Bigfoot mis-identification encounter(s)

Ginger Ale

This post was created in regards to thinking you saw a BF but soon realized that it was a mis-identification. My "non" encounter that could of turned out very deadly (though I've witnessed a genuine BF once before) will be the basis for starting off this thread.

First off, I'm in the Norseman camp - BF, at least one BF, MUST be put on the slab! No ifs/buts/maybe's! After my initial sighting (I was unarmed) all forays moving forward had me a donning a Ruger 7mm Mag with a HUGE scope, with the purpose of bagging a BF to end this nonsense for once and for all. The Body will be donated to science but the head will go on my wall.

Last spring, I was searching a remote canyon on the Wasatch Front that was known to harbor BF, with many sightings reported in the past few years. About 20 minutes into my journey I spotted a hairy creature skulking behind some hillside bushes. Finally, I a gonna get'em! Through my scope, I watched this obvious bipedal"creature"  crouching in in the brush, not moving much for sort of rocking back and forth on occasion, as if to get comfortable. It didn't appear as if it spotted me. I took the safety off the 7mm Mag and was about ready to send some lead into flight when something made me pause. I noticed that the "fur" was longer then what you'd expect with a BF plus was a splotchy coloration of drab green and browns. Then I saw a firearm (a shotgun) being held in the arms of this "thing"

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a Turkey Hunter camouflaged up in a Ghilly Suit!!!!!!!!! Obviously I flipped the safety back on and skedaddled out of there. 

So, there's my mis-dentification and all's well that ends well, I guess. Tell me about that one (or more) time(s) where you were sure you're encountering a BF and it ended up being either nothing or something/somebody else

Edited by Ginger Ale
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, norseman said:

IMG_1113.jpeg

Huh. Alaska Malemutes exist after all.

• Haha 1

Don't go doing this anymore .

You are not safe enough to be out with a firearm .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, 7.62 said:

Don't go doing this anymore .

You are not safe enough to be out with a firearm .

Oh No, not stoppin' now! BF, just one BF, must go down. With a bod laying on a cold slab, the skeptics, deniers and trolls will have no play in the action and it'll be GAME OVER

9 minutes ago, MIB said:

So, as a hunter's safety instructor, I find this most disturbing.    You DO NOT use your rifle scope to examine / evaluate targets .. for any reason .. EVER.    That is what binoculars and spotting scopes are for.   I would auto-fail you from my class for such a foolish stunt.  You cannot take back a bullet.   There is no "oops" and no "do over".   

MIB

uh....NO

42 minutes ago, Ginger Ale said:

uh....NO

20221213_032555.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MIB said:

So, as a hunter's safety instructor, I find this most disturbing.    You DO NOT use your rifle scope to examine / evaluate targets .. for any reason .. EVER.    That is what binoculars and spotting scopes are for.   I would auto-fail you from my class for such a foolish stunt.  You cannot take back a bullet.   There is no "oops" and no "do over".   

MIB

I’ve had it happen to me on my own ranch. From the county road. It’s not a good feeling.

2 minutes ago, norseman said:

I’ve had it happen to me on my own ranch. From the county road. It’s not a good feeling.

Yeah, me, too. AFAIC, that's cause to take action. I dive for cover and prepare to return fire.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For all concerned...................don't worry...................

I'VE GO THIS

4 hours ago, Ginger Ale said:

For all concerned...................don't worry...................

I'VE GO THIS

1 hour ago, Ginger Ale said:

oops, "GOT" this

la-noire-press-x-to-doubt.jpg.9d6b9514a50ba9c8e2913007dcacbfdd.jpg

• Haha 1

It's happened to me too. I put up my binos and right in the glass is a scope pointed at me. Meaning the barrel of a loaded gun was a trigger bump away from killing me. We had a talk.

• Like 1

• gigantor locked this topic