Some Things About Bf That I Think Are Nonsense

I wanna believe that squatches are real. I've never seen one, but I buy into most of the stories and evidence. There are some aspects that seem like they are thrown in for an excuse or to enhance the legend. Just my opinion, see if y'all agree.

1. Bigfoot knows what a camera is and can avoid them. It is absurd to believe this. It is an excuse for someone's failure to capture them. There are reports of trail cams being turned around. Easy fix- put 2 out facing each other, you'll be sure to catch something.

2. Shapeshifters. I am part Cherokee, and even I don't lend an ounce if belief toward this theory.

3. Bigfoot knows what firearms are. I don't think they have a clue what that thing in your hand is unless it gets shot first.

4. Kinda goes with 3. Bigfoot can get shot and still survive unharmed. Bull. If it bleeds, you can kill it.

5. Bigfoot doesnt use fire because it doesn't need it/ doesn't want to be detected. I believe they are unable to harness and use it, not that they dont want it.

6. Bigfoot interacting with humans. The Carter story. The Ostamn story. Some accounts on BFF of "friendly" associations with the creatures. I don't buy it.

Only my opinion. You think I am off?

I think you're probably way off.... :huh:

I would take issue with you on 1,3,5 and 6. Just because, reading between the lines, you seem to be accepting the Giant Ape/Gigantopithecus hypothesis that is becoming increasingly discredited, or so it seems to me. If you'd have asked me a year ago I'd have thought you were bang on the money, but I like to go where the evidence leads me, and it seems to be heading towards the realisation that Bigfoot is some kind of sub-species of human, maybe closer even than that.

Your points 1,3,5 and 6 are associated with high intelligence. Humanlike intelligence. I see no contradiction in that.

I'm with you on the paranormal stuff. :rolleyes:

In addition, I think what might turn out be nonsense, or certainly wild exaggerations, are the superlative physical characteristics attributed to Bigfoot. It's amazing what the cover of darkness and sheer terror can do for the imagination. I wouldn't be at all surprised if everything falls within the top end of the human range. Sure they're tall, about 6'4. Sure they're fast, like a good Halfback, sure they're strong, like the toughest guy in the gym.

I still think it's hysterical that the few academics who have taken an interest in this field might soon be proved completely wrong and the native stories that mothers have told their children for generations about hairy, neighbouring tribes might be shown as right all along....

I think you're probably way off.... :huh:

I would take issue with you on 1,3,5 and 6. Just because, reading between the lines, you seem to be accepting the Giant Ape/Gigantopithecus hypothesis that is becoming increasingly discredited, or so it seems to me. If you'd have asked me a year ago I'd have thought you were bang on the money, but I like to go where the evidence leads me, and it seems to be heading towards the realisation that Bigfoot is some kind of sub-species of human, maybe closer even than that.

Your points 1,3,5 and 6 are associated with high intelligence. Humanlike intelligence. I see no contradiction in that.

I'm with you on the paranormal stuff. :rolleyes:

In addition, I think what might turn out be nonsense, or certainly wild exaggerations, are the superlative physical characteristics attributed to Bigfoot. It's amazing what the cover of darkness and sheer terror can do for the imagination. I wouldn't be at all surprised if everything falls within the top end of the human range. Sure they're tall, about 6'4. Sure they're fast, like a good Halfback, sure they're strong, like the toughest guy in the gym.

I still think it's hysterical that the few academics who have taken an interest in this field might soon be proved completely wrong and the native stories that mothers have told their children for generations about hairy, neighbouring tribes might be shown as right all along....

Other than harnessing fire, the items that you disagreed with him on are not relegated to human-like intelligence. I've hunted lots of game across the country, and many of them exhibit some of those characteristics. Some even exhibit all of them (again, with the exception of harnessing fire).

Guest Alpinist

Only my opinion. You think I am off?

You are trolling right ? Get down from the pedestal ... What does being native has to do with it ? Are you saying non natives can't be experiencers ?

1) I think you're right on with 1–6, Hoosierfoot. The thing I don't understand is why you "buy into most of the stories and evidence" if you're skeptical of the stories and excuses for the lack of evidence.

2) People actually believe the Ostman story? Wow. Does that mean people believe Muchalat Harry's story too?

