Twitter And The Big Guy

BobbyO

BFF Patron

The report was cut and pasted from the blue forum, so obviously someone didn't think it was private over there. And there is no confirmation BF was hit anyway.

Hopefully folks can be respectful of the individuals with dual memberships on both forums and there will not be a flame war over this.

I'm sure this thread has already generated reports to mods, let's keep it in check please.

From what I know of Tyler, he's a pretty stand-up kat. I've seen a BF before, so I'd imagine that it would be tough to mistake what you hit, unless it was someone dressed in all black, or a bear running across the road bi-pedally. I can already see Matt's comment to Tyler on the next season of Finding Bigfoot...

Matt: 'What happened, Tyler?'

Tyler: 'I was driving down the road and hit a tall, dark animal with my scout car! I'm not sure what it was, but I think it was a BF. It could've been a bear, though. I'm not really sure.'

Matt: 'You know what it sounds like to me? YOU, MY FRIEND, HIT A BIGFOOT! These 'nocturnal' creatures cross roads, and are hit all the time! That's EXACTLY what happened to you!'

Jk, btw. Just being honest:) I like Matt, even though he's

pompous, and arrogant, and although I don't agree with his methods at times, at least he's out there putting in work, and bringing notoriety to the subject.

Edited by PacNWSquatcher

Clearly the tweet was intended to be private and not for the public consumption. It's not like Twitter is social media.

I hope Guy's response can be accepted with the ironic humor I think he was intending.

From what I know of Tyler, he's a pretty stand-up kat. I've seen a BF before, so I'd imagine that it would be tough to mistake what you hit, unless it was someone dressed in all black, or a bear running across the road bi-pedally. I can already see Matt's comment to Tyler on the next season of Finding Bigfoot...

Matt: 'What happened, Tyler?'

Tyler: 'I was driving down the road and hit a tall, dark animal with my scout car! I'm not sure what it was, but I think it was a BF. It could've been a bear, though. I'm not really sure.'

Matt: 'You know what it sounds like to me? YOU, MY FRIEND, HIT A BIGFOOT! These 'nocturnal' creatures cross roads, and are hit all the time! That's EXACTLY what happened to you!'

Jk, btw. Just being honest:) I like Matt, even though he's

pompous, and arrogant, and although I don't agree with his methods at times, at least he's out there putting in work, and bringing notoriety to the subject.

I'd make one edit.

Matt: You know what it sounds like to me? You, my friend, hit a Squatch! That's so totally squatchie. In fact, it's the squatchiest thing that's ever squatched!

I'm not a BFRO hater, but squatch and squatchie are the two most often used words on that show.

Edited by rwridley

Admin

I just hope they actually hit a BF and injured it badly enough for it to perish soon. Then, if they do their due diligence, they should be able to track the animal and recover the body.

And before you start flaming me, think about it. It's injured, it probably won't survive long, just suffer. Tracking it and capturing it will bring medical treatment if it's still alive and possibly save it.

Unless it's a bunch of BS... (I'd bet on this)

Guest LissingMinx

LOL

We play a Finding Bigfoot Drinking game. There's the hardcore version, where you take a shot every time someone says "squatch" or "squatchie". The lightweight version, you still get a really good buzz. You just drink on any mention of the word "hunker" in any tense. :wacko:

Edited by LissingMinx

I'd make one edit.

Matt: You know what it sounds like to me? You, my friend, hit a Squatch! That's so totally squatchie. In fact, it's the squatchiest thing that's ever squatched!

I'm not a BFRO hater, but squatch and squatchie are the two most often used words on that show.

:) I don't know, R-Dub...I'm a victim of loving the term 'Squatch', and squatch(y)(ie) are growing on me. I can understand how being an author, and a wordsmith that those slang terms could make your skin crawl, though. I still personally hate 'Bigfoot', but I'm pretty sure we all got into the semantics of the terms a few months ago to no avail. As long as MM NEVER uses 'Sasqui' I'll continue to watch. On a side note...I'm not too savvy on your body of work, but have you ever written about Sasquatches?

SSR Team

If you're going to cut and paste my responses from the BFRO forum, you might as well credit me, too.

He did, look at the bottom.

I'd make one edit.

Sounds too much like Smurf Lingo to me.

:lol:MMSmurf: You know what it sounds like to me? You, my friend, hit a Smurf ! That's so totally Smurfie. In fact, it's the Smurfiest thing that's ever Smurfed! :D

Posted by goodmojo on the bfro website :

Hey everybody-

so here is how events of that night (Oct 22/23) played out. For the Virginia episode of 'Finding Bigfoot', the afternoon of Oct. 22 I had to go to an area 90 minutes away from our base, and set up some bait stations. Due to a lack of communication, I had to return to the area later that evening and set up some more bait stations. This kept me out in a remote mountain area until 1:25am (I noted the exact time I left so the show's field coordinator would know how long it would take to go to and from the site, for scheduling purposes.) As I left the gravel road and got onto a two-lane, curvy secondary road, I noted that it was very foggy, due to a large creek adjacent to the road, and because I was down in a hollow (or "holler", as the locals call them). After a few miles, I left the secondary road, and turned onto a two-lane highway, still shrouded in fog. It was now 1:50am. As I was driving the rental Dodge Grand Caravan, I looked down for a moment to set the cruise control and get myself up to 55mph, and was momentarily stymied by the amount of glowing buttons on the steering wheel (remember, I had been hiking all day long, both in the daytime and at night, and had spent a great deal of time sitting on my butt, so I was fairly exhausted). Now, this is where things happened, very quickly.

As I looked up from the steering wheel back to the road, I noticed a large (as tall or taller than the van), upright, all black "figure" stationary, on the centerline (or just to the right of the centerline). I say "noticed" a figure, but, in reality, as I looked up, I was right on top of it. The van shuddered, the drivers' side mirror was forcefully folded into the vehicle, and I felt and heard the object hit the side of the van behind me, like a slapping sound. I stopped the car, after some choice cursing and a lot of "what the f@#k?!?" and tried to look in the side mirror to see behind me, but the mirror had been cranked towards the van. I looked in the rearview, but the brakelights on the fog just obscured anything that may have been in the road. I then drove forward about 40 feet and turned the van around, and returned to the site. Only a handful of seconds had elapsed, maybe 10 to 12. There was nothing in the road, and no sign of anything having been in the road- blood, hair, guts, etc. I drove a bit further, turned around again, and again returned to the site. Parking the van on the shoulder, I immediately grabbed a FLIR that I just happened to have on standby mode, and I thermed the area for 40-45 minutes, while yelling out to whatever, or whoever I had hit. At that point, I was still thinking that I may have hit a person. Nothing answered, and there were no heat signatures anywhere.

BFF Patron

Wonder if he thermed the road? Prob. useless exercise on warmed road, but since you can see human heat signatures on hardwood and forest floors just walked on I wonder if the thought crossed his mind......toes may have been visible for at least a few seconds or maybe even minutes if the figure was stark still and bipedal.