One to Ten

Somerset

23 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

To be honest, I think you are a complete psychopath who wants to shoot and kill something that countless people have described as nearly human. You can keep stroking your gun barrel to the idea of hunting one of these creatures, but you won't ever get a single shot on one because they are far smarter than you give them credit for. Thats a good thing in my book. Your ego is involved that that is preventing you from knowledge. You have a long way to go and I doubt you will get there. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Best of luck. 

Obsessed, much?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

To be honest, I think you are a complete psychopath who wants to shoot and kill something that countless people have described as nearly human..........

What about the scientific community who outright requires this harvest in order to be bothered to investigate it?

Is your outrage a bit misplaced?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NorCalWitness said:

That's not a cougar. It's a dog in a suit.

IMG_0245.jpeg

Edited by Huntster
  • Haha 1

To be honest, I think you are a complete psychopath who wants to shoot and kill something that countless people have described as nearly human. You can keep stroking your gun barrel to the idea of hunting one of these creatures, but you won't ever get a single shot on one because they are far smarter than you give them credit for. Thats a good thing in my book. Your ego is involved that that is preventing you from knowledge. You have a long way to go and I doubt you will get there. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Best of luck. 

It’s even harder to teach a young pup old tricks…..

Look I will openly admit I’am not Del Cameron or Smoke Elsner. I have no ego. I am just a student of the game. But I have packed mules in the Bob Marshal wilderness. And I have ran hounds in Washington until it was outlawed. I’ve shot a Bear in Alaska. I’ve ran my jet boat up Hells canyon. I’ve shot Bull Elk in Idaho.🤷‍♂️ Take it all for what you will O’great keyboard warrior.

As far as my being a psychopath? And trying to convince you that Sasquatch is dumb? Did I ever say a Sasquatch was dumb? This I will tell you? Science REQUIRES two type specimens for any newly discovered extant species. One male and one female. They obviously let it slide for extinct ones. So you can howl at the moon and throw dirt and scream and cry and call me names all you want. And it isn’t going to change one thing.

And you’re probably right. My health has mule kicked me in the teeth. The odds of me shooting one is nil. I guess that makes me dumber than Roger and Bob that could have shot Patty right between the eyes. Because they were doing the same I have been doing much of my life. Riding a Horse or a mule and looking for tracks and enjoying God’ green Earth.

And I wouldn’t change a thing.👍

Oh! BTW! 

This is the best hound collar out there.

https://marshallradio.com/ww/product/728/

It’s got good range, takes regular batteries, has a cool magnetic on off switch that cannot be bumped. (In which case your up a creek without a paddle) And has a tough aluminum housing. I still have one left laying around here somewhere. 

I gave two of my dogs and some gear to two Indian boys from across the river. They could still run hounds on the Rez. Buck and Amy are probably dead by now. Two red bones full brother and sister. I talked with the one boy one time and he said Amy outstruck every one of his dogs on the strike platform. (First to detect the scent and bay) And Buck who was always aggressive grabbed a black bear by the butt as it was climbing a tree and tried to rip him off. Good dogs! And I trained them, but only so much is training and the rest is pure instinct. And some dogs out of the same litter just will not hunt.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Huntster said:

What about the scientific community who outright requires this harvest in order to be bothered to investigate it?

Is your outrage a bit misplaced?

I don't care if science investigates it. Science is burdened with dogma and their contribution to the subject won't be significant. I am of the belief that it is closer to human than to animal and killing it would be akin to murder. You can't listen to all the encounters and pick the half that call it an ape, while ignoring the half that call it nearly human. 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, norseman said:

It’s even harder to teach a young pup old tricks…..

Look I will openly admit I’am not Del Cameron or Smoke Elsner. I have no ego. I am just a student of the game. But I have packed mules in the Bob Marshal wilderness. And I have ran hounds in Washington until it was outlawed. I’ve shot a Bear in Alaska. I’ve ran my jet boat up Hells canyon. I’ve shot Bull Elk in Idaho.🤷‍♂️ Take it all for what you will O’great keyboard warrior.

As far as my being a psychopath? And trying to convince you that Sasquatch is dumb? Did I ever say a Sasquatch was dumb? This I will tell you? Science REQUIRES two type specimens for any newly discovered extant species. One male and one female. They obviously let it slide for extinct ones. So you can howl at the moon and throw dirt and scream and cry and call me names all you want. And it isn’t going to change one thing.

