Sasquatch: Bear In Human Form?

hiflier

16 hours ago, Yuchi1 said:

when it went badly for them personally.

Yuchi1

It never went badly for me and yes I did take it personally when I first posted here on this forum back in 2000 with my encounter. I am sure you would have too after being called a liar and a drunk by some.  But you get over it and move on and that's the way life works. I dealt with it and tried to get what proof I could and kept moving on . I have no bad feelings to anyone except to one and that's Bigfoot. Now if he/she would only step away from that tree that it's hiding behind I would be able to take a shot at it. :)

8 hours ago, Redbone said:

While I can agree with the sentiment that holding onto limiting beliefs can inhibit one's ability to learn, I reluctantly have to point out that saying "EVERYONE digs their heels in to hold their own personal beliefs, and no one learns a thing" seems like an exaggeration. I don't believe that you know EVERYONE well enough to make such a definitive statement. It seems to me that somebody so careful to only present "accurate information" would not say something that is almost certainly false.

Personally, I have learned a lot here by releasing many of my personal beliefs so there is at least one person less than 'everyone' digging in their heels and at least one more than 'no one' that has learned something. I do realize of course that just because I said it doesn't mean all who read it will believe me. I'll try not to get too upset if that happens.

Just a suggestion... maybe sharing pictures of this majestic 7' long animal might add to your credibility here. I'd love to see some of them.

Redbone, this wolf was in the days before smart phones, and my wife has put photographs from our lives here and there.  At the time, I never thought of him being anything special - he was just my wolf, and when I got him, he could/would barely open his eyes.  But man!  Talk about some big feet!  And never barked.  Didn't shed, as he had fur, unlike a dog that has hair.  They don't have ticks or fleas - their skin kills them.  Great companions.

If you have doubts as to how common it is to find wolves this large, please Google "McKenzie Valley Wolf."  Some actually bump 300 pounds, so mine at 170 was not one of the large ones.  It will only take you a minute, and you can satisfy your curiosity about size and weight - in full.  I'm guessing that most here never heard of the McKenzie Valley wolf, so were unaware of their size.  Oh.  There's not an ounce of fat on wolves - they don't have any.  So whatever the weight - it's bone and muscle.

And you're correct, and I overstated when I said, "EVERYONE."  Let's just say "MOST."  "Everyone" was in fact, and exaggeration.

One has to admit that many do the same things in the same ways, and expect different results.  That's' what I intended to address.  And thanks for allowing me to correct that without unnecessary venom.

9 hours ago, norseman said:

Yes.....because I'm sure a troupe of 800 lbs animals are going to patiently wait for you on a piece of private property while you "sort it out".:huh:

Norse, if one can't get the basics right - one has zero chances of pulling off any grand scheme.  You're so interested in attacking - you can't find the truth within your own statement.  

Remember that 12-point buck?  He had it good, right where he was.  He had himself a corner where no on bothered him, and I wasn't about to myself, until it was time for harvest.

Over your head - still.

Shadow, I assure you that I'm not this LongTabber, whoever he is.

Never heard of him.  Incorrigible hasn't been right yet so far as I've seen, and he certainly isn't right here.  

Some folks blind in one eye, and can't see out the other.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FarArcher said:

Never heard of him.  Incorrigible hasn't been right yet so far as I've seen, and he certainly isn't right here.  

What happens is that they focus on the wrong things rather then focusing on this animal. We all have been tricked or fooled in some way by some one in the bigfoot world  and discerning who is who is hard for some. But knowing this creature and what it does helps knowing who is posting the truth.

I have learned that most pictures I have posted is up to the reader to make their own judgment if it is real or not.  Since anyone with tree formation picture can make there own and call it bigfoot and the same goes with the paranormal aspect of them as well. All we can do is make our own judgment for what ever judgment that may be based on. I am sure that if we were to meet in person our stories would all make sense and have more understanding. Reason being is that there would be a face behind it and not an avatar or what ever.

My avatar make sense to me since this what I hear from them when I am out in the field.  Except I hear the barred owl at odd times when I should not hear them or they sound nothing like barred owls only to be followed by knocks. So my avatar only makes sense to me as well as my user name Shadowborn.

If you say that you of clans or of tribes then I want to be all over that. What a better way to get observation of functioning family unit in stealth mode. If one is able to get details like that of them with out taking a shot then that would be breath taking. To sneak in and photograph and even video would be the ultimate goal one could pursue with out killing one. Of course #1 is having a body on a slab, and like you said one can go through years hunting a trophy buck on state land  until a bow hunter out wits him. Except these creatures will out wit us in their environment, they have the advantage. They are no special ops nor are they ninjas they are animals in tune with their environment. You know like we use to be back in the cave man days and even hunters get this after years of being in the field hunting. We get to know the animals and their behaviors and the alerts they give off.

