Viewpoint, Or Not?

Yuchi1

The NAWAC sample disappeared into a Lab in Canada never to be heard from again. And like any sample or specimen that tests human will do the same. Assumed hoax or illegal to possess.

Makes one wonder if Ketchum's hypothesis (hybrid human) had some traction to it after all.

I believe you're referring to two (2) separate incidents as my understanding is the vehicle was shot up during a night event and the "whatever" was shot subsequently during a daylight operation.

Personally, I do not condemn the pro-kill advocates but know they are travelling the wrong path however, to each his/her own.

Also, remember these events took place when the buzz was that Dr. Ketchum was on the cusp of ground-breaking news and the #!@* dude had allegedly shot a BF, so the impetus was to race and be there first with a body.

Desperate people do desperate things.

Not really....... Cuz the Ketchum/Smeja camp did not have a body.

And with Ketchum turning out to be bat poo crazy? The NAWAC was in the right to take that shot, and try to end the mystery.

And pro kill is the only real path to end the mystery....... I give DNA studies very little chance at cracking this thing.

Not really....... Cuz the Ketchum/Smeja camp did not have a body.

And with Ketchum turning out to be bat poo crazy? The NAWAC was in the right to take that shot, and try to end the mystery.

And pro kill is the only real path to end the mystery....... I give DNA studies very little chance at cracking this thing.

So, what (or, who) did they shoot?

If the DNA sample was confiscated because of human DNA match/characteristics, then, what/who are you guys really hunting?

Even with having hunting rights access to ~7500 acres of private land in LeFlore county (Kiamichi mountains) I recently decided to hunt (deer/turkey) elsewhere. Why? The mexican drug cartels have set up operations (marijuana & meth labs) all throughout the area as several have been busted in the past 3 years. Some of the guys captured were terrified as their families were being held hostage in Mexico by these drug lords and they feared they would then be killed by these people. It makes for a plausible case the NAWAC dude may have capped one of these guys.

Also, in the last few seasons while hunting on these lands, have observed absolutely no evidence whatsoever of UHS/BF activity (was being watchful for such while hunting) and IMO, it is attributed to the drug operations and UHS/BF hunters spraying lead at anything that moves as after all, who would want to live in such a neighborhood?

If the DNA sample was confiscated because of human DNA match/characteristics, then, what/who are you guys really hunting?

I think your assumptions / assertions are false.   a: So far as I know, no DNA was "confiscated".   The testing results aren't back.   There's a big difference.  b: In the past, some DNA testing was abandoned because the preliminary results suggested human contamination, but that was back in the days when the assumption that bigfoot was closer to the known great ape end of the spectrum than the human end of the spectrum.

But ... I may be misunderstanding what you're referring to.  Please clarify so it can be addressed point by point.

MIB

Even with having hunting rights access to ~7500 acres of private land in LeFlore county (Kiamichi mountains) I recently decided to hunt (deer/turkey) elsewhere. Why? The mexican drug cartels have set up operations (marijuana & meth labs) all throughout the area as several have been busted in the past 3 years. Some of the guys captured were terrified as their families were being held hostage in Mexico by these drug lords and they feared they would then be killed by these people. It makes for a plausible case the NAWAC dude may have capped one of these guys.

Also, in the last few seasons while hunting on these lands, have observed absolutely no evidence whatsoever of UHS/BF activity (was being watchful for such while hunting) and IMO, it is attributed to the drug operations and UHS/BF hunters spraying lead at anything that moves as after all, who would want to live in such a neighborhood?

So let me get this straight............ NAWAC shooter caps a dude, but dude limps off to die in a drug runner camp somewhere presumably else where in the mountains. NAWAC collects the blood sample of said dude and sends it off for analysis. DNA lab tests blood sample and 86's it because the blood sample is human? Why would they 86 the sample? People send in blood samples all the time!

Unless the NAWAC gave a back story with the sample............said "Hey we shot this, can you test it for us?" 

In which case? Instead of being 86'd the sample would have been turned over to the proper authorities and the NAWAC shooter would be charged with at least manslaughter...........

Why is real world common sense warped when it comes to Bigfootdom???? 

So everyone is telling me the government somehow got involved with the sample, and is flying black helos all over looking for drug runners, but they wouldn't give NAWAC a visit over a murder charge? 

Does anyone else see the gigantic hole in this story?

The simple matter is that if there is an unknown ape out there then the DNA studies would have turned it up. Paulides uncovered many results that showed human prior to the Ketchum study. It really shouldn't be so tough in this day and age to come up with the samples or find that unique DNA sequence that would show an uncatalogued ape.

Bigfoot enthusiasts aren't the only ones collecting samples either, so it seems to me that if bigfoot does exist, it must be masquerading as us to have hidden from us so well. It makes some sense for the samples that turn out human or assumed contaminated, and the fact that if they were human of some type, their found bodies would be handled differently than just some animal.

They are probably better off living their secret lives if we can't just accept them for what they are, and it's really just too bad that someone would have to commit murder to find this to be true with potentially not having control of the specimen once found to be human, and facing the delima of self disclosing murder or remaining silent with no evidence which would leave leave us all to bear this repeating scenario over and over again.

• Upvote 1

The litmus test for species for me is a simple question, would I marry Patty? Do I see her as a attractive mate?

Obviously not.

If we can map the Neanderthal and human genome and point out the differences there in? We do not have any good squatch DNA.

The litmus test for species for me is a simple question, would I marry Patty? Do I see her as a attractive mate?

Obviously not.

If we can map the Neanderthal and human genome and point out the differences there in? We do not have any good squatch DNA.

The real question is, would Patty marry you?

Not! She obviously has a cull factor!    ;)

I think your assumptions / assertions are false.   a: So far as I know, no DNA was "confiscated".   The testing results aren't back.   There's a big difference.  b: In the past, some DNA testing was abandoned because the preliminary results suggested human contamination, but that was back in the days when the assumption that bigfoot was closer to the known great ape end of the spectrum than the human end of the spectrum.

But ... I may be misunderstanding what you're referring to.  Please clarify so it can be addressed point by point.

MIB

My comments were made with respect to the verbiage in post #29.

Here is the link to the description of the NAWAC "Echo" incident we are discussing:

http://woodape.org/index.php/news/news/48-news/204

The referenced link is the party line "official" version and differs markedly from the original versions that were in circulation before everyone had the opportunity to regroup and frame out a unified position.

Also, Dr. Higgins pro-kill position statement on NAWAC also differs extremely from the one enunciated when he, Steve Summar, Harvey Pratt and I had lunch at Chileno's in OKC ~5 years ago.

Edited by Yuchi1

"The referenced link is the party line "official" version and differs markedly from the original versions that were in circulation before everyone had the opportunity to regroup and frame out a unified position."

Yuchi1: Do tell? In what sense did it differ?

The difference was the incidents were unrelated (timewise) and bullets were being sprayed all over the place by the operation's participants, many more than reported by the organization and that a competitor/rival organization was also in the area conducting similar operations, hence the apparent sense of urgency (to produce a body) by all concerned.

The above items were conveyed by individuals close (but not actual participants) to the situation and with working relationship(s) with landowners in said area. While not sworn affidavit type statements, IMO, probably closer to the truth of the matter than the polished up version that eventually surfaced.

Forget sworn affidavit-type statements...At this point it is nothing but hearsay from one participant in a forum verses an on-record statement by an organization, essentially suggesting that the official statement is false, a statement which some forum members stand behind.  I would be glad to hear the other side of the story, but I would think you need more than this before you come challenging the integrity of forum members.

• Upvote 1

Nitro,

One of the sources is a member of the medical field that owns property in the area referenced. As stated previously, the information wasn't rendered while being under oath, et. al. however, I personally place credibility with the source(s) and also recognize it's just my opinion as such, nothing more, nothing less.

However, in taking a look at the official statement, the shooter fired at a target, from behind w/o any apparent facial recognition of the target (by the shooter) to ascertain if said target was indeed what they were after and not someone in a suit (hoaxer) or simply a hunter in a ghillie suit of some fashion. The shooter also fired in rapid succession in more of a spray & pray M.O. instead of a carefully (or at least deliberate) aimed single shot designed to cleanly take down the target. Even the ammunition used (buckshot) was illegal for possession in the field (at that time) in Oklahoma. What would have been their response should LE have checked them?

It illustrates (from their own words) that a shoot protocol was not in place, instead, more of a shoot first, groundcheck it and ask questions later procedure was in play. IMO, totally unprofessional and with a reckless disregard for the health, safety and welfare of anything or anyone, just as long as we get the body, mindset. Taking that into consideration, the information conveyed (per my sources) takes on a much stronger evidentiary appearance.

Heck, even the blood sample was apparently mishandled/contaminated. Was there a chain of custody in effect?

Again, no personal attack on anyone is intended, however, the evidence appears to indicate there certainly was a "cowboy" mentality in the mix.

IMO, if you're going to go to all the expense, time and trouble to kill one, at least consider employing common sense, basic decency and some semblance of professional acumen in the endeavor.  Don't they at least owe that much to the UHS/BF they so desperately seek to kill?

Finally, while "Wood Ape" might be a convenient wordsmithing technique to help validate the operation, it smacks a bit of arrogance/ignorance to label something as such when in fact, they really don't know what they're after, in the first place. Might make for a bit of a sticky wicket should they be successful and when the DNA analysis comes back?

Edited by Yuchi1