Active Proponents Do You Really Think Bigfoot Is Practically Everywhere?

Guest Crowlogic

They have legs and feet and two arms and I am sure that they can out run a horse and that's fast.

How can you know this? Let me guess: They go into their "4x4" mode and outrun horses? Amazing. Boy, these creatures are gifted with some amazing attributes.

How can you know this? Let me guess: They go into their "4x4" mode and outrun horses? Amazing. Boy, these creatures are gifted with some amazing attributes.

What about bears they are fast too and they are real, Right ! So do not mock the idea of how gifted they are. I can only dream to be able to live like them, with no borders and have the freedom that they have. So yes they do have some amazing attributes that we have not even been able to learn. It is amazing how fast it is to discount some thing that other animals are capable of performing these same acts as these creatures are. But then again this is expected by skeptics and should be accepted in order to further the knowledge of this creatures existence.

Define portal

A doorway ,Gate to a large building.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/portal

Did this help. :)

BFF Patron

They have legs and feet and two arms and I am sure that they can out run a horse and that's fast.

Heck hippos can outrun Usain Bolt in topspeed........   BF chasing down cop cars, not a problem. 

Pffffssstttt.

I watched the six million dollar man as a kid! Bigfoot is bionic! He can do anything!

Or was that planet of the apes?

Guest Crowlogic

There's a report of an alpha male bigfoot actually outpacing a passenger jet during takeoff.  Jets get into the air at approx 165 MPH.  Yeah bigfoot is the fastest living land animal on earth.

I've seen one do a half-run shuffle, and he was really covering some ground fast.  I feel confident that one of these things would have no trouble running down the a 4.3/40 NFL wide receiver or running back.

We think of human sprinters being lanky, and it's hard to picture some of these massive things being able to move quickly, but they're apparently all muscle, and of course they have a stride unlike humans.

The stride of an average 5'7" sprinter is right at 7.5' at speed, with 4.2 strides taken per second, resulting in a top speed of 21 mph.  A world class sprinter takes right at an 8' stride, and 4.9 strides per second, for a maximum of 27 mph.

If one simply extrapolates these variables to an eight foot BF, if one sizes up the 5'7" sprinter at 4.2 strides per second, the top speed of the BF would be 31 mph.

If one extrapolates the stride and 4.9 strides per second of a world class sprinter, the BF now has a top speed of 36 mph.

The problem with simple extrapolation is that (measurements taken per the PG film,) the length of the thighs are different, the length of the calves are different, and of course the ankles and knees are somehow hinged differently.  Which may provide a 10%  to 15% difference plus or minus.  

Other mathematical extrapolations of leg mass ratios, leg to body mass ratios, leg length to height ratios, and proportional leg circumference ratio show the BF ability to go from zero to full speed in half the time as a human.  It's a simple application of Newton's ratio of applied force to the mass being accelerated.

A human sprinter needs five to six seconds to reach top speed, and the BF would only need three.  This would also give them a great advantage in ambushing animals, as their quickness would be twice ours.  And this strength/torque to weight ratio would give them an unbelievable ability to climb and climb rapidly. 

As to conditioning, we have observations, narratives, and reports of deer out of breath being pursued by these things.  The deer were literally run into the ground.  Other observations, narratives, and reports of a BF bursting out of the treeline, and almost instantly being on top of a deer some 40 foot out in the clearing.

If one wants a single example, even a bear in a short distance can run down a horse. 

One may wish to say all the reports of BF are false or mistaken.  Then we use the null hypothesis.

Assume out of 100 eyewitness reports 99% are fraudulent or inaccurate.  If we wish to test that all of these reports are false, per the theory of compound probability, the calculation would be .99 to the hundredth power, equals .366, which equals 36.6%.

The null hypothesis would indicate that 1.0 minus .366 equals 63.4% probability that at least one report was produced by an accurate, observant reporter.  But we don't have just 100 reports - we have numerable reports over millennia.

It is seriously doubtful that 99% of those who report encounters are inaccurate or lying - and while this is certainly not a proof of existence, it's preposterous to apply such high disregard for the accuracy of many reports, or to ignore the significant body of work that one can term "reported eyewitness encounters."

Toss in that reports come in from all over the world, over centuries by different cultures and peoples, separated even by continents, any sane, rational, prudent person would acknowledge there must be a significant amount of truth to be found in these narratives and reports.

Edited by FarArcher

Toss in that reports come in from all over the world, over centuries by different cultures and peoples, separated even by continents, any sane, rational, prudent person would acknowledge there must be a significant amount of truth to be found in these narratives and reports.

All those reports and yet no proof. Perhaps it is the reports that should be found lacking.

• Upvote 1

There's a report of an alpha male bigfoot actually outpacing a passenger jet during takeoff.  Jets get into the air at approx 165 MPH.  Yeah bigfoot is the fastest living land animal on earth.

That is outlandish! Do you have a link to that report?

All those reports and yet no proof. Perhaps it is the reports that should be found lacking.

Well, no chimpanzee skeleton fossils are found either.

I'm sure that the Chinese, Tibetans, Southeast Asians, Europeans, and North Americans over the past 500 years all got together and decided they'd just pull everyone's leg.

Perhaps skeptics are too dense to consider the body of evidence.  

I once had a guy tell me that thirty-five pound of air in a tire weighed 35 pounds.  Even after explaining it was psi exerted on the tire, he remained unconvinced.

He really wasn't interested in knowing diddly squat.

Perhaps the fact that we have living breathing chimps negates the need for fossils to prove they exist, thus no leg pulling needed.....just saying.  

On a side note, I always fill my tires with helium so that when filled with 35lbs they weigh much less, easier on the back that way    :tease:

• Upvote 1

Well, no chimpanzee skeleton fossils are found either.

I'm sure that the Chinese, Tibetans, Southeast Asians, Europeans, and North Americans over the past 500 years all got together and decided they'd just pull everyone's leg.

Perhaps skeptics are too dense to consider the body of evidence.  

I once had a guy tell me that thirty-five pound of air in a tire weighed 35 pounds.  Even after explaining it was psi exerted on the tire, he remained unconvinced.

He really wasn't interested in knowing diddly squat.

You mention chimpanzee skeletons a lot. Yes, they are restricted to fairly narrow geographical ranges. Yet you also mention reports from all over the world. In that case, it would seem odd some form of fossil evidence is not available.

I say again, perhaps it is something about the report system, or a penchant for humans to report giant, hairy hominids that aren't there. But if reports come from everywhere, their remains should be far more common than those of chimpanzees.