This is what people do not get and have lost and need to get back to their basics. I have been teaching my son and some times he thinks I am crazy. But when it works for him he says I am happy I taught him. But I am glad that you are sticking to your guns and not giving up. I almost gave up ,but this place gave me strength and to me further. I used that anger and gained more knowledge and shared with those willing to learn. Yuchi is right researchers do not like researchers cause we are always right when we are wrong for thinking like that. It has to change to change or we are never going to get to the answer we are looking for. What the hell are they?

4 hours ago, FarArcher said:

Norse, if one can't get the basics right - one has zero chances of pulling off any grand scheme.  You're so interested in attacking - you can't find the truth within your own statement.  

Remember that 12-point buck?  He had it good, right where he was.  He had himself a corner where no on bothered him, and I wasn't about to myself, until it was time for harvest.

Over your head - still.

Good luck.

Redbone, this wolf was in the days before smart phones, and my wife has put photographs from our lives here and there.  At the time, I never thought of him being anything special - he was just my wolf, and when I got him, he could/would barely open his eyes.  But man!  Talk about some big feet!  And never barked.  Didn't shed, as he had fur, unlike a dog that has hair.  They don't have ticks or fleas - their skin kills them.  Great companions.

If you have doubts as to how common it is to find wolves this large, please Google "McKenzie Valley Wolf."  Some actually bump 300 pounds, so mine at 170 was not one of the large ones.  It will only take you a minute, and you can satisfy your curiosity about size and weight - in full.  I'm guessing that most here never heard of the McKenzie Valley wolf, so were unaware of their size.  Oh.  There's not an ounce of fat on wolves - they don't have any.  So whatever the weight - it's bone and muscle.

And you're correct, and I overstated when I said, "EVERYONE."  Let's just say "MOST."  "Everyone" was in fact, and exaggeration.

One has to admit that many do the same things in the same ways, and expect different results.  That's' what I intended to address.  And thanks for allowing me to correct that without unnecessary venom.

Over your head - still.

Fararcher, you are going to have to realize how many times people have came here with stories similar to yours, military experience, close encounters, the whole works that turn out to be false, some admittedly so. That doesn't mean we will never accept your claims, or that we will. It's a "once bitten twice shy" sort of thing. You have to understand that. That's why we question. I understand that can be frustrating but turning hostile isn't going to improve anything and we all are guilty there.

Now, let's see if we can all find some common ground. Most of us have at one time or another been subjected to what you are going through now. Norse has had his track find gone over, insulted, doubted, the whole nine yards. Same with Inc. in his tale of seeing another type of cryptid.

I can relate to your wolf story. I myself have been gone over after saying Red Wolfs still exist where I live in East Texas and that I have seen them. The same ridicule and doubt. I know what I saw, and I know a wolf when I see one. Myself and my family have lived in these woods for generations and we know the animals. I also have an extensive background in Veterinary medicine and know canines. So I don't really care who believes me.

And realize, there are those who will never believe anything you say. Many of them aren't worth the effort, they are denialists/scofftics who think they know it all. When it comes to Bigfoot, I am neither a believer nor a denier, I am a true skeptic. I question everything, but that doesn't mean I discount everything. I always say "90% of BF stories and evidence are crap, but it's those ten percent that aren't that keep my mind open".

So just realize that when you are being hard pressed, that doesn't mean everyone who does so is out to get you. But even the denialists/scofftics serve an important purpose here, in my opinion. That's why I say the BFF (this forum) is the only place that matters when it comes to discussing BF. You get all sides and all angles and what comes out of that is either stronger for it or worthy of the 90% crap pile.

And also realize that when you are being hard pressed, most of us have been there, done that and have earned our attitudes. And also know this place is far less skeptical than it used to be. Most of the nastier ones have tired and moved on. Those who are questioning you now really aren't denialists/scofftics, they're just skeptics who are trying to sort out truth from BS. It get's rough sometimes, but that's just the way it is.

Edited by Rockape
  • Upvote 1

Shadow - some folks thing these things are more ape-like, and can give reasons.

Some folks thing these things are more toward a human than an ape, or maybe midway in between.

Of the two groups - apes and humans - guess what?

They're both very social groups, both hold with families, and even clans.  They socialize as families, clans, and groups, and they hunt as families, clans, and groups.

