Tbrc Operation Endurance Report

What would you guys do with a human result? Would it justify an indepth and expensive DNA study?

We will expend whatever resources we can if required to do so.

Guest parnassus

B

So the blood wasn't found til the next day? Was that during a resumption of the previous search or just by accident? Who found it?

Thanks

p

Additional teams returned to the area in the following days to continue the search for evidence. Stones with apparent blood stains were subsequently discovered a short distance east of the original sighting location in the dry creek bed that is adjacent to the cabins.
Sounds to me like they were definitely searching the area they thought the creature passed through after being shot at.

Thanks for the update, Bipto! It is good to see activity over there at the TBRC again.

Edited by ShadoAngel

Yes, the teams immediately after were definitely looking for evidence of a dead or wounded animal. There was an unavoidable gap of several days between Echo and Foxtrot.

Guest parnassus

Yes, the teams immediately after were definitely looking for evidence of a dead or wounded animal. There was an unavoidable gap of several days between Echo and Foxtrot.

B

Thanks

So DC didnt find the blood?how many days between shooting and the find?

p

It's possible the BF wandered several miles from the area and died in dense brush. Can you get a blood hound to follow the trail before it goes cold? Since BFs have a powerful smell, chances are the bloodhound can still follow the trail. Do you have the funds to hire a hound and man track team? This could be the chance of a life time if BF is out there dead somewhere.

The Bloodhound's physical characteristics account for its ability to follow a scent trail left several days in the past. Under optimal conditions, a Bloodhound can detect as few as one or two cells. The Bloodhound's nasal chambers (where scents are identified) are larger than those of most other breeds. The large, long pendent ears serve to prevent wind from scattering nearby skin cells while the dog's nose is on the ground; the folds of wrinkled flesh under the lips and neck—called the shawl—serve to catch stray scent particles in the air or on a nearby branch as the Bloodhound is scenting, reinforcing the scent in the dog's memory and nose.[30]

The number of olfactory receptor cells are 4 billion in a bloodhound, compared to just 12 million in a human and 100 million in a rabbit [31]

The surface area of bloodhound olfactory epithelium is 59 sq.in. compared to human's 10 sq.cm. [31]

You will have to get the local sheriff on board.

Texas Bloodhound Search and Rescue serves the citizens of Texas and surrounding states

as needed in Fugitive Man-Trailing and missing person situations by providing a trained

Law Enforcement search and rescue team in cooperation with local, county, state, and

federal law enforcement agencies. There is no fee to citizen's and / or law enforcement

agencies for services provided.

http://www.portarthur.com/tbsar/

NON EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION:

DETECTIVE HOLMES

409-983-8646 (Leave Message if unavailable)

Email : tbsar@portarthur.com

All requests for assistance must be made by legitimate law enforcement agency only!

Texas Bloodhound Search and Rescue will not respond to requests by private individuals.

Reasonable lodging and food accommodations "may" need to be covered

by requesting agency due to location/ time on callout.

Edited by georgerm

Thanks for making the report available

It is true your group doesn't owe us anything, so it is appreciated that you did share it

• 2 weeks later...

For those who are interested, the TBRC has posted the audio portion of the presentation I made at our recent conference regarding Operation Endurance. It contains some more details about the event that didn't make it into our summary article as well as some interesting clips of the involved investigators conducted on-site.

http://texasbigfoot.com/index.php/news/news/48-news/212

"If it bleeds, we can kill it."

I understand how difficult it could be to track a nocturnal bigfoot at night, but there are only so many places a creature like that could hide during the day. The alleged shooting also took place during daylight hours, correct? Are there caves in the vicinity?

When I'm looking for something nocturnal and secretive, I stake out its likely haunts during the day. Then I actually go in and do the survey work at night.

I don't know of any caves in the area. And yes, our observations at the beginning of OE indicated a nocturnal pattern, but as the operation wore on, they seemed to shift to diurnal activity. No explanation for that, but it's what we observed. In fact, both the sightings occurred during the day.

We agree that they have to go *somewhere*, but the area is vast and thick and we've not found anything like a lair or bedding area or other sign of where they might go to sleep or eat. Personally, that's one of the things I'd like to do when I go back in there next year. We spend some time hoofing it across country and it can be quite tiring fighting the undergrowth and terrain in the heat, but assuming they are there (and we do assume that) sooner or later we should be able to stumble upon that kind of sign if we spend enough time looking.

The blood looks the way you would expect it to look after it's dried for a few days. Doesn't appear to be a lot of it so you only have a thin layer to begin with, must be from a minor injury and could be from anything. Hopefully, DNA testing will rule out other animals if it hasn't become too degraded.

Edit to say: This is gross, but after looking at the pics again, it looks the way lochia does several days out from giving birth, whatever that might indicate for a fresh wound, possibly a large number of white blood cells present from the trauma???

Jodie, I was thinking that also, but could also be from old wounds.

We nurses can be handy at times. I'll also show hubby when he arrives home.

Georgerm said:

It's possible the BF wandered several miles from the area and died in dense brush. Can you get a blood hound to follow the trail before it goes cold? Since BFs have a powerful smell, chances are the bloodhound can still follow the trail. Do you have the funds to hire a hound and man track team? This could be the chance of a life time if BF is out there dead somewhere.

Susi says:

Texas has had torrential rains recently.

You may have missed this opportunity. :(

To TBRC and anyone who supports them,

You guys should be ashamed not proud. First off you guys aren't military, you didn't have an "operation" you went and sat in the woods, and "bravo team", "foxtrot team", that just sounds silly. Congrats you guys managed to open fire on a rare creature who is probably more human than you, yep your group rocks! Now let's look at what this wounded BF has probably dealt with, first a painful gunshot wound, it's probably now infected or gangrenous and if it's still alive is suffering greatly and it's family doesn't know what to do. Wow you have drops of blood, now they can be tested and the results can be inconclusive or human, another dead end! All to be the first to "get the body" at the expense of a poor BF that wants to be left alone. TBRC use a camera not a gun, and before you sleep at night think about how much pain and agony you caused this poor creature, and for what?

Edited by Art1972
to remove numerous insults and personal attacks...
  • Upvote 1

As far as I know, Bluestar detects blood, not blood from a specific source. That's where were also pursuing DNA analysis.

Right, Looking topically at blood, blood is blood is blood..

Microscopic analysis is needed to determine whether human or something *other*.

To TBRC and anyone who supports them,

You guys should be ashamed not proud. First off you guys aren't military, you didn't have an "operation" you went and sat in the woods, and "bravo team", "foxtrot team", that just sounds silly. Congrats you guys managed to open fire on a rare creature who is probably more human than you, yep your group rocks! Now let's look at what this wounded BF has probably dealt with, first a painful gunshot wound, it's probably now infected or gangrenous and if it's still alive is suffering greatly and it's family doesn't know what to do. Wow you have drops of blood, now they can be tested and the results can be inconclusive or human, another dead end! All to be the first to "get the body" at the expense of a poor BF that wants to be left alone. TBRC use a camera not a gun, and before you sleep at night think about how much pain and agony you caused this poor creature, and for what?

I support them. Calling people names that are members here is over the line. Not everyone in the TBRC takes the same stance on whether or not to kill a Sasquatch. If you don't like it, why don't you get off your backside, get out there, get pictures yourself and prove the existence of Bigfoot so they will be protected and you have nothing to worry about. Oh wait, I bet you have no idea where to even start. And I bet even if you did, your pictures wouldn't be enough, so you might want to get busy dreaming of ways to prove their existence instead of hurling extremely uninformed, ignorant insults.

Edited by Art1972
to partially remove quote ...