Can Bigfoot Swim?

Guest Twilight Fan

And hippos, or hippomopotamusus as I like to call them.

Just the odd syllable too many! :D

Hippos, whilst dangerous, gather in obvious (and thus avoidable) pods, and are vegetarians. They aren't the deadly stealth hunter that crocs are: they're more like a bunch of grumpy fat teenagers. But I take your point.

Mike

Well to be fair they can hide underwater and they have been known to eat people and dead hippos as well. They kill more people than crocs do from what I've heard.

I think that not only BF can swim but this is also their primary habitat.

They are most often seen in or near rivers and swamps AND particularly swamps are where most humans do not visit.

There are many reports of them eating fish and other aquatic foods.

Swamps are great places to hide and to get all of the food they would need.

Guest Twilight Fan
Actually Bobo Fay said it in a "Finding bigfoot" episode...just not sure which one

Yeah, I don't personally consider anything Mr. Bobo Fay says to be credible. No offense to him, but it seems like he is high on something most of the time. (The fumes of squatch, perhaps? :)) He's hilarious no doubt! But I wouldn't take him too seriously. You have to remember, this is the same guy who stated bigfeet prefer women to men, like it was fact, and how they hunt ducks underwater, etc...Lots of crazy claims, but no evidence.

Guest BFSleuth

I read a report of a sasquatch getting "caught" by a fisherman. Snagged its shoulder, apparently. After it surfaced near the guy's boat and pulled the hook out, it dived and wasn't seen again, even though they were quite a way from the shore. So, if this report is to be believed (and don't forget, you should be wearing "skepticals" for ALL reports!), sasquatch have great underwater swimming abilities, as well as huge lungs.

I'm fairly sure it was a BFRO report, but with their lack of a search facility, and no indexing system, trying to find it amongst thousands of others is beyond my patience.

Mike

This is one of my favorite reports:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=7382

There is one way to search the BFRO database, and that is to use Google by starting to type "BFRO report" then typing whatever search term you are looking to find.

I've come across sighting reports that describe BF's ability to hold their breath underwater for long periods of time, ability to dive and swim well underwater, and the ability to swim long distances. I recall one BF researcher got his start after witnessing a BF swimming from the Olympic Peninsula toward Whidbey Island (a distance of several miles with very strong currents and waves).

Sasquatch have been known to swim underneath ducks and ****** them right from underneath. This is a stated fact.

S.n.a.t.c.h. is a blocked word... lol

Yes but the plural tense "snatched" is not blocked so just word the sentence where you can use the plural tense, or you can always use another word like "grab". ;)

That's a great point, Shelly. Those Snow Monkeys are adorable! I only thought they soaked in hot springs like humans soak in hot tubs. But perhaps like cats, most monkeys can swim. They just tend to avoid water for one reason or another?

Some populations of Japanese macaques will enter the ocean carrying handfuls of sand and grain to separate the grain. The grain floats and they can just pick them and eat them.

Proboscis monkeys also spend a certain amount of time in the water. their natural habitat is the mangrove forests of southeast asia. These forests grow in seawater.

I suspect that BFs that have access to deep water make use of it as a source of food and recreation. Too many reports to ignore the possibility.

I think bigfoots' limb proportions being more similar to humans than other apes, along with the same motor skills that goes with bipedal walking, swimming should come pretty natural. This might also afford them with a human avoidance tatic while living near major rivers and the observations of humans who routinely won't swim across a river but will seek a bridge to cross.

Guest Thepattywagon

One thing's for sure, they wouldn't need any swim fins.

John Mionczynski's BF encounter included him hearing the creature breathe only about 6 times per minute. If true, AND they do swim underwater, that sort of lung capacity would enable them to remain submerged for much longer than a human.

Yeah, I don't personally consider anything Mr. Bobo Fay says to be credible. No offense to him, but it seems like he is high on something most of the time. (The fumes of squatch, perhaps? :)) He's hilarious no doubt! But I wouldn't take him too seriously. You have to remember, this is the same guy who stated bigfeet prefer women to men, like it was fact, and how they hunt ducks underwater, etc...Lots of crazy claims, but no evidence.

What Bobo is likely referring to is the many Native American stories about Sas kidnapping tribal women. There are lots of them if you read every Bigfoot book there is out there. Not sure abt. the waterfowl claim but I have read it's a staple of Sasquatch. If you google Bobo, you will find a small video biography. He's no slouch in field research. He has logged thousands of hours in the field and has had several sightings and also very close encounters. Honestly, real field research to me is where the rubber meets the road and seperates the men from the boys. You should really research him and THEN voice your opinion. Just my 2cents.

Edited by kearnsey64

Guest Twilight Fan
You should really research him and THEN voice your opinion. Just my 2cents.

I looked at his bio page and got the gist that his entire life (and all life decisions) had been based around Bigfoot. Some may call that obsessive, others dedicated. Being in the field is nice, but if his "research" has been done as he does it on the show...then I rest my case.

Just the odd syllable too many! :D

Hippos, whilst dangerous, gather in obvious (and thus avoidable) pods, and are vegetarians. They aren't the deadly stealth hunter that crocs are: they're more like a bunch of grumpy fat teenagers. But I take your point.

Mike

Hippos are the most dangerous animal in Africa aside from the mosquito.

Edited by Tautriadelta

Hippos are the most dangerous animal in Africa aside from the mosquito.

You beat me to it Tautriadelta.......one source says more than all other animals combined!

• masterbarber locked this topic