Sierra Sounds....yeah, Again.

Old Dog

Sierra Sounds  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Half of us would be dead if 'enough' of us owned guns.

'No proof' just means 'the evidence is live until either refuted or proven.'

SSR Team

^ If you want bigfoot to be proven, kill one and lets end this debate.

You should have reworded to be more accurate.

" I want to know if these things exist so can you kill one so we can end this debate "

I highly doubt if Sassy 1 ) Would want to kill one and 2 Has any real desire to prove their existence neither.

I may of course be wrong, but I doubt I am.

• Upvote 1

FT just curious, is that your opinion regarding hearing language they are not real or are you basing it on a fact?

Thanks,

KB

I have asked how it's believed that they picked up a human language, and never was given an answer. Either they somehow managed to pick up and then teach to the rest of their species multiple human language through sheer observation... which would be like trying to interpret, translate, and then become fluent in, and teach everyone else in the world, a dog bark, or somewhere along the line people taught them our language and they again were able to pick it up, become fluent in it, and then teach it to the rest of their population. It makes no sense to me.

If they are real, I'd bank on them possessing some type of language... it's just the idea that it's our language that seems utterly impossible to me.

Why do you think it's impossible? They may have been interacting with humans for hundreds of years.....kinda like they are now.

or perhaps  if there is a language it isn't our language at all, but their own.....if there is a language it doesn't mean it has to be one we use.

or perhaps  if there is a language it isn't our language at all, but their own.....if there is a language it doesn't mean it has to be one we use.

I'm referring to people who claim they speak Native American, or English, or Spanish, which are human inventions.

I am not familiar enough with the sounds to make an informed opinion, the couple of times i heard them on the bfro site I thought they sounded real interesting. What I do know is the unbelieveable ability of trained people to do incredible things in understanding sounds and patterns. I had a young man in my infantry squad who had last worked at the Presidio as a crypt linguist during the Cold War in the eighties before the fall of communism. He listened to intercepted Soviet transmissions IMC (international morse code) which were coded and written in Russian as well of course and sent in blisteringly fast bursts. And he could decode it, or much of it as it was sent. He could listen and write the message decoded and hand it to you. I thought this was impossible, but its not. He said it took tons of training and effort but eventually after he learned morse code, the Russian languages and others related to it, and coding and decoding principles and worked at it and worked at it incessantly he got better and better and usually could recognize the sounds themselves, like hearing and playing a blistering riff on a guitar or other instrument, you recognize the riff, and dont have to recognize each note individually. I can relate to that, that is true, I hear, remember and play music the same way. It took untold hours of practice and listenening and trying to be like that but I can listen to a new piece of music or something like a Van Halen guitar solo and play it right back as a piece, if you need the individual notes I can write those down or whatever but I dont hear the notes, I hear the total sounds. But my point is if Scott is like my man was, and he probably is, I wouldnt doubt that he could discern patterns of conscious speech in those sounds. And be correct about it. Humans are fascinatingly good at some things.

I worked with a man who migrated to America from Italy with his parents as a small child.  He learned an early understanding of English watching cartoons and films.  My dogs and cats have learned English commands and phrases from just repeated exposure.  So why is it so hard to believed over several hundred years watching us, that the Bigfoot can't pick up our spoken words??  I don't find that too incredible based on these other examples.....

FT, What Scott has said is they have their OWN unique language. I also know through discussions with a number of people that they have been around for a very long time and have indeed learned by watching humans from the periphery of our habitat. Native Americans from all over the US have stories that go back many thousands of years. Many even have them in their dances and it lends itself to thousands of years to learn some human speech and I happen to believe these are sentient beings. I have heard them on a few occasions and have been fortunate to hear the sounds similar to the sounds from the Sierra Sounds. Of course, my opinions and knowledge of them come from my own experiences and interaction with them, along with people who have shown me how to interact with them. I don't expect or would want folks to just believe anything the hear or read but, putting in time doing this and opening your mind to listening prior to closing your mind is the only way to progress toward really learning.  

KB

You have to model their vocal box before you can understand what they are actually communicating.  

Then how is it that we can understand what people are actually communicating when those without speech use an electronic voice box?

The entire vocal tract produces the acoustics that we hear and use to distinguish words. It should be possible to model that from the sounds theoreticly.

BFF Patron

I wonder how this changes (if at all) the mindset of you researchers out there and how you will approach BF with this new information. It seems that if the dynamic is changed from mere observation to actual "contact" (as Scott puts it) and verbal exchange, we might truly get more actionable data. In other words, tell them what you're doing, and why.......

Well I was one of those fortunates to hear, and on at least one or more occasions record chatter putatively from these beings.  It was before Scott Nelson came on the scene by several years.  So, he only confirms what I independently "discovered" and validated for me at least the majority of the Sierra Sounds recordings.  Much of the chatter I experienced and was lucky enough to record on an occasion or two was pre-sighting. 

As far as attempting to verbally communicate with them......  I remained mum the night of my sighting except to verbally acknowledge through a greeting that I heard them approaching the creek bank at which time I fell back from my position to a better viewing stand uphill of my initial position lower down.  Their response to my greeting was that they excitedly hit the creek bed running and scattering rocks upstream and downstream both.   My lack of vocal communication after that was a function of the extreme fear of having a close approach by multiples and not wanting to make any mistakes.  I actually had made a conscious decision to avoid eye contact, to avoid sudden movements and to remain as still as possible once I got to the "viewing stand". 

I have never talked to Scott Nelson or Ron Morehead, but I certainly could get into a heavy duty sharing session with them quite easily if ever I had the chance.  Yes, I think Sasquatch has a rudimentary personal language of some sort and think the Morehead and Nelson research is worthy of consideration and seems to be confirmatory of my personal experiences anyhow. 

I wonder how this changes (if at all) the mindset of you researchers out there and how you will approach BF with this new information. It seems that if the dynamic is changed from mere observation to actual "contact" (as Scott puts it) and verbal exchange, we might truly get more actionable data. In other words, tell them what you're doing, and why.......

Well I was one of those fortunates to hear, and on at least one or more occasions record chatter putatively from these beings.  It was before Scott Nelson came on the scene by several years.  So, he only confirms what I independently "discovered" and validated for me at least the majority of the Sierra Sounds recordings.  Much of the chatter I experienced and was lucky enough to record on an occasion or two was pre-sighting. 

As far as attempting to verbally communicate with them......  I remained mum the night of my sighting except to verbally acknowledge through a greeting that I heard them approaching the creek bank at which time I fell back from my position to a better viewing stand uphill of my initial position lower down.  Their response to my greeting was that they excitedly hit the creek bed running and scattering rocks upstream and downstream both.   My lack of vocal communication after that was a function of the extreme fear of having a close approach by multiples and not wanting to make any mistakes.  I actually had made a conscious decision to avoid eye contact, to avoid sudden movements and to remain as still as possible once I got to the "viewing stand". 

I have never talked to Scott Nelson or Ron Morehead, but I certainly could get into a heavy duty sharing session with them quite easily if ever I had the chance.  Yes, I think Sasquatch has a rudimentary personal language of some sort and think the Morehead and Nelson research is worthy of consideration and seems to be confirmatory of my personal experiences anyhow. 

Thanks for your response, Bipedalist. Fascinating stuff. Your fear was obviously understandable, but curious if you felt in danger during that encounter? Why would does a group of BF stop to "engage" instead of heading over the next ridge? It seems it either has to be for hostile intent, or for more passive contact born of curiosity, or?? A roundabout why of asking: why are they drawn to us? Perhaps a topic for another thread. Thanks again.