Urban Bigfoot Seriously? (3)

ioyza

Guest OntarioSquatch
38 minutes ago, dmaker said:

You should speak to Leaftalker.

I’m already aware of Leaftalker and her motives

22 minutes ago, ioyza said:

It's very easy to proclaim something to be utterly ridiculous. It's quite a bit more difficult to thoroughly and efficiently explain a fairly complicated situation and some involved out-of-the-box hypotheses about it, as I've attempted to do a couple times now. 

Sticks in a park do not qualify as a complicated situation.

10 minutes ago, dmaker said:

Sticks in a park do not qualify as a complicated situation.

As long as you ignore all the timings and circumstances involved, you're right. 

• Upvote 1

Even if bigfoot was a known, confirmed species, there is just no reason to think a random pile of twigs in a public park, in the middle of a major North American metropolis, could be the result of that animal. Why in the world would a bigfoot even enter a large city? And how on earth could it possibly do so undetected?

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

Pretty sure I've answered all of that...

Well except the "why" part, which is tricky to speculate on of course. My best guess is that their ancestral route included the North Chicago as part of the circuit, and they didn't want to give up the route (Chicago hasn't been around for so long, relative to sasquatch, after all). Maybe it goes beyond that - what if their route needs to be circular for resource management reasons. If they went slowly South, foraging their way down, then tried to return North by the same corridors, those food sources wouldn't have had a chance to replenish yet. 

3 hours ago, ioyza said:

My best guess is that their ancestral route included the North Chicago as part of the circuit, and they didn't want to give up the route

I'm guessing that biology is not your focus? Animals driven by evolution will take the path of least resistance. Even animals driven by intelligence would not behave as you have posited. They simply would have found a different route. What you are proposing is absolutely ridiculous and beyond consideration. There is no reason whatsoever to give your, uh, let's be generous and call it a "theory" any consideration at all. 

Perhaps in support of your theory you might want to see if there is a precedent of other large mammals making their way through metropolitan Chicago undetected. Perhaps a bear, or a moose, or two? No?Just bigfoot? Well, bigfoot is pretty special being imaginary and all. Thanks for highlighting that.

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dmaker said:

Perhaps in support of your theory you might want to see if there is a precedent of other large mammals making their way through metropolitan Chicago undetected

If the large mammals are undetected how in heck can there be any known precedent? Besides, Rockape pretty much said there is a precedent. All we have to do then is figure out whether or not Bigfoot plays football ;) 

Edited by hiflier

1 hour ago, CMBigfoot said:

Hi Ioyza,

If the stick structures you found are in Midway Plaisance Park? Why not call Rick Shaheen the park supervisor at (312) 745-2470 and ask him if he knows anything about the stick structures?

http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/parks/Midway-Plaisance-Park/

Forget that!, if I thought for a second that this was happening,  I'd be calling the cops, and telling them to warn the children that there is a 600 pound omnivore wandering through the park,  creating useless stick structures, indicative of a deranged mind.

How can Ioyza sit there while this potentially murderous creature is in a park full of children?

• Upvote 1

Didn't SEE any children in the photos. Maybe it's too LATE!!

Just kidding, ioyza. Just couldn't resist. I have always had trouble reining in my attempts at humor. It's gotta be genetic. Maybe there's a pill for that ;) 

Drew

What makes you believe that these creatures are potentially murderous ? Since everyone of us who have looked for them have come back alive and have lived to talk about what we have seen! There must be an explanation to why this is happening in this park and whether it is a prank being played on ioyza or it is a real deal that is going on we will never know.  In my view it is strange and unless there have been reports popping up in this general area of creatures being spotted we will never know. There is just not enough Data to really make a judgement call on what could be creating these stick figures . The only smart and easy answer is that it was done by humans But that is only looking at this from our prospective. I am sure if we were to actually go to this area and research it our selves we would probably come up with a different explanation. Like I have said before anything is possible with these creatures and we have no idea of what they are capable. I leave this case open until it can be further researched.

19 hours ago, dmaker said:

Even if bigfoot was a known, confirmed species, there is just no reason to think a random pile of twigs in a public park, in the middle of a major North American metropolis, could be the result of that animal. Why in the world would a bigfoot even enter a large city? And how on earth could it possibly do so undetected?

Large mammals enter big cities all the time.  Many times they go undetected...and if/when they ARE detected, you get stuff like this...

strangetrek-mountain-lion-milwaukee.jpg?

14 hours ago, dmaker said:

I'm guessing that biology is not your focus? Animals driven by evolution will take the path of least resistance. Even animals driven by intelligence would not behave as you have posited. They simply would have found a different route. What you are proposing is absolutely ridiculous and beyond consideration. There is no reason whatsoever to give your, uh, let's be generous and call it a "theory" any consideration at all. 

Perhaps in support of your theory you might want to see if there is a precedent of other large mammals making their way through metropolitan Chicago undetected. Perhaps a bear, or a moose, or two? No?Just bigfoot? Well, bigfoot is pretty special being imaginary and all. Thanks for highlighting that.

See above and below.

2013-09-27-17.00.38-360x202.jpg1072007-13-20160613195330.jpegdeer_pic_600.jpg

Edited by Cotter
added pics
  • Upvote 2

Begs the question: Are any deer or other large mammals ever seen in the vicinity of these Chicago "bigfoot sculptures?"

Good question.  I would say yes....at some times (total guess).  But with 70,000 acres of forest preserves in Cook County, there is undeniably wild places for large mammals to live.

Here's a link showing the locations of said preserves.  Chicago has had a long history of deer problems.  I'd like to know, but am not going to do it, what an overlay of the preserves to ioya's theoretical travel route would look like.

http://fpdcc.com/downloads/maps/FPCC-CountyMap-2014-web.pdf

• WV FOOTER unlocked this topic