Bigfoot Likeness?

WV FOOTER

Great question and thread.  I have wondered  the same thing. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

How does this image compare??

https://sasquatchchronicles.com/this-is-what-patty-would-look-like-up-close/

This is how I imagine a bigfoot would look close up..........

I'm the same way; I guess I'm influenced by Patty but I picture the face similar to what's shown in the link. 

Great question and thread.  I have wondered  the same thing. 

I agree, I like the thread. (kudos to WV). It's interesting to compare different descriptions.

Paulides books such as Tribal Bigfoot show BF more human like. The picture on the left shows the human like BF drawn by a sketch artist taking directions from an eye witness. The other two renderings show a primitive BF that may be imagination.

It's possible bigfoot species is composed of several subspecies that will look different. For example we have Black Tailed Deer and White Tailed Deer out west.  The untrained eye could mistake them.

post-447-0-21843500-1460560234.jpg

post-447-0-15698200-1460560252_thumb.jpg

post-447-0-19998200-1460560395.jpg

Edited by georgerm

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I think those examples are pretty accurate but I think the brow ridges, cheek bone protuberances and cheek chewing muscles would be much more massive and no pronounced jutting chin but a very "weak" chin and a cranial crest.

The best look I've had at one was just his face. When I first saw him, I thought "Who IS that?!?" Then it flashed through my mind for a split second that he was an Italian guy. The only thing that distinguished him from a human was excessive hair & his turned-up nose. It was much smaller that I would have expected. There was no brow ridge, & his hair appeared to start about 2 1/2 inches above his eyebrows, & grew straight up & back from his face. His eyes were solid dark brown & his skin was brown. I can't remember how dark, but it must not have been very dark since I thought he looked Latin.

He was young, not a teenager, but maybe mid to late twenties. I didn't take a good look at the lower part of his face, & don't remember if there was a beard, but I don't think there was. After I realized that he was a BF, I looked into his eyes & couldn't look away for several seconds. We stared at each other & it felt like he was looking into my mind, & studying my thoughts. Finally, I looked down & when I looked back up, he was gone.

This picture is the best resemblance I've found to him. The skin is too dark, & the nose a little too big but it's pretty close.

IrwinBFPic_zps87c17cc1.jpg

• Upvote 2

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Just something I whipped up.

I'll work on it more later.

Tell me what needs to be adjusted.

post-25212-0-60778100-1460566898_thumb.j

It looks pretty good. Bigfoot faces might vary like our species varies. Your bigfoot has a wide nose that some might have.

Are you showing cat eyes?

Cone head 10% larger, and it will be dialed in.

Real nice sketch technique. Try drawing the one I saw. A massive cone head and shoulders. The head top was not even but had some rolls as if muscles were under the skin up there. Big shoulders. Face with no detail since it was back lit by the moon. It was kneeling and peering over a 4' high log on its side.

BFF Patron

While we are comparing pictures or drawings to real anyone ever seen the ears on a bigfoot?.     Never seen them on an artist rendering or in a description except that Cryptic seems to have drawn ears.    Cryptics drawing more closely resembles the juvenile encounter than any drawing I have seen.    The juveniles sagittal crest appearance was more due to hair like a mohawk than skull.    Made me wonder if Mom did that to his hair to make him look larger?    Or maybe he just had gotten a bath in the creek.    Anyone see the panda bear Mom giving junior a bath video that hit all the news outlets a couple of weeks ago?   Junior did not like getting a bath and was squealing and trying to get away.  

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

It looks pretty good. Bigfoot faces might vary like our species varies. Your bigfoot has a wide nose that some might have.

Are you showing cat eyes?

Cone head 10% larger, and it will be dialed in.

Real nice sketch technique. Try drawing the one I saw. A massive cone head and shoulders. The head top was not even but had some rolls as if muscles were under the skin up there. Big shoulders. Face with no detail since it was back lit by the moon. It was kneeling and peering over a 4' high log on its side.

I think eyes that reflect of that pool light and so a ray may play across the surface as a reflection.

The rendering of an all black eye does not work well from an artistic perspective so adding reflection, shine, or light flare is what helps to define the eye structure for illustrative purposes.

They say you can't see the eyes and are all black like an Ape but on Patty on one frame you can see the eye, probably the reflective differential between the iris and the rest of the eye.

I think the ear has long tufts coming of it as you can see some type of ear structure and tufts in a frame or two of the P-G film. 

Most features on patty or fined by the orientation of the lay of the hair,

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

Guest lightheart

Randi, I have never seen the ears. There was a lot of hair on the sides of the head which was probably obscuring them.

The face itself had less hair than I would have thought on the cheek area especially. The biggest shock for me was how pointed the head looked from the front .....like a dunce cap ....ha ha....but not as tall. Big cheeks.

Someone mentioned seeing one kneeling behind a lengthwise downed tree. This must be fairly common behavior....both hands reaching out and resting on the tree. I have seen this too.....

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I think they have a hair whorl around the ear area, may be small Ape like ears under the hair.

Perhaps they are directional and can be tilted like a bear or deer to hear better and get a directional fix on sound.

You would think their hearing could be acute.

BFF Patron

My juvenile had ears that looked like they could be moved that were higher on the head than human ears pretty much like the avatar Sasfooty uses.     I just had a thought.    I just got back from Florida.    While there I was looking at tourist attractions around the state.    In some brochure about a nature preserve they listed wild orangutans as living in the nature park.    Now we know they are not native and must have escaped from captivity and are breeding in the wild.    What would a large ape like creature (BF) do if it encountered a small escaped monkey in the woods that reminded it of their own young ones?     Take it in as a pet especially if the monkey thought the big ape was Mom?   All sorts of possibilities would be present in a semi tropical climate like Florida.    

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Never notice ears and the two sightings I had were sideways from me, either they had ears and were covered with hair. But then they could have had no ears but holes which would do them no good to hear from far off distance. Which to myself is foolish to think that they have no ears at all, since I have knocked on trees and have heard them knocked back from far off distances. I just never notice from the excitement of just seeing the creature and being amazed at what you are looking at. 

Sasfooty

Your picture looks good but with more hair under nose and around the face and mouth. The eye brows has more hair as well, but the eyes were solid black. Like they are piercing through you. Very hypnotizing if you stare at them ! This is why I went the way I went in how I think about them.  Very evil. 

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Latest attempt. 

post-25212-0-04518200-1460688804_thumb.j

I reserve my rights so ask if you want.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna