Consistency In Sighting Reports

MNskeptic

SSR Team

Another good one where swaying is reported is from a hotel in Alabama with a Guy watching one from his hotel balcony in a forest out the back.

If my memory serves me right, it was a near to a place that had Rockets ( space ) in it and the hotel was a big chain.

Edit : Haha bingo, the memory isn't so bad after all..;)

Google search BFRO Alabama Rocket Swaying worked wonders, although the word "swaying" isn't actually used, it's described as "rocking back and forth" - http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_report.asp?ID=25559&PrinterFriendly=True 

Edited by BobbyO

I read the report, interesting.  I see what you mean by him saying the sasquatch rocked back and forth.  Saying "back and forth" is not the best choice of words which is going forwards and backwards, but he clarifies it by also saying it was side to side, which is what these other accounts describe.  An odd feature is some sasquatches go to great extremes not to be seen, but at other times they act as if they want to be seen.  This persons claims the sasquatch wants to be seen.  The sighting report had something I found somewhat entertaining too -- what he grabs a handful of to put in a plastic bag.  The report states,

" I did notice what looked like scat --it took the form of explosive diarrhea and looked like a hundred birds had pooped in a small area--like in a shotgun pattern-heavy in the middle and lighter to the outside perimeter-I put a large handful in a Marriott laundry plastic bag--It looks like feces and digested berries and seeds." 

Good for him.  I guess he washed his hand afterwards.  This is the first time I've read about sasquatch explosive/shotgun diarrhea.  Maybe Marriott dumpster diving finally caught up with the big guy.

Edited by salubrious

Thanks for the links to the swaying/rocking sightings guys. This particular aspect has fascinated me for years.

One of my favourites has to be Todd Neiss's famous encounter from 1993.

SSR Team

Is that from the rock quarry or something like that in Oregon Mark ?

Multiple creatures ? With explosions ?

I can't remember reading about them swaying, if it's the same one i'm thinking about.

Guest Crowlogic

In today’s world consistency in Bigfoot reports is next to meaningless.  There is far to much information out there in the form of videos, book and internet to have the potential witness truly describing a unique from scratch event.  I’ve never seen Bigfoot and I no Long believe Bigfoot is out there but here is a sighting I've created just from my own research an exposure to the issue.

It was the Saturday before Thanksgiving 1990 when I had my sighting.  We had driven up to the Adirondack preserve in northern NY State for the weekend.  Our hotel was in the town of Saranac Lake near Lake Placid.  I hadn't been to Saranac since the early 70’s but it hadn't changed all that much.

The morning of my sighting I had decided to hike a trail that lead up to an overlook where  we used to hike to as college students.  My companion stayed in town to antique shop.  I drove approximately.  Â¾  of a mile to the trail head and set out on the one mile hike up to the overlook.  It was a crisp morning slightly hazy and overcast but there was no threat of precipitation which at that time of year can be full blown snow up there.  But the woods were free of snow and the forest floor was ripe with the fresh fall of the Autumn leaf shed.  The trail itself is well worn and goes nearly in a straight line to the summit and overlook.  While there are only slight meanderings there are two other trails that intersect with the main trail.  One trail at about mid way leads to a rough camping area and the other close to the summit is a game trail that crosses the main one.  I took my time up the trail reliving the times I had hiked it with  old cohorts from school now spread to the winds and out of touch.  But the thoughts brought mostly smiles.

I reached the summit around 10:30AM and scouted around for any of the telltale remains of my long ago visits.  We used to scratch initials and dates on the stone outcropping.  However the site has been in use steadily and the rocks are well marked over by more recent passers by.  But the view was as spectacular as ever and gives a good reminder of how vast New York State is, especially the Adirondack preserve.  I stayed up there for about 25 minutes then began the descent.  I was feeling clear and vigorous as only the mountains can make you. 

