Tbrc Operation Endurance Report

Arrr but it did get leaked and that to me raises questions, things get leaked out for a reason, motive, etc, the site is looking for donations and although it might or might not add to much $ they still are and that hits the alarm bell, top that off with this we have something but wait thing and you got some mighty sketchy goings on the way i see it, i won't get into what happened cause it was was reckless.

Well for better or worse, this is how non-profit organizations work. The TBRC doesn't have a slick TV show, or paid expeditions so they are in a position where they need donations for operating costs. I just don't see how this story helps at all. I don't know the kill/no kill percentage rates, if it is anywhere near 50/50 why would they incense half of their potential donors with something like this? Then suppose it ends up being exposed as an out and out hoax as many believe since its just a publicity grab, they now lose all credibility for being exposed as a fraud organization. Seems like an awfully risky attempt at grabbing a few dollars. Why would they risk that? The best way to get notariety and cash is by producing proof, not by perhaps winging a sasquatch and leaving themselves open to some really stong criticism. They have been called everything from criminals, and para-military wannabes, to trigger happy rednecks. It doesn't seem like this would be concocted with thoughts of high praise and people opening their wallets because of it. I think they had to set the record straight, and are vouching for one of their members in Daryl Colyer. It all comes down to his word, and he has earned enough credibility capital with the group for them to stand by his story. I know if I had been the one in his spot, I would absolutely be thankful to have a group of guys like that to go to bat for me.

Well for better or worse, this is how non-profit organizations work. The TBRC doesn't have a slick TV show, or paid expeditions so they are in a position where they need donations for operating costs. I just don't see how this story helps at all. I don't know the kill/no kill percentage rates, if it is anywhere near 50/50 why would they incense half of their potential donors with something like this? Then suppose it ends up being exposed as an out and out hoax as many believe since its just a publicity grab, they now lose all credibility for being exposed as a fraud organization. Seems like an awfully risky attempt at grabbing a few dollars. Why would they risk that? The best way to get notariety and cash is by producing proof, not by perhaps winging a sasquatch and leaving themselves open to some really stong criticism. They have been called everything from criminals, and para-military wannabes, to trigger happy rednecks. It doesn't seem like this would be concocted with thoughts of high praise and people opening their wallets because of it. I think they had to set the record straight, and are vouching for one of their members in Daryl Colyer. It all comes down to his word, and he has earned enough credibility capital with the group for them to stand by his story. I know if I had been the one in his spot, I would absolutely be thankful to have a group of guys like that to go to bat for me.

Maybe if they left out the DNA part this would have been good for them but they're in too deep now.

Edited post to remove negative comment. Chris B.

I'm not sure about the idea that tracking by an expert would not be productive. You argue that "to track down a squatch, you'd have to move faster than the track maker", but most large mammals in our hinterland can move faster than we do. Also, such a large animal as a sasquatch is purported to be would burn up alot of calories and would need to consume alot of calories ---- it would not be always moving away.

I'm also very curious about the phenomena of "the right audible sounds" relating to sasquatch. I do not know what the explanation is, but I'm finding myself suspicious about the increasing number of field researchers who are going out in the field and hearing the hoots and howls and the samurai voices and the experiencing of rock throwing and wood knockings and the like. Seems like almost common occurances nowadays. Yet, no definitive evidence is outcomed.

Do you have any explanation as to how the Texas group in the Honobia area were able to virtually communicate with a pod of sasquatch, only yards away, and still come up with no verifiable evidence for the existence of such? And, how many times has this scenario been played out over the last few years? And why you think the future of this type of investigation will be more productive than the past?

It doesn't matter to me what you think, If there is nobody here that you can trust, then you'll have to get out there and see for yourself. What you've heard in this thread is that an entire organization went and learned more in six weeks of field time than they did in 5 years putting out camera traps in that same place. If they are correct in their perceptions of what was going on, then they did learn what sounds they need to investigate in future trips there. Exactly what would you want to see as productive and verifiable? A dead specimen, Some photos of dark figures hiding behind tree's? This isn't like any animal you've ever delt with. I challenge you to give squatching an honest shot in the field, or wait on the physical proof, either will eventually settle it for you, and you won't have to be so suspicious of others. If you are going to start throwing anyone here in with the hoaxers, I think you should get to know them first.

• Upvote 1

Guest RedRatSnake

My feelings are just like the other DNA story we got going, it should have been all kept hush hush until there was a result, in the tbrc's case they should have just denied the accusations until a possible favorable result was given.

But i guess it's too late so it is what it is.

I don't get how this is a money grab when the TBRC wasn't even the ones who leaked the story of the incident. Mr. Branson got on a couple of podcasts and started saying the BFRO was on his land shooting AK-47s. Only at this point did the TBRC have to come out to get the story corrected. Doesn't seem like a good way to cash in.

Not to mention that they CAN'T "cash in", because of their tax status.

it should have been all kept hush hush until there was a result,

I said pretty much the same thing over in the Ketchum Study thread.

It doesn't matter to me what you think,

Thanks SY. Appreciate your honesty.

Get back to you in 5 or 10 years and see if you are vindicated -- or not.

Thanks SY. Appreciate your honesty.

Get back to you in 5 or 10 years and see if you are vindicated -- or not.

So you're just gonna run from the challenge jerry? suppose you had your own experience out there, would you have the stones to share it here? who would believe you?

I think we can stick a fork in this one as it is done.

A plethora of *reports* concerning posts within this thread as well as a couple of members making off topic and trollish posts.

Kind of a shame as there was some good conversation initially.

I normally hesitate to close threads, and usually do so with the intent to re-open the thread in a day or two after some time to cool off.

I can't say that I plan on re-opening this one as there have been too many reports and I generally live by the old adage of *Do Not Feed Troll's.*