So. What Happens When Sasquatch Is Proven, And We All Know The Skeptics Were Wrong All Along?

Guest DWA

I'd be happy to have been proven wrong and would eat all the crow that was served up.  Many of us who are skeptics and also hopeful that there is such an animal.

A better question would be, once this thing is proven and figured out, what are the paranormal/bigfoot is my friend and visits me folks going to do?  :-)

t.

^^^Probably the same thing the "moon landings were faked, you know that, right?" people are gonna do.  Or the "dinosaurs and humans shared the earth, you know that, right?" people.  Or the "all pro sports are rigged" people.

The ones I am worried about?  The "if we don't know about it today, it is not real" people.  So not a way to go through life.

Hello DWA,

I absolutely disagree with this. Read the IPCC's AR5 in it's entirety, go onto the NASA website, checkout the oceanographers, the geologists, the volcanologists, the chemists, the astrophysicists, the medical researchers, the quantum physicists, the glaciologists, the geophysicists, and all the rest and I think you'll find that the standards are excellent and the bars are set pretty darned high across the board.

Your pet Sasquatch peeve involving lazy scientists simply doesn't stand up. There are plenty of qualified and over qualified people in the woods and deep forests. If anything their activities and presence out there for the last 50 years is a feather in the caps of the so called "denialists".

Could be time for you to consider that there is a possibility the only answer if the creature exists is that the knowledge is being kept from you. I find it nearly impossible to imagine that none of the thousands and tens of thousands of scientists, professors, interns and students have nothing remarkable to share with the world. Focusing on a pile of anecdotal evidence is fine but the huge pile of people who study the forests and other habitats is much, much larger so I think a certain amount of reasonableness might be in order?

So VERY much PLUS this. I'm maxed out on plus votes but this is just perfect.

Only one problem with ^^^^^that:  alll of us know that there is zero incentive for any of those people to report anything they see hear or otherwise experience that might be sasquatch...and every disincentive possible.  Which means...they are irrelevant.

Not only that ...but new animals of the kind they *would* readily report, they are finding, almost every other week now.  Which tells me they aren't something to trust, when it comes to this.

I would assume it was another April Fool's joke and get on with my day.

I'll just leave this here

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/50874-wellhmmmm-what-have-we-here/

Thanks for posting this one Squatchy, so amazingly funny to read through that thread. The high hopes which were just CRUSHED and then the vitriol after the punchline was revealed is just textbook.

Those were good times.

Bodhi check your pm

nevermind i'm having issues sending messages 

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch

I mean that on this site alone there are a number of people that claim they "know" that sasquatch is................

Many of these versions contradict with one another

Lets just say a Patty like sasquatch is discovered and it is a primate

What do the knowers that claim that sasquatch is an ancient people or are paranormal or inter-dimensional then do

Many believers have opposing views of what sasquatch are, I suspect that if sasquatch are discovered a lot of knowers will be eating crow or be in complete denial

It is easy for the believers to throw rocks at skeptics, and gleefully image a day when they can scream I told you so

What they don't seem to imagine is a world where sasquatch are fundamentally different then what they believe, let alone that sasquatch doesn't exist

well stated!!

• Upvote 1

It's funny when someone how with cameras, mobile (cell) cameras, game/nightvision/infra red cameras and satellites that they should've been seen. If not all of those photos/videos are fake then they've been recorded, albeit not in great quality. These things seem to be good at evading people when they wish. Many other times people are frightened and don't have the presence of mind to go for their camera and take a photo. I just can't ignore all the eyewitness accounts and the consistent descriptions found in these reports. I'm obviously basing this on a 'hunch' or instinct rather than anything scientific but it's compelling nonetheless.

One thing I've wondered, don't nightvision/infrared cameras give off a very visible light to anything with night vision (both animals and cameras)? In which case perhaps the Sasquatch is adept at spotting them, especially when they're conspicuously strapped to a tree. I listened to a podcast on Sasquatch Chronicles the other night where this man described them being aware of cameras, actually avoiding their paths and even playing around with them. I think we give them too little credit whilst putting too much faith in our own technology. As for the person who mentioned Amazon/Google drones..the last time I checked they're not equipped for spotting wildlife... although there's The Falcon Project.

Guest Crowlogic

Hello DWA,

I absolutely disagree with this. Read the IPCC's AR5 in it's entirety, go onto the NASA website, checkout the oceanographers, the geologists, the volcanologists, the chemists, the astrophysicists, the medical researchers, the quantum physicists, the glaciologists, the geophysicists, and all the rest and I think you'll find that the standards are excellent and the bars are set pretty darned high across the board.

Your pet Sasquatch peeve involving lazy scientists simply doesn't stand up. There are plenty of qualified and over qualified people in the woods and deep forests. If anything their activities and presence out there for the last 50 years is a feather in the caps of the so called "denialists".

Could be time for you to consider that there is a possibility the only answer if the creature exists is that the knowledge is being kept from you. I find it nearly impossible to imagine that none of the thousands and tens of thousands of scientists, professors, interns and students have nothing remarkable to share with the world. Focusing on a pile of anecdotal evidence is fine but the huge pile of people who study the forests and other habitats is much, much larger so I think a certain amount of reasonableness might be in order?

