a giant wood critter and held at a camp with a family of giant things that could snap you into little bits!!!

Whether or not you believe that story, it's a scary thing to imagine!

i do have a fear of looking out a window and seeing eyes looking back at me.... eeesh :blink:

The Rocky story from "The Locals". I have read several accounts of Sasquatch imputing CLEAR messages into the minds of people. Rocky said that when confronted by a huge Squatch, It said to him, "If you take that picture, I will kill you!" He said it didnt say it but Rocky heard it in the same place in ur brain as your inner monolougue. That would make my knees weak!

Another story that I have always like is "The Strangest Story Ever Told" by Harry D. Culp. Not necessarily a true BF story but it is possible the "devils" as he called them, where in fact, Sasquatch. I know old time Alaskans that have been to the location and have said they were never going back, couldn't pay them to. They never said they saw "anything" but had the worst feeling and need to leave the area. The story was published in book form and the truncated version is online for reading.

This is not in report form but I remember Timberghost repeating this in chat or a forum, not sure which one. Well, it seems that Timber and his brother were in a tree stand down south somewhere for the purpose of hunting. This particular stand had a trap door on the bottom. I wish I could remember the details but I believe a hairy guy had discovered them and decided to investigate. The hairy guy started pushing on the trap door and Timber and his brother were doing all they could to deter the hairy guy from busting through it.

According to Timber it was a most memorable nite. I wish he would come here and tell us this incident. I don't think I'm doing it any justice.

To me I thought that was a terrifying incident. I would have lost it....

Guest COGrizzly

Check this out - (previously posted this story on the old BFF) - One of my friends told me one time of a recurring nightmare. He had absolutley no interest in BF whatsoever. Hadn't even heard of or seen the PGF, let alone the story of Ape Canyon.

His dream/nightmare was of him being very young at his families cabin up near Steamboat Springs, CO, deep in the woods. (The same property now has a very nice 3 bedroom cabin/home) In his dream, he would wake up to very loud noises going on around the one room cabin that they stayed in previous to building their bigger cabin. He would get up and go to the window and see several very large ape-like creatures trying to enter the cabin through the windows and the one door. He would see huge, hairy hands grasping and pulling off wood from the outside. He never saw faces because they were to tall. He would always wake up before they entered. Scared the crap out of him, but he still stayed up at the cabin.

Lots of TV shows are coming up about BF in the near future:

1) On Animal Planet: Finding Bigfoot: Further Evidence; this Sunday 10/30 2pm-3pm

2) On Nat Geo:The truth behind BF, 3pm to 4pm This Sunday 10/30

3) On Animal Planet: Finding Bigfoot: Birth of a Legend: 8pm-10pm; This Sunday 10/30

4) On H2(channel 122 on my cable box) Bigfoot:The Definitive Guide, Monday 10/31 7-9pm.

I've seen a couple of these programs and they were fabulous.

However, A couple are new to me, so I've already programmed my Moxie to record each program.

Wow, We can visit here while watching these programs!

That's a nice way to spend Halloween together..

:wub: It would be fun to watch and discuss each program...

• masterbarber locked this topic