Opinions on Sasquatches and Game cams

DarkEyes

^^^^^ dead / dummy housings are available on ebay.  'Trail cameras for parts / not working' is a good search term. No worries if the camera housing gets destroyed and details about the culprit might be gleaned from the area if the ground retains tracks.

I think, like any animal, they notice when their areas have been tampered with by humans. If they've survived as long as they have in relative hiding, they must be smart enough to detect and avoid things like game cams.

I also think most people are putting cams in areas where the Sasquatch probably aren't frequenting often. Even if a place is a "hot spot" or somewhere someone has had activity before, the Sasquatch are more than likely not returning or coming around VERY seldomly. It's like finding 1/10 of a needle in a haystack.

On 1/30/2024 at 1:06 PM, Twist said:

This implies BF is capable of identifying human intentions.  Also that they are monitoring the cameras being put up on a regular basis I’m skeptical of that. I’d still chalk it up to Backdocs idea of being very rare.   

There have been mentions of crows in this thread, how they can learn to identify guns, etc. I have been feeding and interacting with my local crows for a few years and they definitely know when someone is trying to be sneaky vs just moving slowly. I have no doubt other creatures can tell as well. I also know that there are always eyes on us when out in the bush.

As to avoiding cameras and messing with other items, it could be as simple as their reported dislike of electrical energy. Humans may leave lots of stuff in the woods, but very little of it is electrical.