Am I The Only One Really Wanting This To Be Over So I Can Move On?

I think most skeptics would be willing to eat crow, I know I would.

And Mulder, out of all the proponents, I would be thrilled to tell you you were right.

Who will join me in pledging not to add to any Melba Ketchum threads until they have read the report?

I rarely read any of the Ketchum stuff. I figure if there is something big it will show outside of that thread.

But why wait until 'recognition'? That really won't change things. We can go out and study them right now... That to me is a whole heck of a lot more interesting than waiting for some 'scientific' type to say its there. We already know that!

I've been doing some serious thinking the last day or so, and I've reached the conclusion that if/when BF is documented, I'll probably be moving on.

I've come to realize that I have two personal goals for my participation in BF research and debate:

1) Documentation of BF as a "take that" to the people who have looked at me funny when I have talked about my experience. (Petty reason, I know, but there it is).

2) I like the debate as much if not more than the resolution. Documenting BF ends the most crucial debate on the subject of existence. Once that is established, the rest will work itself out in due course.

I'll probably take up another "phenomenological" topic where the debate on validity is still an open issue be it a paranatural topic like ghosts, or UFOs, or alternative history theory (to name three that interest me),

Am I the only one that feels this way?

You know Mulder I am a little surprised by this.

If you don't mind my saying so I always thought you had a real passion for the subject of sasquatch.

Even though I rarely agree with you, and shake my head at some of the things you say, I really do admire your passion and would miss it

However you know my feelings on the subject, so I don't think you will be going anywhere for a very long time :)

Guest Roberty-Bob

I would most definitely - if BF were proven to be 100% real - be even more interested in the subject. I doubt I would do anymore "field work" than I do now - which is basically keeping my eyes peeled when hiking. But I would be ecstatic knowing we had something so magnificent stomping around the woods. The inner 10 year-old in me practically faints at the idea.

Magni, There are times in one's life that you find yourself realizing things that you either didn't know or wouldn't admit to yourself before. I'm more of a moral/philosophic intellectual than a hard science one, though I'm well-read enough that I can at least make a decent showing most of the time. The "nuts and bolts" of how BF (or any other animal, for that matter) lives are simply not that interesting to me.

I've also been re-examining my priorities lately due to real world issues, personal and otherwise. (Not fishing for pity, just stating the fact so you know where I'm coming from.) In the greater scheme of things (a country where 10s of millions of people are chronically unemployed, homeless, sick, etc), BF just isn't that important. More and more, I'm finding that I'd rather put my advocacy into issues whose impacts matter more. I may give up on phenomenology altogether at some point.

That's just where I am in my life. Might change tomorrow, might never change.

Edited by Mulder

Been there myself Mulder, my wife and I were foster parents for a number of years and we were very active in a group that was fighting for the rights of children in care.

I don't have your passion for sasquatch, to me it is just a pleasant hobby.

If you choose to walk away from the whole BF thing and instead devote your passion and energy to a cause, I am sure that cause will be better for it

Our priorities in life change over time and imo it is better to walk away from something then just do it out of habit

Just do what is right for you and don't look back

Well, a resolution of this will indeed be a big F-U to the doubters, of that there is no doubt. I, for one, will be making a few calls. However, there will be further studies need to be made. Even with one body or DNA proof, there will still be unanswered questions. To me, the existence of sasquatch is already solved. They do exist. My current endeavor is to attempt to study them as Jane Goodall studied her subjects. Maybe when proof of their existence is finally resolved, I can bring forward my observations and show what they do, why they do what they do, their social structure, etc.

I imagine that when the issue is resolved, and I am sure it will be, very soon, that sites such as this will lose traffic, but not all of it. The focus will then become the same as mine.

Mulder, I have wanted to "move on" since September 2009. It was intended to be a "lark," a fun summer camping and an imaginary Bigfoot as window dressing for a wilderness i felt I had become too familiar with. Long time history of hiking and human pre-history, the arid SW lends itself to our ancestral past...ruins remain on the surface and the natural history an old friend for me.

So, here it is almost five years later, thousands of hours, navigating hazardous people involved in Bfing, and all the silliness, and no where to really take the effort..I am personally sick of it...and the DNA study...geez, I have been aware since June 2009...so that's getting old!

So, for me proof...potentially begins the real journey, and it is not sitting well with me. I don't need to prove for others (I expected to bring someone there to do that..lol) but I do feel a responsibility to share what I experienced .and it upsets me as the effort is tremendous and falls short of certainty about the large picutre beyond this one family of Bigfoots (or me) So, I don't have to share, and yet it just nags at me. I wish I could just tuck it in my heart and forget it, except for myself.

Maybe I can, unless the other voices weighing in after "proof" seem to head us in a direction I wouldn't like, like eradication, or overly protective behaviors..I am not sure what....

So, I am at about 40% on this "web-report" which will be the bare bones..and the anecdotal stuff...we'll see..if I am ever able to share that in an atmosphere of...lol...anything but this free-for-all!

If Sykes, Ketchum and the other labs line up fairly well, I do think the amateur efforts will go away, ultimately...so maybe we will all be spared before we die!

Edited by apehuman

We can go out and study them right now.

We can? Where?

I can certainly understand where some folks are coming from. Been following this mystery for 40+ years, and had my hopes up a number of times in the past that a discovery was just around the corner. Still waiting.

RayG

ever since knowing that they are real I have moved on . No more wondering if they are real since seeing them and knowing what they are capable of.No need to write an essay on this topic .Make's no difference.

• Upvote 1

We can? Where?

I can certainly understand where some folks are coming from. Been following this mystery for 40+ years, and had my hopes up a number of times in the past that a discovery was just around the corner. Still waiting.

RayG

Well, I live in Minnesota so I can study them here. There's a pod or something (don't know what you call a group of BF, did we sort that out in another thread?) living down by a friend's cabin. I suspect there are some closer to you than that though.

When you're a knower and haven't had anything to date happen that was life threatening regarding them, you just crave more.

Each incident hopefully paves way for another and so on.

It's addicting once you experience them. Surreal, profound and addicting.

Make's no difference.

Sure it does. Makes a huge difference.

The way it stands right now, bigfoot is considered a fringe topic, something people chuckle about or don't take seriously. If you or anyone else has a means to produce conclusive evidence this creature exists, it would greatly reduce, if not eliminate the snickering by co-workers, friends, associates, the general public, and mainstream science. It would also open up a whole new avenue of understanding, knowledge, study, wonder, and advancement with regards to nature and how we and other creatures interact with nature.

I find things in nature fascinating, and I don't see the benefit of keeping bigfoot a big secret.

RayG

Thank you Mulder for being honest. You confirmed what I have thought for a long time. This subject is something for you to get your debate fix on.

When it is over you will go find some other thing to debate. Gather another flock of bleevers?

• masterbarber locked this topic