Bigfoot mis-identification encounter(s)

Ginger Ale

On 7/18/2024 at 2:15 PM, Ginger Ale said:

.........Through my scope, I watched this obvious bipedal"creature"  crouching in in the brush, not moving much for sort of rocking back and forth on occasion, as if to get comfortable. It didn't appear as if it spotted me. I took the safety off the 7mm Mag and was about ready to send some lead into flight when something made me pause. I noticed that the "fur" was longer then what you'd expect with a BF plus was a splotchy coloration of drab green and browns. Then I saw a firearm (a shotgun) being held in the arms of this "thing"

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a Turkey Hunter camouflaged up in a Ghilly Suit!!!!!!!!! Obviously I flipped the safety back on.........

Actually, this well recognized safety violation brings up another potential problem that I might be setting myself up for. May as well try to use this derailed thread to get something useful discussed.

My greatest outdoors nightmare is waking up in a sleeping bag inside a tent with a large predator outside. There have been many such well documented events, especially here in Alaska, and they are the stuff of real life horror. I keep a handgun near my head in a tent, and my current gun is a Glock 20 with a Streamlight attached. The Streamlight is one of the reasons why I chose the Glock over my old 44 mag revolver (the other main reasons being large capacity, quickly replaced magazine, and tritium sights). I also mounted a picatinny rail and Streamlight onto my Marlin 450 lever action rifle (equipped with ghost ring sights). 

The safety problem with using lights like this on firearms in the dark is similar to using your rifle scope to view objects at far off ranges: your muzzle is on something that might not be a valid target.

Police and military sniper teams use their rifle scopes for target assessment. The spotter uses binoculars and spotting scopes, but the sniper assesses target viability with the rifle scope. Police and military also use lights mounted on firearms for use in darkness. In a nighttime encounter with a potential predator, if a verbal challenge is issued and you get a deep growl or roar in return, I think you're legally and morally justified in engaging almost sight unseen (ie, shooting right through the tent walls). Successfully exiting the tent after a verbal challenge that isn't responded to, I also think you're legally and morally justified in scanning the area with a light mounted gun. A verbal challenge that isn't properly responded to is a green light for pointing weapons around liberally. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Foxhill said:

That again? Sounds like somebody's still living rent free in your head.

Again?!! Someone with 20 different profiles and personas is constantly attacking this forum and I have mental issues??!!!

Your delusional.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Identification vs Misidentification:

If Bigfoot doesn't exist, then ALL identification had to be Misidentification.   Yet, all witnesses are not created the same:   

Look at all the Forrest Rangers, Hunters, and Woodsmen who know the animals and the territory they find themselves in.  These people are not likely to think a Bigfoot sighting is Bigfoot when it's a bear. They have seen bears.  They have "Been there, done that"    Sure, a city slicker might mistake something in the woods or some sound (common to hunters) as Bigfoot.   

Keep in mind, for Bigfoot to not exist and never exist it would also mean that all witnesses in all of history have all- each and every one of them- got it wrong.   All of them.    Most of them are seeing something.   Many of them are not easily fooled.   

Skeptics make a big deal of some reports where someone could get it wrong.     So what?   This happens in every single endeavor of man's encounters.  I thought I saw a wolf last winter only to see/ find out it was a German Shepard dog that got loose.   We misidentify things in nature, things in the sky, people, and so on.  In anything, this is expected to happen from time to time.

BFF Patron
56 minutes ago, norseman said:

Again?!! Someone with 20 different profiles and personas is constantly attacking this forum and I have mental issues??!!!

Your delusional.

And who are you talking about?

Edited by Foxhill
sp
  • Downvote 2

20 minutes ago, Foxhill said:

And who are you talking about?

🙄

BFF Patron
18 minutes ago, norseman said:

🙄

So, let's be clear on this...because you have accused me of being a sock puppet in the past and publicly apologized for that.

And now you are accusing me of that again?

• Downvote 1

BFF Patron
1 hour ago, norseman said:

Your delusional.

So in this post you're accusing me of doing this?

18 minutes ago, Foxhill said:

So, let's be clear on this...because you have accused me of being a sock puppet in the past and publicly apologized for that.

And now you are accusing me of that again?

Ginger Ale is definitely a sock puppet.

I find it interesting that you defend them to the hilt. As you have done in the past.

Can you give a logical reason why you would defend obvious sock puppets trolling this forum? 

BFF Patron
10 minutes ago, norseman said:

Ginger Ale is definitely a sock puppet.

I find it interesting that you defend them to the hilt. As you have done in the past.

Can you give a logical reason why you would defend obvious sock puppets trolling this forum? 

Are you or are you not accusing me of starting numerous sock puppet accounts?

8 minutes ago, Foxhill said:

Are you or are you not accusing me of starting numerous sock puppet accounts?

Answer the question.

BFF Patron
4 minutes ago, norseman said:

Answer the question.

You first!

2 hours ago, norseman said:

Your delusional.

Are you accusing me of doing this?

Just now, Foxhill said:

You first!

So you cannot give me a logical reason why you defend obvious sock puppets attacking this forum? Ok….

BFF Patron
13 minutes ago, norseman said:

So you cannot give me a logical reason why you defend obvious sock puppets attacking this forum? Ok….

Like I said you first.....

2 hours ago, norseman said:

Your delusional.

I will say I'm embarrassed for you when you won't own your insinuation, but you still try to defend it.

Edited by Foxhill

19 minutes ago, Foxhill said:

Like I said you first.....

I will say I'm embarrassed for you when you won't own your insinuation, but you still try to defend it.

I really cannot answer your question until you answer mine. 

🤷🏻‍♂️

BFF Patron
4 minutes ago, norseman said:

I really cannot answer your question until you answer mine. 

🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh you could, but I think we both know why you can't LOL 

All good, now go get that poop cleaned off your boots!

realitycheck.gif.9057e7c41b2d450b4852c8328702586b.gif

• gigantor locked this topic