How Much $$$ Has Been Invested In Bigfoot Research?

Martin

Thanks for clearing that up Hairyman.

As for the Franzoni claim of $5,000,000 he was on Byrnes board for the project.

Edited by Martin

Show me how much money has been devoted to the kind of boots-on-ground research NAWAC is doing...and Patterson and Gimlin did.  Other than their personal funds and time off.

Virtually zero; and none of the other money matters one way or another, any more than if you gave me a million bucks to study Pluto and I spent it on Mallomars.

Guest Crowlogic

The NAWAC has never received a dime from Wally - where in the world did you even get that? There isn't even a rumor of Wally being involved with us.  If Wally had given us $250,000 - we'd already be done with the deed. But as it sits, we scrape by with member dues and an occasional donation of very little.

The Falcon project never got any money hence why it folded. Where in the world did you get a figure of $400,000 for Meldrum?

Wally gave equipment to the BFRO - the cash went solely to Matt Moneymaker (and there is no way to know that total, so don't even bother).  I know Wally bought the film rights to the "Squeeky" film, funded Melba's failed work, and supported Matt Moneymaker and the Olympic Project.

Adrian Erickson spent money on the Pancake video/property (again associated with Matt Moneymaker).

There is very little "money" going to serious researchers and groups.  Most, if not all, goes to very few individuals. 

To me, this thread is pointless.  There is simply no way to know the who's and/or the amounts -  it will all be unfounded rumors.  If people want to list amounts and who the donator was and to whom it went, it needs to be properly cited to source.

Actually the thread is valuable and as I frequently point out just follow the money.  If there was no $5,000,000 given to Bryne than the site posting the interview and the interviewee are bogus and should be exposed as such.  But it is also indicative of bigfootism in general it is largely a smoke and mirrors operation where claims and counter claims are the standard fare.  But if there is truth to it it's a very telling and sobering indication of true state of affairs.

Guest ChasingRabbits

1) Obviously I'm curious.

I really have no idea. But I suspect it has been in the 10s of millions.

2) People always claimed that there has been no real investment in research. I want to know the truth.

In terms of grant money, I don't know, but if the amounts being quoted on the thread are true, then that is in line with grants for medical research and other science research.

In terms of personal money spent, I would guess it's in the millions considering the number of Big Foot researchers and the monies they personally invest.

Should we only consider money devoted to those looking for BF? How about all the animal population surveys already done over the last couple centuries?

Well, just based on the money I see spent by the little group I belong to

I would say millions over the years

We don't spend a lot except in time, gas and such but we are only a group of 4

Yet we probably spend a couple hundred dollars a month

If we are near the average, then combined the total would be huge

I know a member of the BFRO that was sporting $10,000 thermal camera

A not her researcher I know has spent thousands of dollars on equipment alone

^ Yeap $5,000,000 in 1993 

10's of millions have been spent on bigfoot research..... not even one high res. picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM_oVOg3hBk

Uhmmm. Probably more High res video and pictures floating around the net, only thing it would ever prove is that video is worthless, only a dead body(or 10) will please the careless public.

Edited by Xion Comrade
  • Upvote 1

Should we only consider money devoted to those looking for BF? How about all the animal population surveys already done over the last couple centuries?

None of the guys who saw a bigfoot on those surveys was dumb enough to tell anyone.

None of the guys who saw a bigfoot on those surveys was dumb enough to tell anyone.

But we don't know that anyone saw anything. Evidence that's kept a secret is not evidence in my book. Keeping it secret does nothing for the scientific world or for the person hiding it.

65  of my dollars went toward Munns'  book last summer.

Unless that's not BF research.

OK, that is *sixty-five* dollars on bigfoot research times...how many copies of that book have been sold?

(Given the degree of thinking I see going on...you coulda bought a whole print run there, Squatchy.  Step right up.)

Edited by DWA

But we don't know that anyone saw anything. Evidence that's kept a secret is not evidence in my book. Keeping it secret does nothing for the scientific world or for the person hiding it.

Which couldn't be more the point.  When it is clear the reception one's revelation will get from the world at large...one never finds out, does one.

Guest DTRobers

I suppose that most skeptics would answer "too much" but I do not see it that way.  Consider; there is either a sizable population of unclassified primate lurking

on the fringe of our civilization or there is a heretofore unrecognized penchant in our species to hallucinate encounters and produce thousands of photographs,

films, trackways and vocalization recordings.  I think that it is obvious that no one is getting rich off of these activities.  Therefore I think that it is probably worth

a financial outlay by those interested to try to figure out what the physical or psychological factors are behind this phenomenon.