Big Foot is real ?

Patterson-Gimlin

4 hours ago, Ginger Ale said:

If someone doesn't think Bigfoot is for reals, they probably shouldn't be on this forum. 

Nope.  In my experience on the BFF, most participants here actually welcome the Sasquatch doubters.  That is of course, the doubters who are willing to participate in honest discussions without trolling and without pretending to know things which are unknown.

"It's not about believing BF exists or not, I know the answer to that."  - MIB  

That is good for you and for the very few others who have had multiple, unmistakable encounters, MIB.  I wish I could say the same thing (i think :rolleyes:), although many witnesses have indicated that 'knowing' is both a blessing and a curse.  To most of us, as things stand, it is absolutely a matter of believing, or not believing.  That is all we have because, as you know, there is no iron-clad Scientific proof that they exist.  If that were not the case then, denying their existence would only be for the realm of those who simply deny as sort of a way of life, much like those who think that we never walked on the moon, etc. etc. etc.  lol  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

Nope.  In my experience on the BFF, most participants here actually welcome the Sasquatch doubters.  That is of course, the doubters who are willing to participate in honest discussions without trolling and without pretending to know things which are unknown.

I agree.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

'knowing' is both a blessing and a curse. 

If I saw one and it was unmistakeable, it would alter my life in that I could never enter the woods in the same mind frame. Depending on the encounter, it might prevent me from enjoying the woods again as I used to. When I hiked the area of 2 to 300 acres, although I had seen evidence of cougar activity, I hiked it without a gun, because I had never seen one. Once I saw one trailing me at 18 steps, last deer season, I have not been able to enter the woods with out a gun on me.  I would never entertain the idea of shooting a sasquatch, so, I think it would alter my enjoyment a bit. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2024 at 10:29 PM, Doug said:

Once I saw one <a cougar> trailing me at 18 steps, last deer season, I have not been able to enter the woods with out a gun on me.

I understand that, 100%.  We just got back from the Arkansas forest ‘suburbs’ and, although that is obviously not deep woods, me and Gracie (my dog) were attacked by hundreds of chiggers.  If I thought that even a Gatling gun could defend against chiggers then I would carry one (or, tow it on a dolly). 😆

Fortunately, we have no chiggers here. I have heard the are not fun. We do have ticks and I have had Lyme disease 3 times. The first time I got it, it was unchecked for two years before the doctor figured it out. That kept me from being the footloose, fancy free outdoorsman I once was. Being a taxidermist in my past life, I have had many encounters with ticks and usually came out victorious.

^Yep, chiggers, ticks and other human predators (I won't say the M word (mosquitos), are no fun at all!  They are very dangerous.  And, I get the desire for defense against predators, completely.  Gracie also got ticks and I have been extracting those and spraying alcohol on her for days (she hates it).  I read that if you find the ticks and remove them within 2-3 days that limits their disease transmission.. 

Anyway, this makes me think of two potential new BFF topics: 1.)  If you saw a Sasquatch(es), close to 100% positive ID, what lengths would you go to, if any, to convince others that they exist?  and, 2.) What arms are your minimum to carry under different circumstances?  In the woods and in the big bad city, I feel better carrying at least a 3-inch folding knife because, I am convinced that 'Big Foot' (and other more dangerous monsters) are absolutely real.  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

1) I would just tell a select few, post it on here and leave it at that. 

2) Remington 7mm mag BDL when hunting, Either my rugar 357 mag or my 20 gauge turkey shotgun when hiking, because they are light weight. I rarely carry two guns with me. It's either a long gun OR a pistol. I have taken deer, elk, bear, mt. lion and coyotes with the 7mag. These Roosevelt's elk that live in the coastal rain forests of Oregon, my back yard literally, weight about a third more than the American (Rocky Mountain)  elk. They can go over 1000 pounds. No problem for the 7mm mag.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all of the great replies. 😁