Interview With Dr. Meldrum

Incorrigible1

Dr. Meldrum always makes a convincing case for the validity of many of the purported Sasquatch prints that he has studied.

“The retention of a modified <evolutionary> flat flexible foot, with a midtarsal break affords exceptional maneuverability in steep uneven terrain.  The presence of those adaptations in historical footprints attributed to Sasquatch anticipated subsequent discoveries about hominim foot evolution by decades.”  I.e., the probability that all of those prints were faked is right at zero percent.

To be fair? He isn’t any different from any of us. No he isn’t pro kill. But he has submitted numerous DNA samples.

The one right off the top of my head is the Snelgrove lake sample.

So what’s left to do? Just keep analyzing the data as it comes in. Or pick up a rifle and go try to make a discovery.🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Well, what did you expect? The guy hasn't done anything under the sun but repeat the same things over and over again on every podcast and interview for years. Love it when folks downvote the truth.

Have a Snickers.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

To be fair? He isn’t any different from any of us. No he isn’t pro kill. But he has submitted numerous DNA samples.

To be really fair,  just sending the E-DNA samples is more than some here, namely the chief drum beater of said activity.     Unless I’m remembering incorrectly 🤔🤔

"To be fair" the chief drum beater hasn't found a valid trackway yet. And also to be fair? Meldrum didn't actually find his samples, he was called in after someone else found a situation that needed sampling, like the Washington nests and Snelgrove. Did Meldrum pay for any testing? Don't have the answer to that one.

I applied the (first) downvote to the forum's preeminent prima donna.

Stop with the histrionics.

Excellent, Inc1 :) Now you know, the Forum has been slow. Heck, I even got Twist out of the woodwork although it isn't that hard to do where I'm concerned. Meldrum needs something, anything, to up his game. The guy's a broken record. He could rally the troops and join me in going after the feds, but, man, if that isn't wishful thinking then I don't know what is.

Edited by hiflier

21 minutes ago, hiflier said:

.........The guy's a broken record.......

I watched part of a Meldrum presentation just last night. Listened, really, because the video part was an overhead projection of slides. I enjoyed listening to the guy as I waited for Mrs. Huntster to return from a play, cuz if I went to sleep, she'd wake me up, and I wouldn't get back to sleep. I think Meldrum is an outstanding speaker. He can even slip in some pretty good wit. 

He's filling a very necessary role, and doing a pretty good job at playing the ambassador between the unwashed researchers and the pointy-headed elite sitting behind their ivy covered walls. I've never met the guy, but I almost want to shoot a sasquatch and package it up just to present it to him.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Might as well. I remember back when during the summer months the BFF would slow down some. It was a seasonal thing probably due to it being a vacation season and there was more outdoor activities in general. But lately? Especially this winter? I've never seen the Forum so slow where days go by without any posts. And there's nothing coming in from anywhere to get some good sink-your-teeth-in dialogue.

What do I get instead? Regurgitated Meldrum rhetoric that goes nowhere.....and a downvote for my apparently not-to-be-tolerated insubordinate comment. Fun ain't it? What's fun is I have built the classiest Bigfoot toy anyone has ever seen. I think it's probably best to deploy the Lokee method here though and tell you the video is coming, LOL :)

So your just really just stirring the pot?👍

I posted a video in Utah of a supposed Bigfoot, and then the follow on video of someone flying over the trackway! It was the Rocky Mountain Sasquatch Org. Looked pretty good.

Just because it’s slow doesn’t mean we need to tear at each others throats. And there is still convincing evidence coming out all the time.

34 minutes ago, norseman said:

And there is still convincing evidence coming out all the time.

We've had convincing evidence for decades with some of it far, far better than what we are getting today. But convincing evidence to whom may I ask? Convincing to us? When has that ever mattered? Convincing to Meldrum? And just what has that accomplished? What I'm saying is that, to date, my best hasn't been good enough. And it hasn't been for not trying every way I can think of to get at the truth. Some of it may have been risky, others not so much.

My point being if I say hey lets all get together and bang on the feds doors? Zero happens. If Meldrum were to say the very same thing, lets all go knock on the feds doors, then HIS best would most likely be far greater is scope and effect than mine. But he does interviews, sells casts and books. oh, and collects an occasional sample when asked to do so. In degrees he is far more powerful and influential and since so many look up to him and admire him then he could take the ball to the hoop with hundreds supporting him. Nope. Ain't happenin'. This the part I'll never understand about this community. It COULD do something but never does because its leaders keep waiting for something to happen in the field when the truth can be had if they actually wanted it.