Oh, but you have no proof, Archer!

I could have a clan pose for family photos, and that would be insufficient proof.  I could have the family members pose for a group photo, sign an affidavit attesting that this is the family group, and that would be insufficient proof.  

So I don't worry about proof - I'm just 99% certain.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rockape said:

Fararcher, you are going to have to realize how many times people have came here with stories similar to yours, military experience, close encounters, the whole works that turn out to be false, some admittedly so. That doesn't mean we will never accept your claims, or that we will. It's a "once bitten twice shy" sort of thing. You have to understand that. That's why we question. I understand that can be frustrating but turning hostile isn't going to improve anything and we all are guilty there.

Now, let's see if we can all find some common ground. Most of us have at one time or another been subjected to what you are going through now. Norse has had his track find gone over, insulted, doubted, the whole nine yards. Same with Inc. in his tale of seeing another type of cryptid.

I can relate to your wolf story. I myself have been gone over after saying Red Wolfs still exist where I live in East Texas and that I have seen them. The same ridicule and doubt. I know what I saw, and I know a wolf when I see one. Myself and my family have lived in these woods for generations and we know the animals. I also have an extensive background in Veterinary medicine and know canines. So I don't really care who believes me.

And realize, there are those who will never believe anything you say. Many of them aren't worth the effort, they are denialists/scofftics who think they know it all. When it comes to Bigfoot, I am neither a believer nor a denier, I am a true skeptic. I question everything, but that doesn't mean I discount everything. I always say "90% of BF stories and evidence are crap, but it's those ten percent that aren't that keep my mind open".

So just realize that when you are being hard pressed, that doesn't mean everyone who does so is out to get you. But even the denialists/scofftics serve an important purpose here, in my opinion. That's why I say the BFF (this forum) is the only place that matters when it comes to discussing BF. You get all sides and all angles and what comes out of that is either stronger for it or worthy of the 90% crap pile.

And also realize that when you are being hard pressed, most of us have been there, done that and have earned our attitudes. And also know this place is far less skeptical than it used to be. Most of the nastier ones have tired and moved on. Those who are questioning you now really aren't denialists/scofftics, they're just skeptics who are trying to sort out truth from BS. It get's rough sometimes, but that's just the way it is.

Fair enough, and I think I understand a bit better WHY some of the rudeness I've run into.

I got a few friendly warnings about some posters here from different individuals when I first got here, and sure enough, they came.  Warned I'd get baited, tag-teamed, derided, etc., etc., and they weren't kidding.

I finally decided I I'll just resort to an offensive defense - I won't start anything, I won't offend anyone - right up until they offend me.  I refuse to be talked down to - by folks who have zero personal knowledge.  It's just my nature.

Now you say you're a disbeliever.  I wish I was too.  I wish I was the same way - I didn't ask for any of this - the face-to-face, the visits between midnight and sunup, the pebbles being thrown, and another few really stunning, troubling things I'm not discussing.  I only related my introduction.

I appreciate the words,  

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Well interestingly never seen a dead bear.    But had encounters with alive ones just as I have BF.   That brings me to a thought I had the other day.    I would think that the more human like BF are the more their juveniles put them in danger of discovery.    A crying human baby is hard to shut up.   It would be interesting to know what large apes in the wild do to quiet their young or if they never cry like human babies do.    Anyone know?   I do not recall hearing about apes crying.   If a BF baby is human enough to cry often, maybe all we need to do is sit around with parabolic dishes and listen to locate a BF tribe?   If BF babies do cry,  it would be really important to have nurseries in caves or very remote locations where they could not be heard and give away their locations.   

18 minutes ago, FarArcher said:

Now you say you're a disbeliever. 

No, you misunderstand. I'm not a disbeliever, I'm just not convinced. I had my own possible encounter once when I though something was throwing pebbles at me. I was deep in the woods and also holding a shotgun, so I'm sure it wasn't someone throwing them. I passed it off as probably birds. I know some swallow stones to help in digesting, at least that's what I've heard. This was around 40 years ago and at the time I didn't even think to associate it with BF activity. I still think it was birds, but now that I have learned this is commonly associated with BF, I wonder. There were also a few other things that happened in that area that I wonder about now.

1 hour ago, Rockape said:

No, you misunderstand. I'm not a disbeliever, I'm just not convinced. I had my own possible encounter once when I though something was throwing pebbles at me. I was deep in the woods and also holding a shotgun, so I'm sure it wasn't someone throwing them. I passed it off as probably birds. I know some swallow stones to help in digesting, at least that's what I've heard. This was around 40 years ago and at the time I didn't even think to associate it with BF activity. I still think it was birds, but now that I have learned this is commonly associated with BF, I wonder. There were also a few other things that happened in that area that I wonder about now.

