Sykes Book Defending The Notion Of Relic Hominids?

Lake County Bigfooot

Right.  IMHO the two interesting things were the Zana DNA and the results on a hair provided by Henner Fahrenbach.   Most of the rest of the book was a rehash of historical cases ... Muchalat Harry, Albert Ostman, Ape canyon, Shipton track photo, etc which any serious bigfoot aficionado has read in at least 20 other books. 

His hypothetical peer review, what he says he would have written if he had been asked to review, for Ketchum's paper was pretty insightful though it will probably incite her apologists.

Sykes' writing style is engaging ... though there wasn't much new it was a good read.

MIB

Well what I have read of it points to a very significant discovery. Zana, by Sykes description, is a sub species of human, an ancient strain of west african that existed 100,000 years or so ago and was not thought to persist to modern times.

Does Sykes actually say this LCB? Can this be quoted from the book?

Guest lightheart

I have read this information in several reviews though I have not read the book itself. I believe it is significant.....that they did indeed persist into modern times from 100,000 years ago which is proven by the Dna and that she was capable of producing children with modern human males. IMHO this could be considered at least an important first step.

Edited by lightheart

Southernyahoo, it is the conclusion one reaches when reading the chapter on Zana, he felt himself that it was a ground breaking

discovery.

Guest ksu4

Southernyahoo, it is the conclusion one reaches when reading the chapter on Zana, he felt himself that it was a ground breaking

discovery.

He also found an extinct polar bear. Or maybe not. Like anything, replicating the results will be key.

Well what I have read of it points to a very significant discovery. Zana, by Sykes description, is a sub species of human, an ancient strain of west african that existed 100,000 years or so ago and was not thought to persist to modern times. She by all descriptions fit the bill for an Almasty. She was covered in redish brown hair excepting the breast and buttox, exhibited super human strength, refused clothing, slept naked in a hole she dug outdoors, never spoke any language, nor did she copy any language, stood 6' 6" and could lift a bushel of potatoes or grain with no strain whatsoever, hold it out in front of her without the slightest bit of shaking, swim a raging river after a winter thaw, out run horses, this is not you modern human by any stretch, but yet give birth to children of a modern human father, none

of which were as robust as Zana, but they still possessed some of those traits.  Her son Quits skull was measured and fell outside the homo sapien range, and by

back tracking her descendants DNA Sykes could determine her west african origins. I am still reading the book so pardon my lack of depth here, I will return with

more concerning the matter.

Hello, Lake County.  I very much appreciate your recap and I look forward to any further reviews you may have on Sykes' book.

Edited by jayjeti

discovery.

I remember him speaking about it on the documentary show they put out with the sub-saharan result, but felt he was downplaying it a bit at that point in time.

If Zana and others like her were living in Russia all this time, it would not surprise me one bit.  Sykes claims her dna showed Sub Saharan.  She did not act like a modern human so even if she was say "stolen"? from Africa it surely did not happen in the last couple thousand years IMO.  She acted very primitive and her son Kwit was just as strange but in different ways than her.  What makes more sense to me is that her family had been in Russia for all this time and became just as elusive as the hairy people in this country. Read the results of the test.  I have only one other thing to say about Sykes' experience here in the PNW and that is, if he heard noises and thumping coming from the ground, this is not news to some of us.  It happens.....

It is one in a list of things that point to the persistence of relic hominids to this day, we have several different species apparently by

all accounts of the Orang Pendek, the Almasty, the Yeren, Yowie, and Yeti, Sasquatch, Mande Barung, all creatures that have adapted

bipedalism, resemble ancient humans in some fashion. If this were simply a delusion of the human psyche, we would not have such

diversity and specificity regarding each type of creature and it's behavior, all of which points to ancient primates or ancient humans

as a possible origin for these creatures. In my opinion this is de facto truth, not speculation.

We may not have all the goods in hand, but we know they exist by the preponderance of the evidence, which is the sensible conclusion

IMHO. Not all of you agree, but no matter. You cannot convince all people that man landed on the moon, none the less it remains a fact

as any other, nor can we convince all people that there are such creatures, but it is indeed a fact born out by history and our modern

investigation and the gathering swell of scientific support.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project says, "PUBLICATION PHASE
Results from DNA analysis will be prepared for publication in a peer-reviewed
science journal. No results will be released until any embargoes on publication
have passed."

Small concern re: Sykes' book: was there a related, peer-reviewed, science paper?

If there was, he should be getting more respect from the media & cheers from his peers.

Discovering a new human species is a huge deal. The lack of response to it is ... strange.

BFF Patron

Seems we wait for the science first and not the drama as I recall ^

To date Sykes has promised us nothing except he likes making money selling books.  

Unless I missed something, Sykes did not discover a new species of human.  He discovered  Sub-saharan African DNA in Russia and has theorized that it's possible that it is due to a relict population of ancient humans.

I never learned biology, so my questions may be expressed badly.

I'm thinking of Zana as homo but not sapiens. I found a list of 6 other homo species,
thought to be extinct. If Zana was one of those, seems likely her race still survives. 

I don't have Sykes' book to read. Does he name Zana's species?

Was his paper on it peer reviewed?  I have searched and found no information about that.