Ray Pinker Hair Analysis

Guest RayG

Yes, The Snow walker hoax video. Dr. Meldrum originally called it a real Bigfoot.

OOOH >.< Boy that is a haymaker to the gut! I didn't know that D:

But on the subject of Freeman, wasn't he only involved with one hoax, and was actually found to be a mere victim of it? From what I have gathered, if my memory has not failed me, he was a honest and actually very successful researcher who fell prey to a hoax here and their.

Getting back on, I am sure Dr. Meldrum would have some insight to the hair coloration aspect as well. Along with the

aspect of analysis as well. J Downes might have some comments there too along with so many others.

I wouldnt take meldrum to seriosely at this point. He has been victimized by so many hoaxers. His whole expertise is based off a freeman hoax, plus he's been fooled by numerouse other plotters.

Which bigfoot researchers do you find to be more believable?

Guest Vincent

If Idaho State University takes him seriously, why shouldn't we? How many hoaxers have "victimized" Meldrum? Given the Freeman case, are there any other specific cases you can mention? I think there's a whole lot wrong with you stating "His whole expertise is based off a freeman hoax" , You're talking about "Doctor" Jeff Meldrum, as in PHD. Those letters are not easy come by. Again, if Dr Meldrum has been fooled by numerous other plotters, who fooled him? With what? Tracks? Sighting reports, or? I'd really like some insight on these statements you've made. Chris

B.

The snow walker video hoax.as john said above. And not only was the snow walker a bad suit, but it arrived in the mail from an unknown source and the 2 skiers or hikers were pretty bad actors, plus there was no other footage on the tape. No backstory, nothin.

The freeman prints etc..... meldrum clsims his most prized foot casting is a freeman track. Paul Freeman was a known hoaxer who hoaxed videos and prints for profit.

Dr. Is a nice title. My 28 year old wife is one. but common sense can not be learned at university. And having Dr. Before your name does not protect you from gullibility.

IF it was the track I spoke about earlier than I have no problem with that. My question is are you aware of the scenario? It sounds like you are presuming that all things associated with Freeman are faked.

Edited by treeknocker

Ray I haven't seen anything directly from the Pinker analysis, but did find this documentary which features an analysis from a Sterling Bunnell, a biologist from Berkeley Ca.

@ 6:50 in.

In his analysis he writes,

I have examined the hair specimen you provided from Damnation creek ( from upper Skaget Wa.?) and compared it by light microscopy under direct and transmitted illumination with human, chimpanzee, gorilla, orangutan and pygathrix monkey hair. It is clearly related to the human - chimpanzee group but is distinguishable from each of these. On the basis of surface and internal structure it seems more like the human or chimp, while by the same criteria human and chimp appear closely related. The specimen hairs are remarkable in the extremely fine and diffuse pigmentation ( the other species show dark melanin clumps and medullary streaks.)

This is all I could transcribe from the partial they showed of his report.

I do find this one interesting.

Uhm, why would all Bigfoot have a reddish tint to their hair? That is a big leap.

If they were related to the existing Orangutan, as theorized by Dr. Grover Krantz, I suppose.

Which bigfoot researchers do you find to be more believable?

Believable? You mean honest? Getting hoaxed happens in this research, It has been attempted on me twice in 3 years. Anyone can be fooled. You, me, anyone. Well except maybe RayG. He does not believe in anything. :D

Edited by JohnCartwright

Patty looks black to me, about the color of a black bear or chimpanzee. Color is a weak gage for authenticity concerning squatch.

Unless you were actually at the site when patty was filmed, then you are looking at:

1. Aged film,

2. TV colorizing edits,

3. Chemical tolerances in processing, and

4. Duplication film color shifts.

You cannot judge Patty's color from the film.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Vincent, aside for the Snow walker video presented for you by John Cartwright, you mention Freeman once again. My interest in your statements is more the question is this based on fact or your opinion, or more importantly, is it a troll seeking a reaction. It wouldn't hurt to add a IMO if you're not basing your statements on fact. If you are basing your statement on fact, (especially if it is inflammatory) be prepared to present evidence of these facts, otherwise you may be considered to be trolling. Chris B.

Edited for clarity: In addition to the offending poster, the noun troll can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in "that was an excellent troll you posted". I was referring to the offending posts as "troll" in this response and not the member.

Edited by ChrisBFRPKY
Edited for clarity

Ouch, you've cut me to the quick.

Pardonez moi, monsieur.

You forgot to mention sheep and goats morphing into bigfoot.

And why did Meldrum need to mention sheep and goats when it is irrelevant to the point he is making? His point, by the way, seems to be that, in general, hair analysis is uncertain at best, and specific to the specimens in question, they are almost certainly not from a bigfoot.

You also neglected to say or present anything to convince me to change my original observation.

Vous ne comprends pas Anglais. C'est dommage.

Sincerely,

Pteronarcyd

Vincent, aside for the Snow walker video presented for you by John Cartwright, you mention Freeman once again. My interest in your statements is more the question is this based on fact or your opinion, or more importantly, is it a troll seeking a reaction. It wouldn't hurt to add a IMO if you're not basing your statements on fact. If you are basing your statement on fact, (especially if it is inflammatory) be prepared to present evidence of these facts, otherwise you may be considered to be trolling. Chris B.

Oooh! Oooh! I know! I know! I will take Freeman is a hoaxer for 100 Chris!

Back in '68 Green writes that Pinker was, "an instructor in police science with 36 years experience in a crime laboratory", so it sure sounds like he's the guy.

RayG