And if anyone thinks I'm the only one that thinks this way then think again. I just happen to be practically the only one that ever says anything publicly about it. And it sure  makes me look like the bad guy doesn't it? Especially when I think it's time to speak my mind....again. But I do still stay active and work my end of things. Lately I've been working on getting a Bigfoot report database from my F&G. Hasn't happened. Been at it since July. There have been delays.

Edited by hiflier

11 minutes ago, hiflier said:

We've had convincing evidence for decades with some of it far, far better than what we are getting today. But convincing evidence to whom may I ask? Convincing to us? When has that ever mattered? Convincing to Meldrum? And just what has that accomplished? What I'm saying is that, to date, my best hasn't been good enough. And it hasn't been for not trying every way I can think of to get at the truth. Some of it may have been risky, others not so much.

My point being if I say hey lets all get together and bang on the feds doors? Zero happens. If Meldrum were to say the very same thing, lets all go knock on the feds doors, then HIS best would most likely be far greater is scope and effect than mine. But he does interviews, sells casts and books. oh, and collects an occasional sample when asked to do so. In degrees he is far more powerful and influential and since so many look up to him and admire him then he could take the ball to the hoop with hundreds supporting him. Nope. Ain't happenin'. This the part I'll never understand about this community. It COULD do something but never does because its leaders keep waiting for something to happen in the field when the truth can be had if they actually wanted it.

And if anyone thinks I'm the only one that thinks this way then think again. I just happen to be practically the only one that ever says anything publicly about it. And it sure  makes me look like the bad guy doesn't it? Especially when I think it's time to speak my mind....again. But I do still stay active and work my end of things. Lately I've been working on getting a Bigfoot report database from my F&G. Hasn't happened. Been at it since July. There have been delays.

Oh? You think there might be some delays in getting a Bigfoot report database from the Maine Fish and Game? I would tend to agree.

You don’t think Jeff Meldrum has been a proponent of Sasquatch to science? Heck they tried to run him out of ISU….

Jeff Meldrum has a lot more on the line than you or I do. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and acknowledge other people’s trials and tribulations. It just comes across as victimhood. If you think Meldrum can move the ball farther than you can? Then get ahold of him and explain to him what it is your trying to do.

As far as evidence? You’re looking for snow tracks of a Bigfoot to take a EDNA sample right? Well they found supposed Bigfoot snow tracks in Utah. They even have a video of the figure traversing the slope! Sounds right up your alley? And yet your not interested….. So what gives?🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, norseman said:

Oh? You think there might be some delays in getting a Bigfoot report database from the Maine Fish and Game? I would tend to agree.

How do ya know if ya don't try. Kind of a motto with me. The critical thing here is to at least TRY.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and acknowledge other people’s trials and tribulations.

If I felt sorry for myself I'd be doing nothing. Not the case. Never has been.

As far as evidence? You’re looking for snow tracks of a Bigfoot to take a EDNA sample right? Well they found supposed Bigfoot snow tracks in Utah. They even have a video of the figure traversing the slope! Sounds right up your alley? And yet your not interested….. So what gives?

You're closer to Utah than I am. YOU go. For the record I was indeed interested. But the time to get the snow samples would've been right then and there. Did anyone? I doubt it because the word about doing something like that for some strange reason never gets passed around. Every Bigfoot researcher should be well versed by now on the process and know the protocols for doing so. I've only been talking about for four years here. And you speak as if that was the only opportunity missed. No way. All you're doing is what you usually do. Say things to slam or embarrass me. It's never worked. Besides, it a waste of your time because intelligent people know better than to fall for such ploys.

Edited by hiflier

Let’s sum this all up!

Internet filibuster claims an accredited scientist/professor  isn’t doing enough despite doing infinitely more than said filibuster(er).   I mean, at least Meldrum didn’t need someone else to essentially write his Amazon “guide”.   🤷🏻🤷🏻

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

..…..Lately I've been working on getting a Bigfoot report database from my F&G. Hasn't happened. Been at it since July. There have been delays.

Well, yeah. Like waiting for them to start compiling one.