Researcher, Hunter Or Socialite, What Are You?

Guest tracker

Guest Lesmore

One other category of individuals that also frequent this and other websites and their contribution is dubious, to say the least.

Those that are argumentative, for the sake of being...argumentative.

One other category of individuals that also frequent this and other websites and their contribution is dubious, to say the least.

Those that are argumentative, for the sake of being...argumentative.

If you're referring to me, with respect bud, there's no crime in calling out a BS'er if they're going to make all kinds of crazy claims and then offer excuses instead of backing their claims up. Not the same thing.

Guest Lesmore

If you're referring to me, with respect bud, there's no crime in calling out a BS'er if they're going to make all kinds of crazy claims and then offer excuses instead of backing their claims up. Not the same thing.

No, Fenris, I'm not talking about you at all. I have no issues with what you have described.

I'm talking about those that frequent websites of every kind....just looking for an argument....looking to provoke others....those who like nothing more then a long winded , argumentative discourse, that often times gets personal and goes on and on..... about very little.

Les

As a hunter I take exception to some of what Lesmore stated.

I will however leave that issue for now unless he asks for clarification.

As far as the op's question goes, I am none of the above.

I grew up in south western British Columbia and as a teenager I spent many hours hiking, biking, dirt biking and camping looking for Sasquatch. Being exceeding bright I don't remember ever bringing a firearm OR camera with me on those expeditions. At that time if I went deer hunting, I always had it in the back of my mind to look for as Sasquatch.

By the time I hit 20 a 4x4 replaced the dirt biking, but the general pattern was the same.

By 24 I was married with my first daughter and no longer believed in Sasquatch, I started to 4x4 just to 4x4 and camping became a family adventure.

When deer or moose hunting I seldom thought about Sasquatch anymore.

Now I am an out of shape 45 that hunts, 4x4's, quads and camps, blown knee limits the hiking but slowly trying to get back into it. Recently my interest in the Sasquatch has increased again, so I thought I would look at the state of affairs so to speak.

As a hunter I personally only shoot what I eat, given the fact that I do not believe in Sasquatch my first reaction if I saw one would be; "who is that" not "what is that"

Given the fact that many hunters that have claimed that they saw bigfoot and didn't shoot because it looked like a human, I think if I saw what I was convinced was a Sasquatch I would not shoot for the same reason.

Of course if I saw one I might smell worse then it does because I just might sh#$ myself.

Guest tracker

Hey magni,

Your not alone that's usually the way it goes, they look too human. So most hunters won't shoot just for the sake of shooting at them because they are scared (hopefully).

Hey you guys get snow yet? I spent some time out there in the Vanderhoof, Kamloops areas & also in Alb.

Guest Lesmore

As a hunter I take exception to some of what Lesmore stated.

I will however leave that issue for now unless he asks for clarification.

As far as the op's question goes, I am none of the above.

I grew up in south western British Columbia and as a teenager I spent many hours hiking, biking, dirt biking and camping looking for Sasquatch. Being exceeding bright I don't remember ever bringing a firearm OR camera with me on those expeditions. At that time if I went deer hunting, I always had it in the back of my mind to look for as Sasquatch.

By the time I hit 20 a 4x4 replaced the dirt biking, but the general pattern was the same.

By 24 I was married with my first daughter and no longer believed in Sasquatch, I started to 4x4 just to 4x4 and camping became a family adventure.

When deer or moose hunting I seldom thought about Sasquatch anymore.

Now I am an out of shape 45 that hunts, 4x4's, quads and camps, blown knee limits the hiking but slowly trying to get back into it. Recently my interest in the Sasquatch has increased again, so I thought I would look at the state of affairs so to speak.

As a hunter I personally only shoot what I eat, given the fact that I do not believe in Sasquatch my first reaction if I saw one would be; "who is that" not "what is that"

Given the fact that many hunters that have claimed that they saw bigfoot and didn't shoot because it looked like a human, I think if I saw what I was convinced was a Sasquatch I would not shoot for the same reason.

Of course if I saw one I might smell worse then it does because I just might sh#$ myself.

I'm not sure what I said that you take exception to ?

