Finding Bigfoot Season 2

Guest Forbig

I didn't get to see the whole show, but It was awsome to get the first hand account from Bob and even better to see him explain it on site.

Bob was easy to believe and the opportunity they had to ride there with him was a once in a life time thing.

I don't keep up with many details about these things so I wonder why did he wait so long to talk about it on tv with someone at the location?

When I watched the show I noticed that someone walked behind Cliff as he explained the Patterson film, but I just figured it was someone from the crew trying to get out of the shot so I didn't give it further thought.

Guest wudewasa

Because it has nothing to do with the BFRO. You're not even allowed to comment about them on their message board. They are the competition, so to speak.

The whole BFRO connection to this television series can be confusing.

While some or all of the Finding Bigfoot team are BFRO members, the actual show is not about the BFRO. However. I'm sure that this show is helping to increase enrollment (and payment) for BFRO trips. Brilliant marketing!

Still, with the production crew and all of its associated entourage, I just don't see this group getting any definitive evidence of bigfoot on audio or video, and tracks/ hair sample don't prove anything to me.

Guest Dr. Boogie

The whole BFRO connection to this television series can be confusing.

While some or all of the Finding Bigfoot team are BFRO members, the actual show is not about the BFRO. However. I'm sure that this show is helping to increase enrollment (and payment) for BFRO trips. Brilliant marketing!

Still, with the production crew and all of its associated entourage, I just don't see this group getting any definitive evidence of bigfoot on audio or video, and tracks/ hair sample don't prove anything to me.

I agree. A thought that's crossed my mind is that the association between the BFRO and the producers might sometimes result in a conflict of interests; the conflict between serious scientific study and their 'responsibility' to provide entertainment for the masses.

BFF Patron
I just don't see this group getting any definitive evidence of bigfoot on audio or video, and tracks/ hair sample don't prove anything to me.

Exactly the reason they owe it to the audience to be able to present other valid sound evidence and address this topic. I don't see any responsibility to be scientific so far. They do have the bells and whistles in abundance and are serving the entertainment goals of the production company despite this. Then again, maybe they listen to feedback....the little xmas tree light frame gizmos they use when walking or running give me vertigo as a viewer :)lol.

Exactly the reason they owe it to the audience to be able to present other valid sound evidence and address this topic. I don't see any responsibility to be scientific so far. They do have the bells and whistles in abundance and are serving the entertainment goals of the production company despite this. Then again, maybe they listen to feedback....the little xmas tree light frame gizmos they use when walking or running give me vertigo as a viewer :)lol.

In theory that is supposed to give them a smaller production footprint, less camera operators etc. I doubnt it helps much though lol

In theory that is supposed to give them a smaller production footprint, less camera operators etc. I doubnt it helps much though lol

Speaking of which, pardon my ignorance, but when the investigators are "lit up" as in the image below, is that a regular light shining on them as meander through the woods, or is that something else like an infrared light?

34oq5jq.jpg

Edited by Sasquatch

BFF Patron

Good question, since they are filming with nv or some adaptation of supernightshot I always assumed it was a small infrared illuminator bulb.

I saw that "something" or "someone" go by Cliff as well. It's at the 5:57 mark, at the beginning of the show. Look at Cliff's right ear, and you'll see something walk out from behind a tree, cross a very small opening, then walk behind some more trees. I don't know if it's a crew member. They seem to be pretty fastidious about making sure no one else is in the shot who isn't supposed to be. It seems to travel a good distance fairly quickly. Of course the camera's focused on Cliff, so the background is blurry.

Guest wudewasa

This Animal Planet show focuses more on the researchers than any actual research being conducted.

It used to be that wildlife/nature themed shows were centered on a species or an ecosystem. Now, it is about a host or other person interacting with said biological components.

This paradigm started with the late Steve Irwin, his nature themed documentaries quickly devolving into scenes of him jumping around wildlife like a ritalin deprived child. Instead of education, people tuned in to see how many times that he would be clawed, scratched and bitten on an episode.

Furthermore, this prompted a rash of shows, putting entertainment before science education to attract audiences that continued to laugh at the host's exploits rather than appreciate conservation issues.

Next came "reality" TV, which depicts nothing of the sort. Finding Bigfoot is the latest spawn of the TV industry, and it will have its time. However, after a couple if seasons of not finding bigfoot, people will get bored. Folks want to see a real animal, not footprints, broken deer legs, thrown rocks and CGI images of what sasquatch may resemble. When they get tired of the show, Animal Planet wil most certainly have a new flavor of the week to keep its viewership attracted.

MM will go back to making $$$ off of BFRO merchandise and camping trips, and try to use his fame to accrue more income, can't blame the guy for that. Most likely, bigfoot will never be found, bottom line.

Personally I hate the way they use the POV cameras. I don't want to watch Bobo's facial expressions as he does his call, or any of their expressions for that matter. Give me the direction they are looking at. I have thought that a Stereo camera Could be easily set up into the (slightly thickened) brim of a Cap, with the stereo camera 3D tech could be used to view the footage and more detail extracted. A range finder could also be incorporated into the design with the distance discretely displayed at the edge of the image.

But that's just one of my pet peeves with Reality TV Documentaries that concentrate on trying to capture Cryptids and Paranormal activity. Don't get me started on the Audio "sound effects"....

Guest wudewasa

But Krisop, it looks funny when they make their calls, and that's what the public wants, humor. A person that I know watched MM yell and he could not stop laughing. When Bobo did his vocalization, the guy said to me, "Get that guy a Chewbacca costume and a contract from George Lucas!"

I have no doubt that these people are sincere in their research, but the editors of this show are not helping them to look professional or organized. It's not about the research, but the money, viewership and commercial time that Animal Planet can sell. Don't take this show seriously, but some of the cast should be recognized for their endeavors.

I've watched that clip of the figure running through the woods behind Cliff a bunch of times, and still don't know what to think. I'm leaning towards a hoax, personally. It seems deliberate. I have a tough time believing a BF would cruise through the woods, while filming a BF show, with a bunch of people standing around.

Edited by PacNWSquatcher

Guest runswithwinchester

I've watched that clip of the figure running through the woods behind Cliff a bunch of times, and still don't know what to think. I'm leaning towards a hoax, personally. It seems deliberate. I have a tough time believing a BF would cruise through the woods, while filming a BF show, with a bunch of people standing around.

Which one was that? Show I mean.

Which one was that? Show I mean.

It was in the most recent episode that aired on 10/30. Here it is starting about the 5:55 mark, although the quality here is not good enough to see anything other than something moving:

http://youtu.be/oL0X9njSpxY

Edited by Sasquatch