Wondering If Bf Tears Down A Den

Guest bfsearcher

I take it you have never lived in rural or heavily wooded area? Its actually quite normal to have people living out in the woods in a primitive way. I've seen this is different states near long stretches of forest. A great many of the men are Vietnam veterans that just could not assimilate once they returned home. Many have mental problems, many don't have the ability to get a job...sometimes they just don't want to live like rest of humanity, other times they honestly have a learning disability or mental disorder which makes them unemployable and if family won't help take care of them or they have no family then the more resourceful will go live in the woods. I run into a number of men living in the woods in Arizona most were veterans or had schizophrenia, one guy lived in a tent and said he collected minerals and fossils for a living. I have two female acquaintances that have autism and live in the national forest, one lives in a shed and another lives in a RV she hides. I've been hiking many a time and come across little shacks way out in middle of nowhere and I have also come upon homeless men in wooden lean-to's. They aren't necessarily dangerous; they are just poor outcasts. I've also come across a group of young Navajo children who were making a stick shelter that I feel sure people on here would be adamant was a Bigfoot creation if they had come across it unwittingly. The kids were very skilled.

Actually, I've spent some time in the woods, mountains, and high desert. I've run into altars, pot crops, and been threatened by shotgun wielding locals on public lands. The creepiest of these encounters was in Mineral County, Nevada. As we passed a crossroads, I noticed a pickup without plates concealed down in a gully. It pulled out immediately after we passed and followed us on dirt roads for about thirty miles. When we finally pulled onto a hardtop, it turned around and went back down the dirt road.

You grow up in Nevada, you learn to be suspicious of people you meet out in the boonies. Some are harmless, some are antisocial, and some are predatory.

Guest Tsalagi

That's what she claims.... But then again, there are many indian legends that people have tried to use as a basis for facts. None of them, that I know of, have ever been proven. Just because someone is a Choctaw medicine woman doesn't mean they can't have a little fun at the expense of the white man!

You are exactly right. Even more, just because someone claims to be a Choctaw medicine woman does not mean they are really either one- Choctaw or a medicine woman. I run into an awful lot of non-Indians who fraudulently claim to be Cherokee shamans, so I can assume there are people claiming similar in other tribes. Oh just for the record, historically speaking the Cherokee tribe never had shamans, but there is a whole heck of a lot of them practicing these days thanks to the popularity of New Age books and suddenly claiming all sorts of powers and titles even though they don't even have a family history of even belonging to a tribe. :lol: Every real medicine man or woman I have ever known do not boast about it and in fact seem to go out of their way to deny it or keep it secret. So anytime someone says they are a Medicine man or woman you need to be suspicious.

As for no Indian legends being proven it depends on what you mean there. I think the Hairy Man petroglyphs for instance are strong proof of Indian knowledge or encounters with a Bigfoot.

Guest Tsalagi

The creepiest of these encounters was in Mineral County, Nevada. As we passed a crossroads, I noticed a pickup without plates concealed down in a gully. It pulled out immediately after we passed and followed us on dirt roads for about thirty miles. When we finally pulled onto a hardtop, it turned around and went back down the dirt road.

That sounds like pot growers or considering the name Mineral County do people still stake a claim or take over abandoned mines? I remember driving between Kingman, AZ and Las Vegas and impressed by the sheer number of abandoned mine shafts that could be seen from the road. One can only imagine what exists further into the desert.