Oh!  Got it!

See, when this happened to me, I too, was unaware of the rock throwing, unaware of their bedding constructs, unaware of their hooting and bird imitations, and in fact - just BF stupid, if you will.

Only when I started reading up on reports and narratives did a lot of this stuff start to make sense.  

Yeah.  That "few other things" are the real kickers.  Those things I don't discuss, as I discovered the how and why of some of their unexplained capabilities.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FarArcher said:

Oh!  Got it!

See, when this happened to me, I too, was unaware of the rock throwing, unaware of their bedding constructs, unaware of their hooting and bird imitations, and in fact - just BF stupid, if you will.

Only when I started reading up on reports and narratives did a lot of this stuff start to make sense.  

That's the great thing about this place, you can learn a lot about BF, things that have happened start to make sense then. I had been a "bigfoot fan" all my life, having seen the Patterson-Gimlin film, read some books and such, but I really knew nothing about them. I was one of those people who thought BF was just one creature that lived in the PNW.

Yeah.  That "few other things" are the real kickers.  Those things I don't discuss, as I discovered the how and why of some of their unexplained capabilities.  

I can't think of anything unexplained or odd that happened, but in those days I wouldn't have thought anything about BF anyway. This was all in an area behind my Grandparents house, several hundred acres of thick woods, no homes or anything. Strangest thing, other than the pebble throwing, was probably the odd, creepy feeling I always got when walking the trail in and had to pass a stand of cedar trees. They were in a draw and so thick sun didn't penetrate even on the brightest day, it was pitch black darkness under them. It was a good 20 yards or so off the trail but that place always made my hair stand on end. I always scooted past it pretty quick, double-timed it. and it's not like I was a stranger to the woods. i wasn't scared of anything, especially since I was always toting a shotgun.

There were a few other things, like my Grandma one night seeing a man looking in her bedroom window. She said it was a "black man with a beard". Grandpa ran out and fired off his shotgun, but that was it. Awhile later there was an incident at their neighbor's house. The man was a truck driver and gone a lot, leaving the wife and kids there alone. She called my Grandparents late on night in a panic saying someone was trying to get in her window. Her cat had woke her up, he always slept in that window, and someone was trying to tear the screen off. Grandpa came running with his trusty double barrel. Said he saw a "big black guy" running into the woods. Fired a shot or two at him.

Then, while I was there spending the night, we were sitting watching TV when we heard a loud, dull thud. I mean, a thud. It was like a pile driver hitting the ground or something. It shook the house. There was right afterwards a bump against the house. My Grandpa and I both went out with our guns, but saw nothing.

So, I'm sure there are simple explanations for all these things. There was probably just a prowler roaming around. But I have to wonder. Was that actually a man looking in my Grandma's window? Or something else. Was there something after the neighbors cat? But I still have no idea what could have made a thud like we heard, and felt.

That's why I don't close my mind. I understand how people look to explain things, I do the same myself. Sometimes two plus two equals four. Sometimes when you add it all up you question the answer. I don't know. I've been guilty of being overly-skeptical, but I'm learning to keep a more open mind towards things.

Wow.  Great narrative.  Curious thing about a thick bunch of cedars - there are usually no bugs in there.  No flies, no mosquitoes, no bugs.  Probably has something to do with why some folks line closets with cedar or use cedar chests, or put cedar blocks around a closet.

We had a huge boulder field that everyone naturally avoided.  You'd look at it, and it would creep you out.  No one wanted to go near it, even in a group.  We stayed a good hundred yards away.  But at the time, we didn't have any idea why.  Then I read about boulder fields in Missing 411 stories, and  got another "well, that's quite a coincidence.'

The thing I saw had black skin and had the face of an ugly man.  Nothing else looked human, but his face was like artists renditions of some of the cave man types.  So if your grandma saw a "man" at the window, that would probably be a really good description.  Much larger head of course, eyes much larger than ours, eyes much higher on the face than a human, and not so much forehead - but I've seen some ugly men - and they were fairly similar.

In the country, the prowler business is mighty risky, as most farmers and ranchers have firearms - loaded.  Too much risk for too little reward.  But I do see lots of narratives of these critters being mighty curious, and approaching windows.  I'd suggest that it's less than 50% odds that the visitor was a prowler - especially when your grandfather was there.

Good stuff!