Dr. H.a. Miller On Sasquatch

Guest 67Mopar

The Following was written by Dr. H.A. Miller

(Now deceased)

(Selected passages from the original post.) (Comments.)

They are highly intelligent primates. 
A dead certain fact.

The USFS is now working more toward creating protective wildlife refuges for Cebidatelidae.
Another dead certain fact.

…. the USFS and the DOI is recognizing now that the natural resource industry is not the economic center as it once was. So a final decision has been made to finalize the class 1 identification of the species. There is a 20 year plan to incorporate all wildlife protection areas throughout many areas of the United States to ensure federal land protection for Cebidatelidae starting with California, Colorado, Idaho, Oregon, Utah, and Washington. 
That has been in the works for many years. That program has now reached the Mississippi River, and possibly further east.  

Once all of the designated Cebidatelidae “Natural Areas†are open to the public, the DOI will announce the species as an endangered New World Primate. I am not sure if this will happen, and the Government Canyon State Natural Area will not be open to the public until 2005 and then expanded later in 2009, and then again in 2012. This will all happen long after I am dead I’m afraid.
Some of those "Natural Areas" in the S/SE are open to the public now. Some require permits to enter. No large caliber rifles and no shotgun ammo larger than duck shot. Daytime only, no calls of ANY kind allowed. 

The species is amazing, powerful, and deadly if angered. Like any animal, it will protect itself, its food source and its young at all cost. Artiodactyla are Cebidatelidaes’ primary food source. It is imperative that the federal government continue to designate “Natural Areasâ€. Otherwise, a scarce food resource available to Cebidatelidae will result in more opportunistic feeding behavior and closer interaction between Humans and Cebidatelidae. These creatures and human beings simply do not co-exist.

Some of the creatures are being forced into areas which have in recent years been  converted into residential subdivisions. Confrontations between the creatures and people have dramatically increased during the past sixty years, and it won't get any better. Such encounter reports are generally discounted and ignored by LEO's because they now have more on their plates than they can handle.

Whoever it was that wrote the original document under study, sure as heck knew a lot about what's going on within the DOI and DOA.

Here's a comment left at Bigfoot Ballyhoo by someone claiming to be Dr. Westler attempting to confirm H.A. Miller as someone who worked for the government, including the Department of the Interior (DOI). 

http://bigfootballyhoo.blogspot.com/2013/06/guest-editorblogger_25.html

http://bigfootballyhoo.blogspot.com

TUESDAY, JUNE 25, 2013 Additional Information from Dr. Westler

Dr. Westler has left a new comment on your post "Guest Editor:Blogger": 

Yes I think so. Dr Miller was one of four forensic doctors contracted by DOA-DOI. A. Harles Miller was Chief of pathology at Golden CO from 1956 to 1967. His name is listed in my directory as A Harles Miller MD/ME . His place of residence was Connecticut. As it states he was working in Golden at the time mentioned.

VERY LITTLE DOUBT THIS IS HIS COMPACTION OF NOTES TAKEN AT THE AUTOPSY in 62 and 63.

Edited by jayjeti

Thanks for posting this, 67Mopar. I was unaware of that document.  

And awesome find, Jayjeti! And great analysis, JDL! -- except for one little point we continue to disagree on, but which doesn't have much bearing on the discussion.   :) 

Good job, guys!

+1

And a couple observations.

The doctor identifies his place of birth as "New England."

That's a little vague.

The transcribed letter and the Yale photo both have the name as H.A. Miller,

but the blog comment offering corroboration from Dr. Westler has the first names reversed:

A. Harles Miller.

Seems odd and muddies things a bit more.

Not challenging you here, Roguefoot.  Just asking for a source to back up your statement.  I would either like to confirm that H.A. Miller had the career and education described, or that Linda Newton Perry is a hoaxer.

