Forget about a body...what about one decent pic?

Guest Starling

You do realize that Bill Munns is one of the biggest supporters of the Patterson Gimlin film? I'm not sure how he rates as a skeptical "big brother".

Lastly your not seeing something with your own eyes to "trust" through a photo or video! If that were true? The dinosaurs of Jurassic park would be real right? They look really really real!

Some people even get punked in person!

How did you get that I was saying Bill Munns was Big Brother? Bill Munns is just a decent guy who has a lot of information and who people look up to, putting a lot of pressure on him that nobody should have to bear. 

Big Brother is a reference to all the people hiding behind science as their justification to say, "Don't believe anything. Wait until ***I*** give you the say-so to believe something."

Really? In whose interest IS it that you not believe anything?

I'm saying, use your own discernment. 

If you don't have any, rely on other people then. That's a great idea. Good luck with it. 

Edited by LeafTalker
  • Upvote 1

He was one of the two experts that YOU quoted from my links! That's how. And then you proceeded to tell everyone not to listen to big brother and trust their own eyes!?

Bill Munns thinks Melissa Hovey's photo is a hoax.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Bill Munns didn't claim it's a hoax, but he made it very clear that it could have been hoaxed.

Knowing what I now know, I would say the photo was in all likelihood presented to Mrs. Hovey as a hoax, but the costume itself wasn't designed for that particular purpose.

I know Bill Munns knows the PGF is real, and I also know that whether or not he believes Melissa Hovey's photo is a "hoax", he didn't say that. He said, "IF it's a hoax". 

As a responsible person, he won't say yea or nay about something he can't say that about with 100% certainty. 

But that's apparently of no consequence to you, and hey, that's your decision to make. 

If substituting other people's unspoken judgments for your own is your thing, knock yourself out! Whatever floats your boat.  

I quote Bill here;

"So my conclusion is that the figure is suspicious, and while it cannot be called an outright fake, I know it could easily be faked, and as such, I would not put any confidence in its being real."

16 hours ago, LeafTalker said:

You didn't like the Melissa Hovey picture?

Its a good photo, but its a person in a suit. You can tell because of how the head sits on the shoulders. BF has its head forward and down relative to the shoulders. Look for images of 'Letters from the Big Man' and you will see some very similar images to this one. I'm pretty sure because this photo is associated with that project.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, LeafTalker said:

And I'm not saying Rockape is fearful and suspicious; he is far from that, which facilitates conversations that can help people who ARE having trouble trusting their own experiences and their own instincts.

I'm just a hard-headed skeptic. Now mind you, I am what a skeptic is suppose to be, someone who questions everything but doesn't close their mind to possibilities. I'm on the side of believing BF exists, but I want solid proof and a photo just won't do it. Now, while I say I'm on the side of believing they exist, that doesn't mean I am convinced they do. Unless I see one with my own eyes, or absolute proof is offered, I have to leave doubt.

So while I agree the Hovey pic IS a great photo, I don't know what it is a photo of. Might be a BF, might not. I love seeing these sorts of things though, and seeing the debate about them.

5 hours ago, salubrious said:

Its a good photo, but its a person in a suit. You can tell because of how the head sits on the shoulders. BF has its head forward and down relative to the shoulders. Look for images of 'Letters from the Big Man' and you will see some very similar images to this one. I'm pretty sure because this photo is associated with that project.

To me, the Melissa Hovey photo looks nothing like the BF in Letters from the Big Man. 

2 hours ago, Rockape said:

I am what a skeptic is suppose to be, someone who questions everything but doesn't close their mind to possibilities. 

I agree that that's what a true skeptic is, and you fit the definition well.    :-) 

P.S. But Salubrious, I agree with what you're saying about the positioning of the head being a good way (sometimes) to tell who might or might not be a BF. 

18 hours ago, LeafTalker said:

To me, the Melissa Hovey photo looks nothing like the BF in Letters from the Big Man. 

I agree that that's what a true skeptic is, and you fit the definition well.    :-) 

P.S. But Salubrious, I agree with what you're saying about the positioning of the head being a good way (sometimes) to tell who might or might not be a BF. 

Image result for letters from the Big Man

Image result for Melissa Hovey photo

These don't look really similar to you? The head on a real  BF is so far forward and down that from the rear it looks too small for its body. In these photos you can see in the lower one that the only real difference is that the head is inclined. Both are a person in a suit and with the timing and otherwise good quality of the work they look to me from the same project. 

• Upvote 1

Guest OntarioSquatch

I looked at the photo again for the first time in several years, and I now think I'll have to retract my opinion of it being a costume. Of course, that doesn't mean I think it's real, but I'm on fence now

Here's a higher resolution photo

American-bigfoot-society's-bigfoot-sasqu

The photo was sent to Melissa Hovey by a man who supposedly set out 35mm cameras as custom game cams, The man wanted to keep privacy, and was supposedly afraid for the Sasquatch's safety

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Guest OntarioSquatch

Here's the head and shoulders of the costume in that blog post

XLFMpcs.jpg

It has different hair, skin, ears, and head elevation relative to shoulders. It's definitely not the same

8 hours ago, salubrious said:

Image result for letters from the Big Man

Image result for Melissa Hovey photo

These don't look really similar to you? The head on a real  BF is so far forward and down that from the rear it looks too small for its body. In these photos you can see in the lower one that the only real difference is that the head is inclined. Both are a person in a suit and with the timing and otherwise good quality of the work they look to me from the same project. 

Yes, they really don't look similar to me. Not sure that it's possible to say the head is "inclined" in the Melissa Hovey photo. How do we know it's not positioned as it normally/always would be? Also, the hair in the Letters from the Big Man costume is much thicker and denser than the hair in the Melissa Hovey photo. You can see a lot of skin in one, and none at all in the other. And one has mostly brownish-reddish hair, and the other, grey. 

I recently joined the ranks of people who, like you, have had sightings. Mine was not as close as yours -- it was at about 100 yards -- but it was a very clear, full-body daylight sighting. The individual I saw was walking fully erect; the head was not low and forward. So I'm pretty much thinking there is tons of variability here as there is in almost every other aspect of their anatomy. 

I've heard, from someone I respect very much, that there are about 90 species of hairy people on this planet. That's potentially a looooooot of different body types. So I think there's a very great and very real possibility that the Melissa Hovey photo is of a Bigfoot. I just do.  

• masterbarber pinned this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic