I HAVE A PLAN PICKING AT THE BACK OF MY BRAIN...RE: SMALL GROUP (4 Total) MONTH LONG IN SITU STUDY

Frisco85132

Am I Nuts?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So! Found a sign today. Camping limit is 10 days on Idaho Endowment Land.

So I drive through a hunting camp I see every fall. They take the 10 day limit so serious? They built a permanent outhouse!

IMG_0737.jpeg

IMG_0738.jpeg

5 minutes ago, norseman said:

So! Found a sign today. Camping limit is 10 days on Idaho Endowment Land.

So I drive through a hunting camp I see every fall. They take the 10 day limit so serious? They built a permanent outhouse!

IMG_0737.jpeg

IMG_0738.jpeg

They must be very serious to place a plumbers helper in an outhouse.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

They must be very serious to place a plumbers helper in an outhouse.

Yah I thought the plunger was a nice touch for a hole in the ground. Maybe its getting full? 🤣🤪

On 4/29/2024 at 6:22 PM, Huntster said:

Almost universally, if you're quiet and nobody reports you, you can stay longer than 14 days on remote lands without difficulty.

The ' 14 days' limit is very common. The policies for the relocation distance vary.

Forest supervisors have the authority to change ORDERS as they see fit very quickly. I see the problems with homeless encampments as the main reason to modify NFS ORDERS on short notice.

One has to check our respective areas before heading out.

The PNW Region ( Region 6 ) covers Oregon, Washington, California and Idaho.  Know before you go.

The common denominator of long term hunting camps is that there isn't any crime in close proximity.

9 hours ago, unlikely knot said:

you just misrecognized a prank pulling human in a suit,

There are good looking Chewbacca costumes on ebay for less than $100.  Summer is coming with more day light for movie making / YouTube stunts. ONP / ONF is dark under the canopy though. A Chewbacca costume in the low light of the rain forest would be difficult to identify. Perhaps rubber bullet(s) below the waist and then you would know either way.

Stay safe.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

There are good looking Chewbacca costumes on ebay for less than $100.  Summer is coming with more day light for movie making / YouTube stunts. ONP / ONF is dark under the canopy though. A Chewbacca costume in the low light of the rain forest would be difficult to identify. Perhaps rubber bullet(s) below the waist and then you would know either way.

Stay safe.

What’s in the cans, surely they don’t use it as their cupboard too.  I’m guessing tp/lime.

This is the way to approach the problem, given the time, which I may be able to make, I'd do it. Put oneself in their space, be interesting, make forays out etc.

14 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Stay safe.

I'm not sure what the point of a rubber bullet would be, I shoot 200gr pills to kill things and it's either that or hold the shot. Anything else is abuse of an animal or perhaps assault of a human. 

15 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

.........Forest supervisors have the authority to change ORDERS as they see fit very quickly..........

They certainly believe they do. The courts can re-educate them on thier authorities, if the federal land managers run across the trespasser of their nightmares.

Timothy Treadwell was just such a case. Even in death, he almost created the ultimate nightmare for Superintendant Williams, had not the media and fellow guilty parties helped cover up their lethal acquiescence. 

Mr. Treadwell violated national park policies on camping limits and bear interactions to the utmost degrees for 13 years, and even recorded his insane violations and posted them online for all to see. Simultaneously, just on the other side of the mountains at Brooks Camp, visitors were required to attend "bear school" upon arrival in order to stay at their artificial Jellystone Park circus. The air taxi operator who annually flew Treadwell to Kaflia Bay annually should have been legally and/or civilly prosecuted out of business, and had I been related to Treadwell, I would have seen it accomplished. I might not have gotten Williams hung from a legal lamppost, but they would have had to sacrifice Andrew Airways.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, unlikely knot said:

I'm not sure what the point of a rubber bullet would be, I shoot 200gr pills to kill things and it's either that or hold the shot. Anything else is abuse of an animal or perhaps assault of a human. 

To make sure it’s not a dude in a costume. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, norseman said:

To make sure it’s not a dude in a costume. 

That's plan A? What's plan B, draw a buck knife, start screaming 'BANZAI!' like a banshee, and charge?

8 minutes ago, unlikely knot said:

That's plan A? What's plan B, draw a buck knife, start screaming 'BANZAI!' like a banshee, and charge?

Well? If you shoot it with a rubber bullet and it turns and growls and rips a sapling out of the ground?

Everything in the magazine behind the rubber bullet would be 200 grain pills…. Use as many as necessary!

If the Bigfoot starts hopping on one foot and cussing about some bastard that just shot him? You can either go cuss him out for being a prankster? Or just leave…..🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, norseman said:

………If the Bigfoot starts hopping on one foot and cussing about some bastard that just shot him? You can either go cuss him out for being a prankster? Or just leave…..🤷‍♂️

……….or shoot him with more rubber bullets………

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, norseman said:

Well? If you shoot it with a rubber bullet and it turns and growls and rips a sapling out of the ground?

Everything in the magazine behind the rubber bullet would be 200 grain pills…. Use as many as necessary!

If the Bigfoot starts hopping on one foot and cussing about some ******* that just shot him? You can either go cuss him out for being a prankster? Or just leave…..🤷‍♂️

Just put a round into a nearby tree or berm, it would accomplish the same thing. It's also much simpler logistically and avoids all that prison time afterward. Have you ever taken incoming?