Towards the mid way point I was beginning to plan the rest of the day and I was approaching the camp trail when my sighting occurred.  From my position on the main trail I could see the camp trail where it intersected with the main.  As I was slightly higher I had a good view of the woods and camp trail.  My eye caught a dark shape moving along the camp trail heading towards the main trail.  I could make out it’s motion was in strides as if a person on the trail.  I was perhaps 20 yards away and I was taken by the uniform dark brown color of the entity.  I first thought why would a UPS delivery person be up here on a Saturday?  It was very much the color of a UPS uniform.  I stopped walking and focused on this thing.  After a few seconds I suspected it wasn't a person.  I crouched down behind a wild blueberry bush to be as inconspicuous as I could be.  After about a dozen strides this thing was at the intersection of the two trails.  I had a perfect profile view of it.  It was covered in medium dark brown hair of different lengths between 1 and 4 inches I estimate.  It was clearly on two legs and possessed longer than usual arms if it was indeed a person.  It didn't proceed on the trail instead it turned to it’s left to look in my direction.  I felt a surge of apprehension and hoped it wasn't interested in me.  Fortunately it stayed put and I observed it’s face.  It was a vaguely human face of  ancient proportions.  Apelike and very hairy.  It’s eyes were dark and gorilla like but there was a sense that it’s gaze was feeding into a more active mind than a gorilla’s. It looked in my direction for about 10 seconds then scanned across the trail and down it as if deciding on a direction.  It stepped onto the main trail and briskly strode down it.  I stayed put for a couple of minutes wanting distance from it.  Eventually I rose to my feet and finished my descent.  Analyzing my sighting I estimate it was about 7 feet tall weighing around 300 pounds but it moved smoothly and quietly.  I did come to where it left the main trail and took to the woods.  Its passage was scarcely noticeable and I never heard it at all.

Back at the hotel I didn't tell my companion what I had seen.  I simply implied that some things were the same and some things were different there.

I never have any problem with someone thinking they are not out there.

I do also have one admonishment, which is this: Go ahead, that's fine, don't worry about BF. But if you ever have an encounter, be prepared to see whatever it was or is that you think go right out the window. Until then (if it ever happens, and the likelihood that is will is remote), no worries!

In today’s world consistency in Bigfoot reports is next to meaningless.  There is far to much information out there in the form of videos, book and internet to have the potential witness truly describing a unique from scratch event.  I’ve never seen Bigfoot and I no Long believe Bigfoot is out there but here is a sighting I've created just from my own research an exposure to the issue.

There are many "consistent" reports from the 1800's and the better part of the 20th century among people who did not have access to video, or books, or the Internet to color their observations, and saying people who give consistent accounts today are somehow tainted by prior knowledge of these descriptions ignores the generations who were exempt from such exposures.   It is not a sound argument for the non-existence of bigfoot, nor is it a good argument against sightings today being consistent with those of yesteryear who were not exposed to this wealth of information, since the consistency is likely because they are witnessing what people long ago also witnessed.

Edited by jayjeti

Is that from the rock quarry or something like that in Oregon Mark ?

Multiple creatures ? With explosions ?

I can't remember reading about them swaying, if it's the same one i'm thinking about.

Sure is Bobby. Lot's of different versions out there with and without the swaying detail. Listened to a few interviews with Todd and he always stresses the swaying/rocking aspect.

Here's a pretty comprehensive version here:

http://cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-report/neiss/

For the record CL I reckon I would have filed your report into the BS pile.

Read several similar reports where you can pretty much guess when someone is telling a tale and not relating a genuine experience. The ststoryteller works hard to paint a picture when actually the cold hard facts matter much more than setting the scene.

Edited by MarkGlasgow

Whats your point Crow? sorry but isnt it common sense that anyone can make up a sighting? and i thought you were done posting here or did i read your post wrong ?

Jay i totally agree with you. how cool is it that descriptions from almost 200 yr ago match up with today?

the funniest explanation i think skeptics offer is that bigfoot is mainly. caused by hallucination. um really? so out of all the. things one could hallucinate, its BF. Not a T REX or big bird, giant spider, i mean ANYTHING. BUT NO , Everytime someone halluclnates they see BF. comeee onnn. or when a person being drunk is the cause of their BF encounter . like alcohol makes people see things all of a sudden,like lsd or shrooms, comeee onnn skeptics.

