Correlations Between Seasons And Sighting Elevations?

SSR Team

Still doesn't negate the research showing the magic 2000-3000 ft. levels for the average sighting. Wish I could find that link now. I'm pretty sure it was for the PNW.

Wasn't it Paulides and Nor Cal ?

SSR Team

A Google search on " Sasquatch Sightings Elevation Average " see's us leading the way really, my Squatchometrics Report on Calameo, our thread on the BFF and also this interesting Report done by the University of Illinois..

http://www.qc.cuny.edu/Academics/Degrees/DMNS/Faculty%20Documents/Hickerson2.pdf

• 2 months later...

I'm working on putting pos&neg data together from my field notes. I just haven't decided if I want to do a website, book, or what. But so far in my research area in the summer the BF are down low along the river and creeks, spring and fall the BF are anywhere in between, and winter the BF are above the snowline. The elevations in my research area are from 500ft the lowest to 4881ft the highest.

SSR Team

In Winter they're above the snowline ?

That's incredibly interesting CMB..

Have you looked at the SSR that we're doing, i think it will interest you ?

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/topic/31463-ssrdb-introduction-video/

In Mar. 1999 a group of us drove far as we could in the snow then walked about another mile or two. One of the guys with us is a science teacher and he said what are we doing way up here, there's no animals, tracks, nothing. We had one of the guys do a call and we got a reply from higher up from a single animal.

In Dec. 1999 the first day it snowed I drove up close to the top of a mountain and walked to the end of the road. I found fresh 18" tracks that came down the hill, turned 90 degrees and walked off into thick brush parallel a trail. I found fresh 14" tracks come out of the woods, walk around a firepit, then back the way it came. And I found 8" tracks that came out of the woods onto the road and turn around and went back the way it came.

In Feb. 2012 my friend and I rode atv's further then anybody up a snow covered road. I wanted to show him where I found 16" tracks earlier that summer. We turned the atv's off and started to walk up a trail then we got yelled at. It sounded like a man yell, so I yelled back. No reply, so we kept on walking up the trail and found older tracks that would parallel the trail.

That's some of my winter experiences.

I tried to look at the SSR video. No luck.