2016 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Guest Admin

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

The next phase would be to identify habitats, ecological niches, and home ranges.

Migration, social behavior and grouping, mating strategies, etc.

There are plenty of ways to advance the science minus a new video or a body proper.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

The only problem with the 'Science of bigfoot' is that it's not progressing fast enough for some people. Sightings are still being made, tracks are still being cast, research about the nests is continuing, bone impression research is also continuing, numbers are still being crunched, etc. Things may not be brought to this forum or elsewhere on the internet because of denialists animosity every time new evidence is mentioned. People are still learning and hopefully documenting things about sasquatch.

Basing the whole idea that the science of bigfoot is wrapped up in just a couple of once in a lifetime films is absurd. (Aren't we about due for another film? ;) ) Bring in a body. That may change the science of bigfoot overnight... Then again maybe not. Because that event will have its own hurdles to overcome.

One thing I do agree about is falsely assuming our technology is going to solve the problem. It is simply tools... Okay you located one. What is your endgame? What are you going to do about it now? I know Norseman's answer to that. But for many it just seems to be to have an experience.

• Upvote 2

One thing I do agree about is falsely assuming our technology is going to solve the problem. It is simply tools... Okay you located one. What is your endgame? What are you going to do about it now? I know Norseman's answer to that. But for many it just seems to be to have an experience.Technology helps to gather evidence.

BTW,

The study of the evidence brings understanding of the phenomenon. That may not bring proof, but understanding of why there's not any proof. Proof itself might be as destructive as it is constructive where Bigfoot is concerned.

My end game is probably just to enlighten a few people with evidence.

Edited by southernyahoo
  • Upvote 3

My endgame is not carved in stone.

If they are what I suspect they are, best guess, then proving is highly unlikely.   I will talk to a few people.   A small number are BFF members.   Most are not.   If they are something other than what I expect, then depending on specifically what they are, all choices are possible.

The only things I promise are I will do the right thing **as I see it** when I have enough information to make an informed choice from and I will not make any decisions in a vacuum, I will understand first and choose second.  

MIB

• Upvote 1

Southernyahoo and MIB, thoughtful answers from both of you.

I will continue in the same direction with our research with the goal to publish. It is only one facet of the puzzle of sasquatch. As Cryptic Megafauna stated in the post above my last one; there are many pieces to this puzzle that can and are being studied. If or when discovery becomes reality, a large portion of the picture of these creatures will have already been painted.

Currently citizen science is our best resource until professional science becomes more interested.

The study of the evidence brings understanding of the phenomenon. That may not bring proof, but understanding of why there's not any proof. Proof itself might be as destructive as it is constructive where Bigfoot is concerned.

I agree with all that. Also that people are just not patient enough, and I'd include some known researchers in that category.

Anyway, thought I'd drop off a video illustrating how BF science hasn't stalled at all. It's moving right along, and this interesting guy says anyone can do it. Who knew? LOL. He's gotten some great insights in just a few years from the sound of it. I haven't watched all his videos, but what I've seen is cool stuff. This one is long, but it's not boring. Lots of stuff about tree manipulation for those interested. Spoiler alert: toward the end after about an hour into it, he has a very interesting walk out in the dusk. Even his ambivalence about what's happening around him is cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7chZCZLRnI

Interesting video JKH. I'll have to watch some more of his. As far as BF science stalling, it's what I've been saying all along... It hasn't. People have simply lost patience.

It's funny. My research partner used YouTube to present some of his experiences. Got all kinds of flak for it. I noticed this guy also has crowd funding going on as my associate tried and got flak for that as well. It's all based on personal preferences and the entertainment factor. I guess some people are just better at entertaining than others. If people don't like you, you simply get shot down. That is the state of sasquatch science.

I can and have been presenting evidence. Maybe my mistake is not presenting it on Youtube. ;) But proof is in the eyes of the beholder.

I agree, BigTW. Presenting evidence on YT is not something I'd care to do, but I admire those who have the time and energy. Some stuff on there is premature and unorganized, but maybe still of value, unfortunately some people get too worked up over it. Gotta have thick skin, same with the social media stuff, which I'm not down with at all. I assume that's what you mean by flak. Life is too short for that, IMO. Your evidence is cool, as is many others'. That is science in action.

I thought the end of the vid was so real, how he talks to his dogs and seems to talk to the big guys. Did I hear him say, "I don't want to hear your wood knocks" and "don't surround me", now that's just funny. Cheers!

Thanks JKH. Thick skin is right. There are some who have left here because they didn't want to or didn't have the time to deal with it. It would have been great to have their occasional input. But that's how it goes sometimes.

I thought the end of the vid was so real, how he talks to his dogs and seems to talk to the big guys. Did I hear him say, "I don't want to hear your wood knocks" and "don't surround me", now that's just funny. Cheers!

He's totally freaked... "just saw eyeshine, but I don't care... I don't care". Yes very interesting right at the end. ;)

It's kind of ironic. He talks about silent camping sometime, while talking the whole time. If I ever did videos they wouldn't be very interesting, especially if I was alone. Because I couldn't carry on a steady diatribe out in the woods. Quiet is the norm for a day in the woods with me. Not because I'm trying to specifically sneak up on anything but because I like to listen to what is around me.

The video was certainly interesting, the dogs did not seem the least bit scared, I wonder if he was over-reacting to something else given the past circumstances, or he has some really brave dogs. I like the information he presented and how he learned to track them. I will attempt that strategy later this year in my research. I have some areas on my way home from work that are very promising, river bottoms, that have power lines adjacent for miles and miles. Bottom land with a bunch of variety. I will have to start by recording later in the summer, right now to much other activity, but I might still give it a go. This area I am talking about is west of Oak Creek Wisconsin, rolling wooded farmland with nice bottoms, has had several historical sightings of both Sasquatch and yes, dogman. Yikes, not a pleasant thought.

Guest Crowlogic

That video is just the latest flavor.  In spite of the guys enthusiasm it'll go as nowhere as everybody elses.  No fellows do reply just yet  OK.   Give it a year then reply.  You can either roast me or thumbs up me for being accurate.  Hey I'll tell you what if I'm wrong next Memorial Day I'll have the Mods ban me from the forum.  Be patient you now have a shot of getting rid of a thorn in your side.

Guest Crowlogic

I agree with all that. Also that people are just not patient enough, and I'd include some known researchers in that category.

Not patient enough?  Who are you kidding?  Waited half a century isn't half a century long enough?

Not patient enough?  Who are you kidding?  Waited half a century isn't half a century long enough?

Nope.  Science takes as long as it takes.  You are transparent.  Apparently everyone sees you but yourself.  That is the bigfoot mirror!  You wimped out, now you try to discourage others so they don't succeed where you wimped out.  Sour grapes. 

Repeat: science takes as long as it takes

MIB

• Upvote 2

Guest Crowlogic

Nope.  Science takes as long as it takes.  You are transparent.  Apparently everyone sees you but yourself.  That is the bigfoot mirror!  You wimped out, now you try to discourage others so they don't succeed where you wimped out.  Sour grapes. 

Repeat: science takes as long as it takes

MIB

We made an atomic bomb in less than five years from scratch, we went to the moon in ten years,  It took less than four decades from the Wright Bros first flight to exceed the speed of sound.  The Mountain Gorilla BTW was essentially discovered by one of the first westerners to enter it's range.  Prior to that the natives knew it was there.  So German "diplomat" goes up mountain for the first time and bags two Mountain Gorillas case closed.  Sorry MIB bigfoot is a bit past being just plain overdue.