Les

Hey magni,

Your not alone that's usually the way it goes, they look too human. So most hunters won't shoot just for the sake of shooting at them because they are scared (hopefully).

Hey you guys get snow yet? I spent some time out there in the Vanderhoof, Kamloops areas & also in Alb.

I live in the Lower Mainland, we only get snow a couple of times a year

I'm not sure what I said that you take exception to ?

Les

Well lets just say hunter orange toilet paper has not become necessary in my experience.

Guest Lesmore

Well lets just say hunter orange toilet paper has not become necessary in my experience.

I mentioned that, more as a joke, but I do recall about 5-10 years ago seeing an advert for them in a large US based outfitters catalogue that offered them as a product for hunters. Along with orange vests, toques, hunter's caps, etc.

Apparently there was a demand for this product due to some over anxious, out there firing at a flash of white...I'm assuming they might have been some incidents where it was mistakenly interpreted, of this white flash.... as a tail of the quarry...ie; white tail deer, rabbit...depending on the height.

Sometimes necessity is the mother of invention. :)

Les

I mentioned that, more as a joke, but I do recall about 5-10 years ago seeing an advert for them in a large US based outfitters catalogue that offered them as a product for hunters. Along with orange vests, toques, hunter's caps, etc.

Apparently there was a demand for this product due to some over anxious, out there firing at a flash of white...I'm assuming they might have been some incidents where it was mistakenly interpreted, of this white flash.... as a tail of the quarry...ie; white tail deer, rabbit...depending on the height.

Les

Flashing a red handkerchief during turkey season is not a good idear, either. Just sayin'.....

Les

It was more of a joke similar to those that sell camouflage toilet paper.

I admit to being somewhat thinned skinned to people that I perceive to be putting down hunters or firearms owners.

Hunter orange is required in some but not all jurisdictions. Better hunter training over the last 30 years has done far more towards safety the wearing certain colours.

I rarely wear hunter orange (I do put a hunter orange vest on a deer if I am packing it out on my back)

Guest Lesmore

It was more of a joke similar to those that sell camouflage toilet paper.

I admit to being somewhat thinned skinned to people that I perceive to be putting down hunters or firearms owners. I don't hunt, but I'm not anti hunter and I do own some firearms. When I was younger I used to enjoy target shooting.

I can sympathize with you, there are a lot of people out there , who react swiftly and negatively towards the issue of firearms. I think in many cases it's a case of a lack of knowledge.

Being an older fellow (60's) I can remember the time...50's to 60's when hunting was well accepted and regarded. It's unfortunate that the there has been such a change in view towards the art of hunting. I think hunting fulfills an important part in society.

Hunter orange is required in some but not all jurisdictions. Better hunter training over the last 30 years has done far more towards safety the wearing certain colours.

I rarely wear hunter orange (I do put a hunter orange vest on a deer if I am packing it out on my back)

I agree, I have seen an improvement over the years, due to better hunter training.

Les

Guest tracker

Hey I may of forgotten a couple of types? help me out here. not sure what to call these types lets say hard core skeptics or big BS'ers/story tellers for now?

So what about those who couldn't care less about Sasquatch secretly. But become members maybe just to be skeptics with an advantage over the others trying to prove their existence? The burden of proof falls hard onto the believers laps in our case. On the other side of the coin we have the BS'ers that tell fantastic stories but at least hopefully they are here because they are into the subject. Or are they just here to shine others on?

Consider how easy the sport would be to just doubt everything or make stuff up for one reason or another. It is an open membership after all anyone can join. With a little fake interest or common knowledge of BF and an email address. You can have lots of fun at others expense. The mods deserve alot of credit for trying to balance everything out.

Maybe someone else can articulate this better than me? anyways it makes you wonder?

Edited by tracker

Guest tracker

I tried to edit my post to include tips for new forum users and members to be aware of the players as mention in my last post. But it wouldn't let me for some reason? So does anyone have advice for any new members and forum participants?

Be carefull of what you say or how you say it and be prepared to back up your words. Other than that I am not sure what else to say. Anyone? :unsure:

Edited by tracker