Kill/no Kill?

Guest StankApe

Kill or No Kill ?  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest StankApe

I'm a new guy around here, but I lurked the BFRO forum for awhile before discovering this one (I like this one more, but both have value) But one thing I haven't seen discussed here is the Kill or No Kill policy.

I find it too convenient when squatch supporters are adamantly No Kill because , in a way, it gives them a convenient excuse for perpetuating their philosophy of existence. No body , cuz we shouldn't kill them. However, science DEMANDS a body . Nothing else will do. (except maybe a capture, but I wouldn't wanna be the guy who had the job of wrangling a 7 foot 500 pound ape!!!). So, IMO, Kill is the only way to go. Note I don't mean shoot on sight or harming the SPECIES in any way. But eventually, if all of this is to be proven (and I myself am optimistically skeptical as I find the evidence compelling to a point, but also there is too much conjecture and hoaxes for me to be a "believer") a body is going to have to be procured and available for study and presentation in a peer review publication.

Now , if we assume that proof has been established, of course we would all be in favor of protecting the animal and as much of it's habitat as possible. But I'm referring to killing or not killing as to establish existence. (if , in fact, it exists)

So , waddya think? Kill or No Kill?

Guest gershake

:D ooooh yess, blood, blood and lots of blood! 8)

in all seriousness, I can't really tell. Generally I would take a "kill one, but only one" stance (even if they are humans) if I wanted BF to be discovered, but I'm not so sure I actually want discovery to happen. For selfish reasons absolutely, I do, but I believe that people who say that discovery would actually be fatal for BF have some valid poitns.

BFF Patron
...let Gershake sort 'em out.

They don't call him "shake and bake" for nothing, captain! <funnin' w/ ya shake> :P

(HMM I got a green foot & two green toes hanging above my avatar now?! That's new and different

But where are those earned yellow stars, lol)

I say 'No Kill' unless in self defense. That's mostly because I think they are at least partly human and also because I don't believe in harming anything that isn't itself causing harm (except, in some cases, maybe to eat it).

So, IMO, Kill is the only way to go. Note I don't mean shoot on sight or harming the SPECIES in any way...

Maybe you could explain what you mean to say there because I don't get that. ??

I think we should capture one, study it carefully and then let it go, where we found it. Of course that could be very dangerous but so is capturing elephants, large cats, hippos, poisonous snakes, etc. etc. etc. That doesn't mean that it can't be done.

Edited by xspider1

Guest Primate

I've really evolved on this one. I grew up hunting . I'm an enthousiastic carnivore . And, i have no problem with the idea of taking a life , animal or human to save my own life or that of my loved ones. But ,I don't like the idea of unneccessary killing . And It seems to me the people who will benefit the most from giving science and the skeptics their "body on a slab" are those of us who have been putting up with them for 44 years..And we've already proven our skin is thick enough to take it..

I don't think it will be the best thing for their tribe/specie.I'm not sure it will be best for ours....That being said I think it's inevitable and I hope that Sasquatch will be the first living hominid(it's already happened for Denisovans Man) to have it's existance verified by DNA samples..

Stankape, you are "forgiven" because of your new status, but yea its a subject that's been discussed "a few" times... lol.

Here's a link to an oldie, but goodie- if your interested in seeing what people had to say last year about this time..

One from this summer...

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/topic/7434-to-kill-or-not-to-kill

For your knowledge Stankape (or anyone else for that matter)- from the main menu, in the top right there is a search box... if you put in something like "no kill" or "pro kill" or whatever else your interested in- its works surprisingly well

I've contemplated this before. I wouldn't want to see a Bigfoot die, so a live capture would be ideal. However, since it's proven difficult to even get a creditible photo of the creature, I'll assume that a capture would be hit and miss at best and dangerous at the worst. It's a shame that they aren't presenting themselves abundantly for observation so there would be no need for a capture/kill.

As much as I'd hate for a Bigfoot to die, I have to vote pro-kill. There is just too much doubt and too many unsubstantiated claims regarding the creature. Science requires a specimen for research and documentation. If someone could present a body in the name of science, it would do a great deal to further the existence of the Sasquatch. Fortunately, I wouldn't set out to kill one personally. Its possible existence doesn't matter enough for me to me to kill one. I hate to say this, but the "logging truck" scenario would provide the specimen without the need to actually hunt one down and kill it.

On a side note: I'm glad that Bigfoot doesn't feel the need to kill humans to prove their existence.

Guest HairyGreek

On a side note: I'm glad that Bigfoot doesn't feel the need to kill humans to prove their existence.

See, I love ya man. But you know it isn't even close to the same thing.

Guest COGrizzly

Kill ONE and just one! But not to worry the odds of that happening are slim and none.

Agreed.

Let the new guy have his/her topic. It happens all the time. Same questions over and over, mods/admins reference the search function, yet it still happens.

On a side note, the links provided are exactly how I personally gained more knowledge, so thanks!

Ummmm, I think I know what I would do in the situation, however, it usually never turns out the way you think it will.

Depends on the bigfoot's intent and temperament and whether I thought I could put it down with one shot or not, meaning it would have to be in very close range. I don't think you would get a second shot so you would need to make the first one count in a "Do or Die" situation. Of course, if bigfoot was just going about it's business I'ld just leave it alone.

Edited by Jodie