I can confirm the last.   L-N-P is indeed a proven hoaxer.    She was the creator of the Sru Lake hype.   At least one of the people who she claimed as her source / a member of her "team" did not exist and the picture of him she was providing was a picture of someone else who was identified, located, and was was able to confirm the location the specific picture was taken.   He was very shocked to find out his image was a star in a bigfoot hoax.

Sru Lake is basically in my back yard, or at least my old back yard, and I've spent many hours there, and literally years within 10 miles or less.  We knew it by a different name back then, changed for political correctness.   Once the connection between the old and new names was apparent,  I did my own followup investigation in person.   There was zero evidence to support her claims.  There was also zero evidence that could have been interpreted as supporting a coverup of what she claimed.  

It's bad.  It's as bad as it gets in the BF world which is pretty darn bad.

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 3

BFF Patron

Thanks for posting this, 67Mopar. I was unaware of that document.  

And awesome find, Jayjeti! And great analysis, JDL! -- except for one little point we continue to disagree on, but which doesn't have much bearing on the discussion.   :) 

Good job, guys!

+1

And a couple observations.

The doctor identifies his place of birth as "New England."

That's a little vague.

The transcribed letter and the Yale photo both have the name as H.A. Miller,

but the blog comment offering corroboration from Dr. Westler has the first names reversed:

A. Harles Miller.

Seems odd and muddies things a bit more.

If he is real it should be easy to look him up or his family genealogically. http://www.familysearch.org

http://library.nehgs.org/

@MIB, yep, scraping bottom for sure

Edited by bipedalist

National security?  Why were the creatures secret agents or did they possess special knowledge about the US foreign policy?  The conspiracy angle is one of the shallow arguments proponents us to excuse bigfoot from never being confirmed.  There isn't a single thing that a big ape could possess that would send any country into a tailspin.  Even the gorilla was discovered back in far more conservative times of even stricter concepts about man's place in the world it didn't cause a panic.  Bigfooters need to get a grip on the lack of social/political importance bigfoot has on things.  

There have been four or five topics on government suppression of bigfoot from the public.

1.  Though I perceive the government as less than fully competent, I do not perceive them as so incompetent that they have no knowledge of bigfoot whatsoever..

2.  Suppression of things bigfoot need not be a matter of national security, but more accurately a matter of national social stability.

3.  Any such suppression today must be viewed through the filter of governmental attitudes of prior generations, with practices, if not policies, that persist into today.

4.  If they knew about bigfoot in the late 1800's, up until WWII, then the Powell Doctrine would likely have been in force.  Don't empower or acknowledge any "tribe" to the point that it might be perceived to have a legal claim on national lands.  Giants were perceived back then to have roots in certain historical writings, and might thus have been "grandfathered" based on the dominant social structure of the times.

5.  From WWII on, everything anomalous was viewed with great suspicion, and the Soviets were known to be attempting to create human/ape hybrids, so national security may have crept into consideration.

6.  At this point, government suppression is likely just pragmatic.

First, the species is predatory.

Second, though likely uncommon, there is persistent indication that they species can be aggressive when threatened, and that some individuals may well prey on humans on occasion.

Third, there is no way that the government can contain the species.

Fourth, public knowledge would lead to public demands regarding the rights and treatment of the species on one hand and its containment for public protection reasons on the other.  Every family that ever lost a child or other family member in the woods would be all over the government about this.

Fifth, it would eventually come out that the government has been aware of them for generations, resulting in outrage on both sides of the spectrum.

Sixth, no government agency currently has the capability to successfully protect either bigfoot as a species, or humans who come into contact with bigfoot.

Seventh, no governmental manager at any level wants to deal with it so long as suppression of general public knowledge and resultant demands are successful.

From my perspective, with the current focus on environmental issues, one would think that bigfoot would be embraced as a means to further environmental agendas.  Despite that, I believe that the downsides must be perceived by government to heavily outweigh the upsides of disclosure.