3) Smoking bigfoots are fun, but I don't know how one can acknowledge the ready source of cigarettes and lighters (i.e., those millions of smoking ranchers, hunters, anglers, etc.), but so quickly rule them out as the thing that was smoking. The "8 feet high" part is very deceptive in the woods and in the dark. . .

1) I think you're right on with 1–6, Hoosierfoot. The thing I don't understand is why you "buy into most of the stories and evidence" if you're skeptical of the stories and excuses for the lack of evidence.

2) People actually believe the Ostman story? Wow. Does that mean people believe Muchalat Harry's story too?

3) Smoking bigfoots are fun, but I don't know how one can acknowledge the ready source of cigarettes and lighters (i.e., those millions of smoking ranchers, hunters, anglers, etc.), but so quickly rule them out as the thing that was smoking. The "8 feet high" part is very deceptive in the woods and in the dark. . .

Maybe it was the glowing red eye of a one-eyed BF........lol

I have to agree that the "8 feet high" part would be based on the opinion of the observer. Since I wasn't there, I just have to take my friend's word for how high it was.

However. I have never had any reason to believe a single one of those "those millions of ranchers, hunters, anglers, etc." was in my back yard at 2AM, accompanied by several knocking, whistling, leaf crunching bigoots, smoking or not.

I'm glad to see a lively discussion. Some folks I have not seen post before have weighed in. I had always considered myself a middle of the road believer, and in step with most of the BF communities beliefs, but it is a diverse group and needs a wide brush to be painted.

I think the Ostman story is just too over the top to believe. Maybe he had a close encounter and embellished it I over time? I have caught a 6 lb largemouth once ( big for this area) and a week after it had grown 2 lbs and 6 inches when I told people.

I wanna believe that squatches are real. I've never seen one, but I buy into most of the stories and evidence. There are some aspects that seem like they are thrown in for an excuse or to enhance the legend. Just my opinion, see if y'all agree.

You are off.

1. Bigfoot knows what a camera is and can avoid them. It is absurd to believe this. It is an excuse for someone's failure to capture them. There are reports of trail cams being turned around. Easy fix- put 2 out facing each other, you'll be sure to catch something.

You might wonder what the TBRC guys know now.

http://www.texasbigfoot.com/index.php/news/news/48-news/208

2. Shapeshifters. I am part Cherokee, and even I don't lend an ounce if belief toward this theory.

I don't think they do in the literal sense, but as has been mentioned, going 4x4 might lend to that perception.

3. Bigfoot knows what firearms are. I don't think they have a clue what that thing in your hand is unless it gets shot first.

Lots of deer hunters have encounters, imagine how many hunters didn't see the squatch that observed them take a deer with a gun.

4. Kinda goes with 3. Bigfoot can get shot and still survive unharmed. Bull. If it bleeds, you can kill it.

Probably can be killed.

5. Bigfoot doesnt use fire because it doesn't need it/ doesn't want to be detected. I believe they are unable to harness and use it, not that they dont want it.

They probably don't because they don't need it, they've gone the way of adaptation rather than innovation.

6. Bigfoot interacting with humans. The Carter story. The Ostamn story. Some accounts on BFF of "friendly" associations with the creatures. I don't buy it.

If they are genus homo and can speak, then non-violent interactions are possible.

comments from a idiot expert I knew once .......young man they can become invisable.........lol

On the subject of BF Bigfoot suddenly becoming invisible or vanishing it reminded me of soldiers during the Vietnam war claiming that Viet-Cong soldiers could seemingly appear out of nowhere and vanish in the blink of an eye. Of course we now know they had secret tunnels every where and were on their home turf, they knew the jungle better than us because they grew up in it, they new and understood the environment better than us and used that knowledge to their advantage. Bigfoot knows his home better than we do and use it to their advantage to hide and move around undetected.

Guest TooRisky

On the subject of BF Bigfoot suddenly becoming invisible or vanishing it reminded me of soldiers during the Vietnam war claiming that Viet-Cong soldiers could seemingly appear out of nowhere and vanish in the blink of an eye. Of course we now know they had secret tunnels every where and were on their home turf, they knew the jungle better than us because they grew up in it, they new and understood the environment better than us and used that knowledge to their advantage. Bigfoot knows his home better than we do and use it to their advantage to hide and move around undetected.

Spot on and Kudos for rational thought +1

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic