Active Bigfoot Hunters: What Has Been Your Success?

Squatchy McSquatch

There has been success?

Indeed.   To say otherwise is akin to saying anyone who jogs without winning an Olympic Gold medal failed.  

MIB

Success is  victory.  Begging your pardon,  No cigar friend. Anecdotes, ambigious films , controversial foot prints, campfire stories, paranormal  folklore, mistaken eyewitnesses ,hoaxes and misidentifications  are certainly not proof positive.  This humble scientist is  still waiting for a specimen to  evaluate. 

Guest Crowlogic

^^Being in the "hunt" and having suspicions of bigfoot activity and the typical proofs that seem to bear straw not bodies is not success any more than winning in a Soapbox Derby  turns the participant into a true Formula I driver.  Success does not have to be a body though.  It can be a proper video.  I happened onto this video which perhaps typifies the habber contigient.  As far as the content there is nothing in it that couldn't be orchestrated with nothing more than a video camera, woods and pen and pencil.  If I'm not mistaken the person who runs that channel is somewhat a high escholon bigfootie.  I does seem to reinforce the skeptic position that the bar is not set very high so I leave you the bigfoot research to explain  how high the bar is set .  

I'd like to introduce this thread as a medium for current hunters of the big guy to share their successes in the field. Proven strategies, anecdotes, anything field related.

Any photos, videos or comments are welcome. 

How bout ya Squatchy? Are you going to participate in your own thread? How would you define success and proven strategies? Does either of these have to result in proof to the world?

I'm wondering the same thing. Is this just a drive by on Squatchy's part? I want to know if he plans on going hunting for one. I keep telling him, he just ain't looking hard enough.

Only among the very gullible, unhinged and to the fantasy seekers.  A perfect example of if you try, you can always find people to believe anything you say.

t

If I'm not mistaken the person who runs that channel is somewhat a high escholon bigfootie.  

BFF Patron

I'd like to introduce this thread as a medium for current hunters of the big guy to share their successes in the field. Proven strategies, anecdotes, anything field related.

Any photos, videos or comments are welcome. 

How bout ya Squatchy? Are you going to participate in your own thread? How would you define success and proven strategies? Does either of these have to result in proof to the world?

I'm wondering the same thing. Is this just a drive by on Squatchy's part? I want to know if he plans on going hunting for one. I keep telling him, he just ain't looking hard enough.

Rockape:    Not likely to happen.     I have invited skeptics into the field with me and several others have as well and we get a blunt and quick turndown.     Although lately my area has gone cold and all that would do is reinforce their contention that nothing is out there to find.    I think the same factors that play into them not accepting footprint evidence,   anecdotal accounts,   and being unfamiliar with the literature are part of them not wanting actual exposure.    Additionally it would not serve them well to get to know a BF researcher personally because they might have to admit that person is not the nut job they now claim them to be.   Some of us, not me, are actually likeable.    They don't need to go into the field when they "know" that BF does not exist anyway.   

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

BFF Patron

I think BTW is using them.   

Cow elk calls. It was for elk hunting. We did get a response, but it wasn't an elk. It saw us first and left the area after two loud knocks. :)

BFF Patron

In my first contact more than one knock,   there were 4, I interpreted to be a warning to the other BF of danger.    (me)    Two of them were traveling together up a creek bed.       I would guess that more than one BF was investigating your elk calls, one saw it was you instead of an elk, and it did the two knocks to warn the other BF.    People running around knocking on trees could very well be warning other BF to stay away.    Not exactly what you want to happen if you are trying to have BF contact.  

Whether they know and accept this, or not, and many don't:  if you have seen a bigfoot, there is your success.  You know they are real; and what the ignorant think should matter nothing to you.

In my first contact more than one knock,   there were 4, I interpreted to be a warning to the other BF of danger.    (me)    Two of them were traveling together up a creek bed.       I would guess that more than one BF was investigating your elk calls, one saw it was you instead of an elk, and it did the two knocks to warn the other BF.    People running around knocking on trees could very well be warning other BF to stay away.    Not exactly what you want to happen if you are trying to have BF contact.

Well if it wasn't an elk. Not sure what it could have been. But we know it wasn't people. There was nowhere for them to go without making more noise. Whatever it was left the area in total silence. Which we both found it hard to believe if it was an elk, because they make a lot of noise when they go through the brush. Which is why we thought it was an elk in the first place. If they do go quiet it's because they ran off noisily and are then standing still watching their back trail.

The only problem with that is it had to exit first to hide. It was wide open old growth but for the little screen of trees between us. Only place to go was 60 yards from where it was standing. We went right through there to continue our hunt.

I hunt elk by listening. That's how I locate them. Then I approach as close as I can downwind. If I can't locate them I use a cow call. I've followed animals I've spooked parallel for a quarter mile. That's why this was different. Total silence immediately after the knocks.