Given the opportunity to report one encounter up the chain while serving as an officer at Fort Lewis, I certainly chose not to do so, simply because of the headaches it would have caused me.

Actually, reading the report it was primarily 50's and 60's when the bodies were examined.  The report says H.A. Miller graduated from Yale in 1930.  There is an H.A. Miller in this 1930 Yale photo.

FES-Class-of-1930-browser.jpg?1333986476

Thank you, jayjeti, I was going to suggest that there was sufficient information in the account to track down H.A. Miller based on his college record as described.  But I was too lazy to do so.  I wonder if his degrees can be verified along with his medical residency.

Can his college record be verified as described? Well, yes they can as much as yours and mine! But exactly what difference does that make when people see even  that as fake and a hoax? It's college records are real and authentic as long as it doesn't relate to this topic, and the warning he mentions in the last paragraph of that document ...  

Guest Crowlogic

There is a site at Harvard where you can pull up medical school classes from the early 40's, but you need a Harvard access code to view legible copies of the photos.

^^^^If one is new to the bigfoot issue there are lots and lots of possibly good reasons for the total lack of proof or even solid evidence.  Government  cover up is one of the cornerstones of such belief.  Spend a few decades observing the mythology and the proponent reasoning takes on the air of self delusion.

There you go again, describing something as mythology as if it were fact when it is only your opinion.

Crow what would it be like for you if you happened to have a face to face encounter tomorrow, but could provide no evidence other than your own testimony?

If I had a face to face encounter I'd either be hallucinating or being tricked.  If I wasn't a known unbeliever I could come here and share my sighting.  Assuming I didn't start babbling about portals and the basic elements were within the norm I'd be welcomed into the club.  

If bigfoot isn't a mythology what then is it since it has no tangible elements to pin reality to?  If a body ever arrives and it's as confirmed as chimp and gorilla then we can talk about removing the myth factor.

Thanks Bonehead for the page showing that Linda Newton-Perry, a fiction writer, has posted a number of hoaxes at Bigfoot Ballyhoo.  http://squatchdetective.weebly.com/hall-of-shame---bigfoot-ballyhoo--linda-newton-perry.html  This one should be viewed with a grain of salt as well given it has no firm authentication.

Jay,

It's a very interesting bit of writing, I'll admit. I enjoyed reading it, but the association with LNP spoils it for me. That's a big problem with the hoaxers and liars in this field (or any field, for that matter). Prove yourself mendacious, and even if you later produce or discover something (potentially) legit, that evidence is going to be seen as tainted and untrustworthy.

Edited by Bonehead74
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Bonehead for the page showing that Linda Newton-Perry, a fiction writer, has posted a number of hoaxes at Bigfoot Ballyhoo.  http://squatchdetective.weebly.com/hall-of-shame---bigfoot-ballyhoo--linda-newton-perry.html  This one should be viewed with a grain of salt as well given it has no firm authentication.

Jay,

It's a very interesting bit of writing, I'll admit. I enjoyed reading it, but the association with LNP spoils it for me. That's a big problem with the hoaxers and liars in this field (or any field, for that matter). Prove yourself mendacious, and even if you later produce or discover something (potentially) legit, that evidence is going to be seen as tainted and untrustworthy.

Agreed Bonehead,  it's possible for someone who has hoaxed before to be sent something real which they post, but when your reputation is tainted you need some good corroborating evidence to go with it.  She does make videos possibly retelling some real accounts at Bigfoot Ballyhoo, but for this extraordinary document in particular its a shame she is the source.

• Upvote 1

A story like this would not go unnoticed. A discovery like this would have garnered the attention of many other reserchers, newspapers, and other interested parties. About a third of the article talks about the guy's credentials as if the writer is trying to build their case, which threw up a red flag by that point. A story like this would be as big as NASA announcing they discovered life on Mars. No way would a scientific discovery like this go unnoticed or be able to remain secret. It has to be a hoax story.