Jay i totally agree with you. how cool is it that descriptions from almost 200 yr ago match up with today?

Or maybe 1000 years ago.  Did the Viking Leif Ericson record a bigfoot sighting around AD 1000?

The following is copied from the Gulf Coast Bigfoot Research Organization.

"It is a little known historical fact that the first Sasquatch encounter was perhaps observed by the vikings who settled on the island of Newfoundland in Eastern Canada. Leif Erikson, or Leif the Lucky (son of Erik the Red), and his crew of Norsemen landed on the rugged shores on "The Rock" some one thousand years ago, becoming the first Europeans to set foot in the Western World. Leif kept a record of his journey across the Atlantic, from Iceland to Greenland, and of his experiences whilst in Newfoundland, the last point of land on his voyage. Among his accounts, Leif told of seeing huge hairy men who towered over him and his Berzerker crew (and the vikings are known to have been large men). The "huge hairy men", according to Leif, lived in the Woods and had a rank odour and a deafening shriek. Apparently, Leif had several sightings of the "huge hairy men" before departing the island." 

http://www.gcbro.com/CAnf001.html

Some of the Native American Lore seems to be very old as well.

the funniest explanation i think skeptics offer is that bigfoot is mainly. caused by hallucination. um really? so out of all the. things one could hallucinate, its BF. Not a T REX or big bird, giant spider, i mean ANYTHING. BUT NO , Everytime someone halluclnates they see BF. comeee onnn. or when a person being drunk is the cause of their BF encounter . like alcohol makes people see things all of a sudden,like lsd or shrooms, comeee onnn skeptics.

You have to be careful or you will confuse them with facts.  

I threw a rock and hit my hallucination.  My hallucination then left me bloodied and injured.  No lie.

Edited by jayjeti

CL - Sorry my friend, I read your post and it doesn't make sense....  If a person has brown hair, does it matter if it’s dyed or natural brown? The point is this, there isn't a whole lot of ways an individual can describe the color brown nor does it really matter. Taking it a step further, if I, you, or my Grammy sees something that is unearthly not right we, you, and my Grammy will use whatever words of the vocabulary we possess limited only by our own mastery of the English language.

If inconsistent reports are based on the premise that too many people spin tales they read from the internet, then consider this:

Daniel Boone and Theodore Roosevelt both had multiple encounters and their memoirs were poignant and clear in their descriptions. Speaking of Americana for a moment, Lewis and Clark, and some of our most respected forefather’s such as Thomas Jefferson, to the first colonial explorers to the likes of Captain John Smith also noted something strange. Numerous American and British high ranking officers of the War of 1812 noted bizarre creatures roaming the woods of the Midwest. But don't let me stop now, before the American colonist there were Spanish explorers and other European explorers who plied and prowled the America's such as De Soto, Coronado and Magellan too, who were very familiar with giant beings and before that, Leif Erickson around the year 982 all of whom wrote and told of strange beings. All of this was accomplished before the internet and not a single thread of evidence shows either those listed above exchanged stories amongst each other. The first nation’s people long before the first European explorers were clear in their teachings and messages, and what we largely disregard as old legends were not intended as entertainment. Remember there were no internet, no newspapers or telephones, the stories told were meant to inform and guide as matter of record; and even science today is just now coming to grips with how consistent “legends†were with we know about Sasquatch today. Beyond what I already said, let us not forget all of the r#%*$#@%s and esoteric teachings and other works of arts and all of the ancient quasi-secret orders that encircle the globe in time and history who clearly understood this very well.  No, I cannot agree that anyone can argue and prove or disprove the authenticity of a report under the premise they are made or contrived in cookie cutter fashion from the internet.  

Edited by Gumshoeye

On the episode of Finding BF I saw tonight, Cliff was investigating a sighting report and concluded the sighting was a legitimate BF, among several reasons, due to the way the creature grasped a tree branch before walking off. Seems BF tend to grasp with the thumb on the same side as the fingers like other higher primates vs. humans that tend to grasp with the thumb opposite the fingers. That was a rather interesting consistency that Cliff picked up on.

MNSkeptic

Guest Crowlogic

CL - Sorry my friend, I read your post and it doesn't make sense....  If a person has brown hair, does it matter if it’s dyed or natural brown? The point is this, there isn't a whole lot of ways an individual can describe the color brown nor does it really matter. Taking it a step further, if I, you, or my Grammy sees something that is unearthly not right we, you, and my Grammy will use whatever words of the vocabulary we possess limited only by our own mastery of the English language.

If inconsistent reports are based on the premise that too many people spin tales they read from the internet, then consider this:

Daniel Boone and Theodore Roosevelt both had multiple encounters and their memoirs were poignant and clear in their descriptions. Speaking of Americana for a moment, Lewis and Clark, and some of our most respected forefather’s such as Thomas Jefferson, to the first colonial explorers to the likes of Captain John Smith also noted something strange. Numerous American and British high ranking officers of the War of 1812 noted bizarre creatures roaming the woods of the Midwest. But don't let me stop now, before the American colonist there were Spanish explorers and other European explorers who plied and prowled the America's such as De Soto, Coronado and Magellan too, who were very familiar with giant beings and before that, Leif Erickson around the year 982 all of whom wrote and told of strange beings. All of this was accomplished before the internet and not a single thread of evidence shows either those listed above exchanged stories amongst each other. The first nation’s people long before the first European explorers were clear in their teachings and messages, and what we largely disregard as old legends were not intended as entertainment. Remember there were no internet, no newspapers or telephones, the stories told were meant to inform and guide as matter of record; and even science today is just now coming to grips with how consistent “legends†were with we know about Sasquatch today. Beyond what I already said, let us not forget all of the r#%*$#@%s and esoteric teachings and other works of arts and all of the ancient quasi-secret orders that encircle the globe in time and history who clearly understood this very well.  No, I cannot agree that anyone can argue and prove or disprove the authenticity of a report under the premise they are made or contrived in cookie cutter fashion from the internet.  

We can't concern ourselves with 500 years ago.  They saw sea serpents and dragons too, also Griffins.  Did you find anything wrong with the report I created?  The problem is we've long past the point where testimony has value.  I can watch the PGF and create a sighting and say it looked just like the PGF.  There is simply too much material to fabricate from now.  It'd be nice if 5000 sincere reports got us a body but it won't and reports never give a repeat performance by the creature of the report.  There's nothing left to build on  from reports.  There are IMO a waste of time since they do not produce a body.

Or maybe 1000 years ago.  Did the Viking Leif Ericson record a bigfoot sighting around AD 1000?

The following is copied from the Gulf Coast Bigfoot Research Organization.

"It is a little known historical fact that the first Sasquatch encounter was perhaps observed by the vikings who settled on the island of Newfoundland in Eastern Canada. Leif Erikson, or Leif the Lucky (son of Erik the Red), and his crew of Norsemen landed on the rugged shores on "The Rock" some one thousand years ago, becoming the first Europeans to set foot in the Western World. Leif kept a record of his journey across the Atlantic, from Iceland to Greenland, and of his experiences whilst in Newfoundland, the last point of land on his voyage. Among his accounts, Leif told of seeing huge hairy men who towered over him and his Berzerker crew (and the vikings are known to have been large men). The "huge hairy men", according to Leif, lived in the Woods and had a rank odour and a deafening shriek. Apparently, Leif had several sightings of the "huge hairy men" before departing the island." 

http://www.gcbro.com/CAnf001.html

Some of the Native American Lore seems to be very old as well.

You have to be careful or you will confuse them with facts.  

I threw a rock and hit my hallucination.  My hallucination then left me bloodied and injured.  No lie.

The Native American lore when you dig deeply does not produce a flesh and blood creature.  It produces a spirit guardian.  Please find an example of ancient FNP having it be flesh and blood.  I couldn't and most scholars can't either.