Wondering If Bf Tears Down A Den

Guest bfsearcher

B) Then, 'bfsearcher', my interpretation is there is a good possibiity the shelter was still to some degree 'active' when you found it, but upon discovery, was done away with.

- Dudlow

Guest bfsearcher

does anybody know anything about squatchmaster on youtube?...is he legit or hoax? he has videos of salt fork,that is just south of me

Am I ever glad to read this post. The nest I recovered forensic evidence from was cleaned up and carried off. I have been looking for corroborating accounts ever since. Now I have them. I will say the answer is yes.

Guest RedRatSnake

does anybody know anything about squatchmaster on youtube?...is he legit or hoax? he has videos of salt fork,that is just south of me

Maybe not so much a hoax as just another guy out there filming nature at it's best ~

Tim :)

Guest BuzzardEater

If it's beside a game trail maybe it's a blind?

I've wondered about this. What if a BF breaks his leg or twists his ankle? What does he do? I bet they burrow into berry bushes, but if there aren't any around, then what?

It makes sense that they would try for cover near water.

Perhaps you observed new behaviour, BFSearcher. This is what I think the progression should be like. Theory furthered by fieldwork leading to advancement of understanding.

Lack of documentation always leaves room for further investigation, of course, but observations from the field should be regaurded as very valuable, IMO.

Thanks for sharing, BFSearcher!

Guest Kronprinz Adam

bfsearcher, I read an account once somewhere up here in the Northeast of a couple finding a stone hut with spruce roof. They saw a large black hairy homonid inside and then got freaked out and left the area. They went back sometime later and the whole thing was gone. Maybe the squatch figured he'd been discovered and erased all evidence. Did you ever disturb a mother cat with new kittens? They move them when they think "It's getting too busy around here." Maybe Squatches do the same thing? But I think they do tear down nests. They hide thier tracks? Why not shelters? I think that's why we don't find more nests.

Great story Kearnsey64!! It would be possible to get more details? (I think it would be possible to make a halloween tale from this one :rolleyes:)

I found here in Australia that the animals stay in the one location for x amount of months, all the while relaying the grass in the bed structures, as it decomposes it compacts. It appears as though they add extra grass about once a week to build up the bed so its a little softer. As for removing the structures, no, they return after winter and relay the same structure and start the cycle again

Guest bfsearcher

Well I am leaning toward they take down their structures if it is found or disturbed in any way,this just makes sense because why would it be there and it gets discovered and now it is totally gone,I never ventured into the woods deeper but you never know it could have been moved as little as a few hundred yards away from the original location,I'll have to see but I got to be careful since hunting season is in.

I can understand the creatures abandoning a structure if "discovered," but to tear it down completely? That I don't grok. Tearing it down only adds to the curiosity of the discoverer.