Minimum Arms to Carry in Different Circumstances

Huntster

In the south east as a "woods gun" I'll cary my smith 686. Historically I would cary a glock 23 or a 1911, sometimes still do. I honestly feel more need to worry about the people then animals. I've run into some absolute NUTs in surprisingly remote places. If I had my way I would just carry an AR10 shoulder slung but that's a bit harder to swing in more occupied areas. 

I was recently spending some time in Washington state and got introduced to the smith and wesson 500 mag. Which a buddy of mine carries for bears out that way. He convinced me I needed one but to be fair, that isnt a hard thing to do. 😅 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JumboJimJabrony said:

In the south east as a "woods gun" I'll cary my smith 686. Historically I would cary a glock 23 or a 1911, sometimes still do. I honestly feel more need to worry about the people then animals. I've run into some absolute NUTs in surprisingly remote places. If I had my way I would just carry an AR10 shoulder slung but that's a bit harder to swing in more occupied areas. 

I was recently spending some time in Washington state and got introduced to the smith and wesson 500 mag. Which a buddy of mine carries for bears out that way. He convinced me I needed one but to be fair, that isnt a hard thing to do. 😅 

Hey, everybody needs one more gun......

• Like 1