Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
norseman

Saskeptic’s first post.

65 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, norseman said:

 

That explaination is just fine, unless the wide jaw of Gigantopithecus shows it was bipedal. In which case you have two options. Bipedalism evolved twice. Or Gigantopithecus did not evolve from Asian Apes at all.

 

 

2jdl835.jpg

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And so enters the ridiculous mocking we are all so familiar with. Night Walker there is no excuse for such immature behavior on an adult Forum. I truly abhor postings such as your above. It's unproductive and reeks of condescension. And an apology to the intelligent members of this Forum is in order.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hiflier said:

And so enters the ridiculous mocking we are all so familiar with. Night Walker there is no excuse for such immature behavior on an adult Forum. I truly abhor postings such as your above. It's unproductive and reeks of condescension. And an apology to the intelligent members of this Forum is in order.

 

You weren’t so concerened about the mocking when it was you and other proponents on the PGF board creating nicknames for skeptics just a while back.  I believe you even posted about how you enjoyed Mocking skeptics.  Or something along those lines at least.   But I suppose it’s a do as I say, not as I do kind of thing......  :lol:

 

Im personally of the belief you need thick skin if you want to post on message boards and even thicker skin for a controversial subject such as BF. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its far less offensive than the obsessive postings of a certain proponent who rejoices in sharing cartoons of animals pooping and throwing excrement etc.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such posts can be offensive if they conflict with beliefs that are dearly-held and fragile, but if that’s the case, then one shouldn’t even be engaging in such debates, as even non-humour attempts will have the same effect if done well enough. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

52 minutes ago, Twist said:

 

You weren’t so concerened about the mocking when it was you and other proponents on the PGF board creating nicknames for skeptics just a while back.  I believe you even posted about how you enjoyed Mocking skeptics.  Or something along those lines at least.   But I suppose it’s a do as I say, not as I do kind of thing......  :lol:

 

Im personally of the belief you need thick skin if you want to post on message boards and even thicker skin for a controversial subject such as BF. 

 

You "believe" wrong. I do not enjoy it and never initiate it unprovoked. And this is the general Forum with new members coming in who get to see someone mock a now passed away and well respected PhD, who also happened to be a proponent. You want to defend him? And at the same time drag me into the mud? Well that's fine, but the general Forum isn't the place for any of it. It's about discussion, not mockery or disrespect.

Edited by hiflier
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Night Walker said:

 

2jdl835.jpg

 

You probably hate peas as well....... ;)

16F7309D-2B76-4B75-A8CA-8DE6315C3F68.jpeg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, hiflier said:

 

You "believe" wrong. I do not enjoy it and never initiate it unprovoked. And this is the general Forum with new members coming in who get to see someone mock a now passed away and well respected PhD, who also happened to be a proponent. You want to defend him? And at the same time drag me into the mud? Well that's fine, but the general Forum isn't the place for any of it. It's about discussion, not mockery or disrespect.

 

I have done nothing to defend anyone, I pointed out your hypocrisy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twist you are trying your best to make this personal but I won't play. There is no 'hypocrisy' either which is a pretty strong label. But again, I won't play. Thank you sooo much for diverting the topic of this thread. I don't even know what makes you think I'm even worth the time and effort. I'm not. Now, if you're finished, back to topic?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing personal Hiflier, just pointing out some hypocrisy, something we are all guilty of at times.  

 

I will say, after a quick preliminary search, I may have lumped you in with others when claiming you enjoyed mocking skeptics.  It was all during the same timing of the “pumpkin patch” stuff.  For that, my apologies. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve read their posts over on the JREF. It’s not like any of us are going to hurt their sensibilities. They are here to count coup only.

 

But with that said, we BFF members must decide what sort of forum we want and what sort of posters we want to be. We have a ignore feature here for a reason. If you get tired of the same old dialogue? No harm in using it.....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And my apologies as well, Twist. We all here for the same reason: to get at the truth of that creature called Sasquatch. Amazingly enough in 2018 the question for many is still open and for others it is quite closed both for and against existence. The area in the middle of those extremes is where much of the general Forum lies and your input here is just as important as anyone else's. I thank you for graciously coming to level ground with me and I have always enjoyed my engagements with you in the GF and elsewhere. It's easy to get off the high road but it's the high road that we take with each other that gets the best dialogue and results. And so, with respect, I thank you for extending the good hand. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main problem that I have with Gigantopithecus blacki is the fossil record.

Fossil remains have been found in South China, Vietnam  and Indonesia.

So not only have no fossils been found in North America, but none have been found in Russia including Siberia.

To me this makes the migration theory even less likely.

Also I believe that most anthropologist now consider G.blacki a quadraped 

 

To my knowledge no fossil of any species of gigantopithecus has been found in North America, Russia or any other regions except as mentioned above and India

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2018 at 0:11 PM, norseman said:

we BFF members must decide what sort of forum we want and what sort of posters we want to be. We have a ignore feature here for a reason. If you get tired of the same old dialogue? No harm in using it.....

 

I agree with that though I don't think it goes far enough.   We have another feature, a "report" button.   I use it.  I suggest others should as well.   Not doing so assumes that either the scoftics will police themselves or somehow the mods will come along to rescue us.   Both are passive, embrace-your-victimhood responses.   NO.   Take a stand: actively engage via the report button where someone appears to have violated forum rules.

 

MIB

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually agree with you .I do however must add that the feature could certainly be used on both sides. 

Now having said that I would never report anyone . Simply just not my style. 

Hope all is well with you. I have been meaning to check in with you. 

Have a great weekend. 

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0