Houston, We Have A Bigfoot

Cotter

I had to turn it off. They did nothing to explain the discrepancies. They whined a lot, tried to place blame everywhere outside of themselves, and played the victim card over and over. It was pathetic, IMO.

SSR Team

Thanks Explorer.

Edit : PS : I know I owe you an email.

Edited by BobbyO

Cisco,

I agree with you assessments but wanted to add another comment.

I felt that in that show they also acted in an unprofessional manner by questioning the integrity of Rene Dahinden and Will Jevning.

The purpose of the show was supposed to be to clear the air and explain the holes in their story and not to challenge the integrity of Dahinden or question Jevning's claims.

The tact they took was not only diversionary but also distasteful, and I lost total confidence in any of their claims.

Explorer, I had forgotten about this and I'm glad you brought it up.

They spent an hour telling listeners "how much it hurt" to read and hear the accusations. In the same breath, they then rip into other researchers. One minute they're condemning the critics and and how "personal" their attacks have been and the next minute, they're calling Rene Dahinden a "scum bag." They literally called him a "scum bag."

This kind of duplicitous behavior really caused me to lose respect for these guys. I don't know if they're lying or telling the truth but the more they say on the matter, the less I believe them.

Guest HarryLime

Near the beginning of Episode 87, Wes brings up inconsistencies in Jevning's 2 encounters as a means to try and defend his own. In my opinion, this came off as really passive-aggressive and defensive.

The whole show has this kind of vibe to it and did nothing in the way of helping to support their story. Just a bad idea in general.

Count on it being a hoax.  Next follow the money.

Yes, so EVERY author and anyone who makes money off an BF website is lying JUST to make money, oh wait what about THIS website???

GREAT LOGIC!

I don't think every for profit Bigfoot enterprise is lying or hoaxing. I do think it provides an incentive to do so. Also, you have to consider the amount of influence or control that an individual or organization has.

This website is a "forum" open to the sharing of ideas and that's the purpose of the whole enterprise.

However, a website like Sasquatch Chronicles, has complete control over what's said and who says it. This is why their content tends to be sensationalistic in nature. That's the niche they have gone after. If you listen to their show, they focus on the "dangerous Bigfoot" type of encounters and not the run of the mill type of reports that describe one crossing the road.

When it comes to marketing products, sex sells. When it comes to marketing Bigfoot, danger sells.

Yes- The Premium section. Even more Bigfoot

@Terry and Crow - do you think that all money making enterprises are lying?

If not, why just the BF enterprise?  Is there no room for money and research?

Guest Crowlogic

@Terry and Crow - do you think that all money making enterprises are lying?

If not, why just the BF enterprise?  Is there no room for money and research?

Yes until proven otherwise the fabrication of evidence is the likely MO.  The one possible exception is Finding Bigfoot which manages to go on never directly presenting their own evidence but reviewing other peoples evidence for better or for worse.  By doing it this way they absolve themselves from the burden of proof since they are only offering opinions about other peoples evidence.  A very clever position to maintain.  Although this forum has a paying membership faction the forum in and of itself is not a fact/evidence generator.  The list of fake bigfoot cons that have made money is a long one.  But Todd Standing is the current poster boy that sums the situation up best.  There will be others for sure.

I wouldn't say crawling Bonehead, but in the number of reports, Texas is at or near number 5 in the rankings.

The far west and south portions of the state do have the open flat or rocky land, cactus, tumble weeds and what some outsiders consider the state is comprised of. Sadly, most folks are not aware of the deep piney woods and swamps of East Texas. Huge areas of thick undeveloped land just as remote as the Pacific Northwest with thick underbrush, rolling hills and a great place to hide out for the Big Guys.

• 2 weeks later...

In my limited experience, Texas seems to have a lot of activity.  You won’t find much in Pecos, but the North, Central, and East portions all have reports.  There are also some in the South and Coastal plains brush.  The East seems to be really active.  Large swaths of East Texas are no different from the swamps and deep forests of Arkansas and Louisiana. 

I’m a little concerned that things might have gotten harder for squatchers in the area though.  After the person contacted half the law enforcement agencies in East Texas checking on Bob Garrett’s story, it sounds like they are universally on the look out for heavily armed Bigfoot hunters.  This doesn’t bode well for future research IMHO.