I'll applaud this post as loudly as Bodhi has.  I've faced ridicule from proponents because the research that had me in the forest/wilderness was not directly animal oriented.  I don't know what to tell those people because any good researcher is going to be as fully observant as possible concerning the environment around them.  Part of my agenda was to also monitor wildlife and whether there were effects on wildlife being produced by the conditions we were studying.  So I had to make note of everything and anything coming and going to those water courses.  A good friend is a soil scientist and has spent extensive time in the PNW even in the very Forest Patterson shot his film.  We have talked bigfoot too.  However the proponents will be very quick to play down that a soil scientist and an environmental engineer are incapable of making proper observations in the field.  This is utter rubbish BTW.  I have to counter those condemnations and ask how many of the researchers out there are scientists now or having done scientific field research?  From what I've seen not too many.  So the proponent seems to have this idea that unless the human being in the forest is a dyed in the wool bigfooter they are incapable of making observations that might indicate bigfoot.  So at the end of the day whose observations am I going to trust?  I'll trust the observations of the person that has the kind of emotional detachment to make an accurate call on what's being observed.

I would never say such scientists are not keen observers. I would hope if they weren't fortunate enough to encounter something they also would continue to be open to something consistent with the experiences of thousands of others. If their lack of a similar experience leads them to conclude "impossible", I would want them to move aside for others who know science never says that, about anything for

which evidence exists.

Hello All,

.......Only one problem with ^^^^^that:  alll of us know that there is zero incentive for any of those people to report anything they see hear or otherwise experience that might be sasquatch...and every disincentive possible........

Just like that? dismiss everyone?. Not everyone out there in the woods is such a hardcore mercenary that if they saw an extant Woodape they would just keep it to themselves. I wasn't there when the PGF was recorded but when I first saw it, and even to this day, I have trouble getting my mind around it. It's that astounding to think about. Anyone sees something like that I honestly doubt they'd keep quiet about it. If anything they'd throw in the towel. Some hunters have been reported to do just that. 

I can just hear it now:

(Young man runs out of woods):

"Where are your soil samples?"

"Uh, I forgot 'em."

"Well, go back and get them."

" I ain't going back in there."

"Why not."

"Do you really want to know?"

BTW, this thread this is quickly turning into the same arguments that we've all read for years. We can stop now. Scientists are good. Period. Give them a body and you'll see just how good they really are. I think if BF is real then "they" already have a body. They're hiding it from you, DWA. And I'm really not kidding; I don't kid like that- ranking on the "lazy" scientists IMO is wood knocking the wrong tree.

Just my two rocks lobbed into the camp here.

@ Bodhi and Crowlogic,

Thank you for the kind words.

Edited by hiflier

I would high five everyone of you and buy the first 3 rounds at the Bluff Creek Bar and Grill.....

I would tell you you all have been so right and I can't believe I was so hard headed.

Now get busy.......

Why dont you get busy? We have skeptical members in Project Grendel that contribute greatly..........

Besides its fun and gets you off the couch and into the woods with friends.

• Upvote 1

Hello All,

Just like that? dismiss everyone?. Not everyone out there in the woods is such a hardcore mercenary that if they saw an extant Woodape they would just keep it to themselves. I wasn't there when the PGF was recorded but when I first saw it, and even to this day, I have trouble getting my mind around it. It's that astounding to think about. Anyone sees something like that I honestly doubt they'd keep quiet about it. If anything they'd throw in the towel. Some hunters have been reported to do just that. 

I can just hear it now:

(Young man runs out of woods):

"Where are your soil samples?"

"Uh, I forgot 'em."

"Well, go back and get them."

" I ain't going back in there."

"Why not."

"Do you really want to know?"

BTW, this thread this is quickly turning into the same arguments that we've all read for years. We can stop now. Scientists are good. Period. Give them a body and you'll see just how good they really are. I think if BF is real then "they" already have a body. They're hiding it from you, DWA. And I'm really not kidding; I don't kid like that- ranking on the "lazy" scientists IMO is wood knocking the wrong tree.

Just my two rocks lobbed into the camp here.

@ Bodhi and Crowlogic,

Thank you for the kind words.

The group that I belong to was contacted last year by the owner of a logging company

He asked us to investigate some issues that his men were having including his 2 best employees

He would bring us into camp and put us up while we investigated

However once there we had to stay a mimimum of 14 days as the boat only came in every 2 weeks

It just about killed the 3 of us, because it was summer and we couldn't get the time off of work

I really need to win the lottery

He/She says without even a hint of a ;) anywhere.

The ego's, man them ego's.

I am a man.  Just kidding. . I promise.

Why dont you get busy? We have skeptical members in Project Grendel that contribute greatly..........

Besides its fun and gets you off the couch and into the woods with friends.

No bigfoot where I live.

We do have stick formations, wood knocks, weird growling sounds and bumps in the night though..... maybe I'll leave some Zagnuts on the sidewalk.