Tree Branches Bent to Convey Information? Other Explanation?

Eastern Slopes

I'll start be saying I don't have any good pics of what I'm about to describe, but I can get some if there is interest as this tree isn't far from my home. I also apologize if this isn't thread worthy but I have wanted to hear some opinions on this for a while. Every time I pass it, I stop and stare and try to logic out what I'm seeing.

I spend a lot of time outdoors but have only started paying more than cursory attention to tracks and sounds and anything out of the ordinary fairly recently(previously too busy fishing). Anyway, there is a large tree I have noticed that looks very strange. It is a tall old spruce at the bottom of a small creek valley and it has a lot of branches that have been bent/snapped so they point straight down, but are not broken off. Often there will be multiple affected branches at the same height.

This repeats at different levels, from a few feet off the ground to 30 or more feet up, and also appear to have happened at different times.  There are too many, pointing in too many different directions, and at too many levels for easy explanations like heavy snow load given all the unaffected foliage.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Interesting perennial topic, probably many reasons why they do these things. I always find it interesting when I come across breaks in the spring and summer when there haven't been any storms.

branch.thumb.jpeg.25ab2c29a02310fd27b4e9cde04d4c4f.jpeg.7e8584401f0987289ad67ce378b88a02.jpeg

Here is a very long old thread which had many contributors:

Oh, you want pictures, I've got hundreds of them. 

dibuyPqbQG2tvuAnunYa6Q.jpg

Gates.JPG

stic4.JPG

Stick1.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I wasn't talking about the typical tree breaks along trails, or 'structures', sorry if I was unclear.

I was referring to one tree being used as almost a 'bulletin board', with info added over time.

I got back and got some photos. I tried to upload as hi-res as possible.

HuKUZ4HQQmy7tXMNbweCzY0Cxjpfr03LUpxKybgz

eacMZORxJB4iTOxS3eytldome3Je5UYax4s6rKDz

5jLOvgYLUyiDDUeukSxYJ6RQXhESGBwP0PmoSClS

kPmLzh7KO0tUjjcmfI7vO5ajljphNLLJZo1M5ugd

sRXp1jZA8qBXkqeDVgpXpaLu2q4cyvdU1pCc0IYi

T5fMzQte7ui7IeoeXVPWegTF9Ni0ZoNszfxGJluz

HqnjFkmSbSjBp79dth4XMHBXOUaKUFPoK2b0C3rW

All 'bark' no bite:

This idea of broken or bent branches assumes Bigfoot bends tree branches or break tree branches.  Otherwise, we really don't care.   We can come up with some reason why Bigfoot might bend branches.   Maybe some sort of marking of a territory.  Who knows?   I don't find the idea of any bend or broken branches any big deal and very unlikely to be Bigfoot.   Some find what they might call 'nests' and other shelters in the woods.   Clearly these can't be a bear or heavy snow breaking tree branches.   Something resembling a nest and especially a shelter cannot be random or natural.   It's not the wind.   Something made it happen by some intent at least in the case of shelters and nests.   Even with this, why are these necessary to attribute to bigfoot?

Finding:                                                                 Reason:

Broken Branches                                              Natural occurrence like animals or wind or snow

Shelter                                                              People for reasons of their own making a fort or crude shelter.

Depressions in the sticks or grass                 Known animals like Deer and so on lying down (see Slocum imprint)  

Image result for heavy snowfall broken bent branches pines

Why do we need to attribute broken branches as a Bigfoot trait?  Why do we assume Bigfoot might need to make a nest or shelter?   Isn't it more likely what we see is something made or caused by human's vs Bigfoot.  Sure, I will admit if Bigfoot exists it has to live somewhere.  It has to eat something.  It has to live or sleep somewhere.   Should bigfoot exist I can more buy the idea of some pile of bush or crude depression in the grass is a place bigfoot might sleep vs the need to break branches.  

I need a really good reason to believe bigfoot would do these.   I say these tree branches are either snow, people, or bears or whatever.  Anything BUT bigfoot.    I am here Iowa.  I have a pine tree right now with some broken branches from heavy snow over the winter.  If this occurs here, I am guessing it occurs other places in the world as well even places thought to be bigfoot country.   

image.jpeg.81298be6701f388c785fdd84df023d2e.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I agree BD.   Much ado about nothing.     

if BF is as rare as suspected….they aren’t  leaving

signs for another BF that may not cross a random pass some years later.  

If we are to believe that BF leaves “markers”’ we need to believe there are enough to travel these BF Highways on the regular.  Aka relatively abundant.  I doubt it.   Just saying.   

Edited by Twist