Why Are You Convinced They Exist?

Why I Think Sasquatch Exists

(links removed)

Thanks Madison.... You just provided several nights worth of interesting reading.

I don't know if this is a good thing or not. :tomato:

Good luck! And it's not all inclusive, there's much more, this is just what I'd been working on with this thread in mind - and for my own information. I'd like to get it all into a binder someday and organize it all, complete with my own research.... and findings, when I have any :) Have fun!

SSR Team

Great post Madison..;)

The Ostman story isn't that outrageous when you are fully aware of this animals existence.

That is a concise and articulate argument. I am unmoved.

Really? You ought to reconsider.

http://www.iep.utm.edu/skepanci/

The term “skeptic†derives from a Greek noun, skepsis, which means examination, inquiry, consideration.

Which should include a healthy amount of doubt when performing any amount of examination or inquiry, or taking new facts into consideration.

Skepticism, and doubt, is normal and healthy.

That says nothing about doubt, but concludes that a true skeptic remains open-minded.

"Being open minded" is all fine and dandy, but at some point you have to draw a conclusion. My conclusion, after examining the facts, is that folk lore and oral traditions aren't trust worthy or reliable sources.

I guess we'll have to cancel our Bigfoot picnic.

Oh crud, just realized Jiggy did actually mention support for the Osterman story. Wow, that's quite a coinkydink. Please ignore my comments then.

Or even better, could a kind moderator just remove it all together??

Thanks!

you? or the comments?

zing! ;)

I guess the reason would be twofold.

One, I think legends are rooted in fact, and something that has been handed down for centuries, starting with the native population, has to be based on something. The stories are just too consistent. And even today, that many people can't all be making it up. Some of them, maybe a lot, maybe even most, OK, they could be making it up. But every one of them?

Second, and sort of a spinoff of the first, I guess, is I recognize that I don't necessarily have to see something to know it exists. I wouldn't call it faith, exactly, that's too ethereal. But, for example, I know great white sharks are real, but I've never seen one. I know atoms are real, but I've never "seen" one.

I guess we'll have to cancel our Bigfoot picnic.

I don't follow?

I guess the reason would be twofold.

Nice and simple, I like.

One, I think legends are rooted in fact, and something that has been handed down for centuries, starting with the native population, has to be based on something.

I think people are still buying into the Native American myths. The native Americans were not the peace loving people living "in harmony in the land" that people like to paint them as, they were actually quite violent and warred with each other quite a bit. As they conquered and was conquered in turn with each other they absorbed the language, myths and legends, customs, and culture of each other.

And even today, that many people can't all be making it up. Some of them, maybe a lot, maybe even most, OK, they could be making it up. But every one of them?

You can't spot the problem with this observation?

Edited by WV FOOTER
edit objectionable material

I think for me some of the audio recordings are the most compelling. Put on a set of earphones and close you eyes and it's almost like being there. Some of them are downright creepy. Now I know even audio can be controversial, but there are some that are extremely compelling and even though I'm no expert in animal sounds, putting the recodring in context with the witness experiance some of them "sound" pretty credible.

This is one of my favorites, the couple stuck in the middle of the night wit hthe broken down truck is good also.

http://www.youtube.c...c?feature=watch

Edited by Arrowhead

Admin

Bravo Madison. Excellent work, much appreciated.

I think for me some of the audio recordings are the most compelling. Put on a set of earphones and close you eyes and it's almost like being there. Some of them are downright creepy. Now I know even audio can be controversial, but there are some that are extremely compelling and even though I'm no expert in animal sounds, putting the recodring in context with the witness experiance some of them "sound" pretty credible.

This is one of my favorites, the couple stuck in the middle of the night wit hthe broken down truck is good also.

Arrowhead,

Thanks !!!!!

I was actually thinking about that "broken down truck, couple and dog video the other day..... but forgot what it was called.....That is seemingly compelling on so many levels....I felt worried for the couple and their dog.....Those people did not seem like they were in on a hoax video... I'll try and do some internet research on the video if possible to see if there are any red herrings....Because if not---that's some $%^& right there!!!!--

why do i think they exist?  James Randi and Co....joking....

Let me say I am not convinced but the 5-10 percent of me that says it is is very possible is fun to entertain..

(adding to above posts) Vocalization--The Sierra Sounds chatter is freaky and considering it was recorded in the early 70's...

Also--I wrote a highschool "thesis" paper ( i'd  hate to say how long ago) on the Squatch and the clubbed footprint was one of the items I detailed and listed as very interesting evidence....

Some of the best recorded sounds I've ever heard. I must have listened to this, easily, 100 times.

Guest GaryH

I've never seen one. I've never seen evidence of bigfoot's existence, but I honestly can't say they don't. There are stranger things that have been proven to be true. So, I'll just wait and see. I do enjoy reading and watching things about bigfoot.

I've never seen one. I've never seen evidence of bigfoot's existence, but I honestly can't say they don't. There are stranger things that have been proven to be true. So, I'll just wait and see. I do enjoy reading and watching things about bigfoot.