Bigfoot mis-identification encounter(s)

Ginger Ale

You have an interesting story. You have lurked enough to be in the kill group. Check the below listed thread.  Frisco85132 is working on a mission. Don't know if it is in Idaho or Washington. No amount of 'Old Spice' could cover for a group of 4 though.

I HAVE A PLAN PICKING AT THE BACK OF MY BRAIN...RE: SMALL GROUP (4 Total) MONTH LONG IN SITU STUDY

By Frisco85132
April 26 in General Bigfoot Discussion

"The Body will be donated to science but the head will go on my wall."

Are you sure that you want the head on your wall and have those eyes follow you?

I have never misidentified the smells or large, black hair covered bipedal cousins.

Years ago in Washington State, there was a terrible shooting. Two women were hiking on a trail and stopped to chat. As they were chatting, one woman had her head blown off.  IIRC, a 14 year old hunter, unsupervised, was looking at the woman through his scope and his finger was inside the trigger guard.

I have had lead pass through my campsite. The sound passing through greenery is phhttt, phhttt, phhttt. The ricochets are unnerving when they whirl by. Drunken up / drugged up married couple were shooting from 10PM to about 1:30AM. When they first started, I yelled and blew my whistle. They turned away and fired off a few rounds, turned around, fired 2 rounds past me, turned 180 and kept shooting. Various weapons and lots of ammo: semi auto, side arm and long gun. You can't fight clinically stupid. They got their asses kicked. After that, I try to use terrain to block crazy people.

7mm is an interesting choice. You can chamber 3 rounds?

Sasquatch know your mind and heart. They will know you are in their territory and stay out of range.

HA!!!! Ain't gonna be campin' wit YOU  LOL!!!!

you said   They got their ***** kicked.  how did you accomplish that with a whistle?

• Downvote 2

Was banned and came back . How many times now ?  3rd 4th time ? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think you folks are veering away from the topic. If you've had a mis-identification, please post up your story

Not everything that goes bump in the night is BF

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I don't believe I've ever misidentified anything. If I don't know what it is, I describe it as best as I saw or experienced and let the description stand. 

Edited by Huntster
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

This is an interesting exercise - seeing as how mis-identification is usually the armchair skeptic's go-to hand-wave of choice.

How realistic is it to have an encounter - to the extent that you choose to go all out and make a report about it - and never realize you were looking at a bear or a moose or some hard-core outdoorsy dude in a ghillie? I've seen reports of 45 minute continuous Bigfoot sightings by naturalists in broad daylight, or vehicles being attacked by these creatures for a number of hours with terrified occupants inside. 

I'm trying to get my head around how likely mis-identifications of Bigfoot actually are, given the lofty position this 'explanation' always occupies on the list. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Are you sure that you want the head on your wall and have those eyes follow you?

That is a creepy thought to be sure.  yikes!  :crazy:

In regard to the OP, no, I've never heard of anybody else ever drawing down with a scope to shoot a Bigfoot only to realize that it was a hunter in a ghillie suit.  Please don't go out wearing rose-colored Bigfoot hunting glasses.   

15 hours ago, Ginger Ale said:

HA!!!! Ain't gonna be campin' wit YOU  LOL!!!!

you said   They got their ***** kicked.  how did you accomplish that with a whistle?

Trolling in the kill club category usually does not last long.

Whistles are used for alarm / signal and locate. The ass kicking was carried out by Federal law enforcement. Stupid human tricks on National Forest land are not allowed. Only in basements.

I posted that you had an interesting story. Story, period. You found one turkey hunter. Funny, the turkey hunter found at least one turkey.  You will have to do better with the fire arm scenarios. Scopes are not "HUGE". Scopes are described by the optical characteristics.

Moth to a flame, then the flame goes out. Did you lose a bet or is the bet how many pages you can eek out before being banned?

Edited by Catmandoo
text
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Catmandoo, I see that you've retreated to the usual standby here : when you disagree with a member and/or get out whitted, the ole' "TROLL" accusations fly. Do you also run crying to the Admin and hide under the skirts of a Mod?

• Downvote 5

Last time you were gonna provide video proof. 🦗🦗🦗

Which there is none. We need physical proof. And now you’re in my camp and going to shoot one? Ok.

Do actually own a rifle? Do you actually get out into the woods? Or is this just another trolling event?

Being honest here, I did read or heard an account of a man wearing a ghillie suit and a Bigfoot supposedly walked up behind him like he was one of them. Only when the man pulled his head piece off revealing himself as a human did the Bigfoot do a double take and beat a retreat post haste. I have a viper hood I use at times for hunting. More for predator hunting. Coyotes, bobcats, cougar, bear, wolves. And I use an electronic caller. And sometimes a decoy. 

BFF Patron

Oh, the woodsman resume call out this is getting good.......

popcorn.gif.104c2096a68a9f0e83b0f0867d19bf38.gif

• Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Foxhill said:

Oh, the woodsman resume call out this is getting good.......

popcorn.gif.104c2096a68a9f0e83b0f0867d19bf38.gif

Are you a sock puppet for the sock puppet?

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, Ginger Ale said:

Catmandoo, I see that you've retreated to the usual standby here : when you disagree with a member and/or get out whitted, the ole' "TROLL" accusations fly. Do you also run crying to the Admin and hide under the skirts of a Mod?

I don't retreat or backdown. I don't get into mental duels with unarmed posters.

Your display name is Ginger Ale and Ginger Ale is a transparent liquid. Reminds me of 7UP. And you claim to have 7mm.  Many years ago, there was an advertising campaign for 7UP with  a unique approach. The spokesperson ended his spiel with the phrase " Make 7, UP yours. Still funny to this day.

Clock is ticking, you will be gone soon. You do get awards for awesome keyboarding and most exclamations marks in a single post. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Catmandoo
text

BFF Patron
6 hours ago, norseman said:

Are you a sock puppet for the sock puppet?

That again? Sounds like somebody's still living rent free in your head.

acct.gif.e88ae08eba586452356b90ca13faec95.gif

• Downvote 2

On 7/18/2024 at 6:15 PM, Ginger Ale said:

Through my scope, I watched this obvious bipedal"creature"  crouching in in the brush, not moving much for sort of rocking back and forth on occasion, as if to get comfortable. It didn't appear as if it spotted me. I took the safety off the 7mm Mag and was about ready to send some lead into flight when something made me pause. I noticed that the "fur" was longer then what you'd expect with a BF plus was a splotchy coloration of drab green and browns. Then I saw a firearm (a shotgun) being held in the arms of this "thing"

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a Turkey Hunter camouflaged up in a Ghilly Suit!!!!!!!!! Obviously I flipped the safety back on and skedaddled out of there. 

Did you happen to pick up this 7mm in 2020? That covid lockdown nonsense brought A LOT of inexperienced people out into the woods.

• gigantor locked this topic