Tbrc Operation Endurance Report

BFF Patron

Very nice on the blood capture. So will a Texas university, lab. or medical department within such be doing the dna testing soon? What are the timelines and need to know distribution/release of findings on that? In-house, published in journal, shared with a current study, self-publication?

So is the PR/Media Coordinator also the report writer, if so job well done....if not pass on the praise.

Edited to add the sound of double drumming following the knock at 3 seconds sounds more like a deliberate attempt at drumming on something and not a rock impact.

OE Report Link Soundfile 1:

At 6 1/2 and 19 1/2 seconds what are the muffled "who" sounds? The last impact sounded wood on wood at near 21 seconds.....and forceful at that

OE Report Link Soundfile 2:

At 25 seconds and 29 seconds there are whispered vocals (yes, could be pareidolia but I'm using earphones and it does seem to show up). Last sound event in that second link does seem to be a tapped out or drummed event (although I could have my arm twisted and accept it is a pebble rolling down some form of roof line I suppose).

Back to the first file of double tap drumming at 3 secs....this is similar in sound to some incidents where I recorded what I thought and interpreted as window screen raps (PM me if you need a sample of that sound....do your cabins have screens and has anybody heard an approach to such or sounds like screens being drummed, just asking?).

The report was a team effort. I played a minor role, however.

We're cognizant of the amount of DNA claims floating around lately and would rather keep information about whatever may or may not come of the analysis close to the vest for the moment. That's not us trying to be all Secret Squirrel, it's just us trying not to get anyone's hopes up or create unrealistic expectations. Those samples have a lot of things going against them, but they've been handled and stored very carefully by a limited number of people, all of whom have provided buccal swabs in case we need to screen results against their DNA. We have one sample at a lab and await results.

Edited to add the sound of double drumming following the knock at 3 seconds sounds more like a deliberate attempt at drumming on something and not a rock impact.

You mean on the "rapping noise" file? I agree.

The last impact sounded wood on wood at near 21 seconds.....and forceful at that

On the "loud knock" file? Yeah, that was a serious impact.

Also, regarding the blood found, I feel somewhat guilty for not being able to mention it before this was published. If you go back and read my comments in the Echo thread and listen to what I said on The Bigfoot Show, you'll see I have been very carefully specific in saying Echo team did not find any evidence. That's true. It was found by Delta team. I apologize if anyone feels misled.

BFF Patron

Yes, and yes.

Don't feel misled.

I edited my post with some other observations after you responded in kind to my unedited post.

...do your cabins have screens and has anybody heard an approach to such or sounds like screens being drummed.

That have been approached many times over the years. I can't recall anyone reporting drumming on screens (the cabin has them), but in the past the cabin has been slapped and members of OE reported bipedal footfalls as well as close by vocalizations (growls, etc.).

I edited my post with some other observations after you responded in kind to my unedited post.

Yes, I see that you have. :)

(although I could have my arm twisted and accept it is a pebble rolling down some form of roof line I suppose).

The recorder was on an old freezer about 30 feet from the cabin but not near a pitched roof. Also nearby is a trailer that hasn't been inhabited for quite some time. Lots of "stuff" around, as well as a fair bit of foliage and the creek bed very nearby.

Edited by bipto

It was found by Delta team.

Sorry, I misspoke (mistyped?). It was Foxtrot, not Delta. I apparently have forgotten the order of the alphabet.

@ BIPTO

on the report it was saying that they don't want to use the motion sensor cameras any more and just have them snap pictures every couple seconds.

Just a suggestion,I did this on my own property, I took x-10 wired cameras that are wired with phone cable and ran it to a lap top with an external hard drive. it works good.

you guys would have to find cameras for the quality you want, but the set up should work for you.

Assuming that there isn't power to the cabins,from one of the cabins,(or make a weatherproof box to bury or put in a tree) You can run the system on a couple deep cycle 12 volt batteries with a power inverter, and charge the batteries with solar panels.

you can use a laptop or stream line a desktop to just run what you need.

you can use underground phone cable and bury it a couple inches. (they also have wireless cams but i don't know if you want to use them.)

you can use multiple hard drive partitioned as one fo hi capacity. there is also software that can detect motion on the recording video,

and if you want go a little farther, you can have it set up with a cellular modem to send you the recorded video to you.

This is just a couple ideas, there are so many new systems coming out that it's hard to keep track.

what i am suggesting is a cost effective method,the other systems can get pricey.

keep up the good work, and good luck.

Edited by zigoapex

BFF Patron

Good ideas zigo. Maybe use the old freezer (upright or low boy?), cut a hole out of a section of it, use some gel filters to red/blue darken the opening and set a camera up in it. But only after leaving it out stocked with Cherry Pepsi for a few weeks. Plan B is do the same thing with a couple spare tall boys but you risk the fridge being hauled away with that one. If bears find any of this stuff first all bets off. If it works you can say the Bigfoot-tracker Boys made you do it.....j/k

Outstanding report. Those are clearly blood stains. This should dispel any thoughts that what Daryl shot at was the nephew or the girlfriend (as obviously they had no wounds). Blood can be degraded by sun exposure, but hopefully there is enough DNA present to determine species.

Thanks for sharing the report bipto. Looking forward to your DNA results on those blood stains. Is this part of the Ketchum test project or will you independently test it? Thanks.

Is this part of the Ketchum test project or will you independently test it?

No, we have not sent a sample to Ketchum's lab. We've sent our first sample to someone else.

Blood can be degraded by sun exposure, but hopefully there is enough DNA present to determine species.

That's exactly right. We *know* it's blood, we *suspect* it was from the animal that was shot at, but we're worried that sitting in the sun for several days may have ruined it's DNA potential.

Edited by bipto

I noticed that the blood stains appeared a bit diluted, like some other fluid mixed with it. Not sure what that would mean as far as wound location. Most blood drops I've seen were much darker when dried.

BFF Patron

Anybody else hear the muffled "whos" and the "whisper vocals" alluded to in my post above......or are you all still thinking on those?

@SY above, posted at same time, sanguoserous fluid could indicate a weeping wound such as around the nasal cavity for instance or even a toenail/fingernail lost or injured. Maybe the gunfire and resultant smaller wounds caused the bigfoot to bust his nose against overhang, knee/shin scrapes or stub it's poor toe upon entry to the rock-bed of the stream. Could also indicate other mucous membrane injury or previous infection, injury or wounds that were reaggravated such as scabbing, etc. I suppose or deeper tissue injury.....when in doubt, seek medical advice......Jodie?

Anybody else hear the muffled "whos" and the "whisper vocals" alluded to in my post above......or are you all still thinking on those?

I've listened to those files many times and haven't heard that, but I'll get my 'phones and check them out again.

No, we have not sent a sample to Ketchum's lab. We've sent our first sample to someone else.

Thats probably a good idea at this point in time. Not that she couldn't help you out, it's just that she would not be puting out results on samples of this nature until after the paper is published and wouldn't likely be able to tell you what you want to hear about it.

I guess I'm thinking about it, I hear a who vocal along with a high shrill vocal simultaneously at the beginning of the vocal file originally shared in the bigfoot show. Also what sounds like a snore at 21 seconds in that file. A whisper vocal in that kind of insect noise would have to be at the mic to pickup.