And you’re probably right. My health has mule kicked me in the teeth. The odds of me shooting one is nil. I guess that makes me dumber than Roger and Bob that could have shot Patty right between the eyes. Because they were doing the same I have been doing much of my life. Riding a Horse or a mule and looking for tracks and enjoying God’ green Earth.

And I wouldn’t change a thing.👍

Norse, you compared their intelligence to that of a cougar. I disagree and the fact that there is no body on a slab should prove that to you. No matter the method. 

Have you ever looked into the stories surrounding Patty? There is a tale of dogs being used to track it. Not sure if you've seen it, but I thought it was interesting. 

You are squarely in the kill camp, and if I remember correctly, you've never had any kind of experience with these creatures before. I am squarely in the do not kill camp and have had multiple encounters. I wonder if these things are related. Sorry to hear that your health is bad. I like the vast majority of what you are about but diverge from your viewpoint on one critical idea. That doesn't mean I don't respect you and like you.  I hope you get healthier than ever and mule kick the health issues right back. 

• Haha 1

I don't care if science investigates it. Science is burdened with dogma and their contribution to the subject won't be significant. I am of the belief that it is closer to human than to animal and killing it would be akin to murder. You can't listen to all the encounters and pick the half that call it an ape, while ignoring the half that call it nearly human. 

I agree with all of that 100%. However, "science" is the official word on the matter, and they have officially rejected the existence of these creatures and have outright required the carcass in order to reverse their ideological rejection. Thus, the killing of one of these creatures is required in order to move forward with the very basic knowledge (not opinion) of what they are. 

Personally, I have arrived ideologically with the conclusion that government knows of the existence of these creatures and is actively suppressing that knowledge. I can't prove that, of course, but I fail to see how it can be otherwise. Thus, I have come to accept the ignorance of society and acquiesce to government as being wiser than I. But I can understand the frustration of folks like norseman, and if he wants to shoot one of these creatures, I have no condemnation for his desire. 

• Upvote 1

Whatever the number it would be a low number on a 1-10.  I imagine whatever an Ape is would be what "Patty" would be expected to be.   

Yes, Coco the sign language ape could learn sign language.  Bigfoot though would be expected to be like some Mountain Gorilla where no one would be around to train them to learn anything new beyond their working daily activities.   If Bigfoot would be able to be taught to learn to write or some other task how would we ever know?  How would Bigfoot ever know?   Bigfoot would be too busy being bigfoot in an environment where no park ranger is working with Bigfoot learning new dog tricks.   

Edited by Backdoc

2 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

Norse, you compared their intelligence to that of a cougar. I disagree and the fact that there is no body on a slab should prove that to you. No matter the method. 

Have you ever looked into the stories surrounding Patty? There is a tale of dogs being used to track it. Not sure if you've seen it, but I thought it was interesting. 

You are squarely in the kill camp, and if I remember correctly, you've never had any kind of experience with these creatures before. I am squarely in the do not kill camp and have had multiple encounters. I wonder if these things are related. Sorry to hear that your health is bad. I like the vast majority of what you are about but diverge from your viewpoint on one critical idea. That doesn't mean I don't respect you and like you.  I hope you get healthier than ever and mule kick the health issues right back. 

You can apologize anytime NorCal. I made it a POINT to say they are certainly smarter than a feline. Go back a page.

They used a search and rescue dog. As I said earlier? I do not know anything about a search and rescue dog. How does the dog know the scent of one human from another human? How does the dog track a scent it has never encountered before? I know how to run Cougar with hounds.

Lastly? If your tracking with a dog on a leash? The dog is tethered to the slow human. So how is a tracker with a dog on a leash gonna catch up with a creature moving twice as fast in mountainous terrain? We don’t track with a leash when running hounds. They have tracking collars and when you let go of them? They are gone. They would catch a Bigfoot no problem if they had been trained in Bigfoot scent. But if the Bigfoot turns and fights 2 miles out in front of the hunter? Your dogs will all die. It’s dicey enough right now with the reintroduction of Wolves. 

I have seen compelling tracks in snow.  I guess if Bigfoot is a mind reader? But Bob Gimlin had a rifle. Albert Ostman had a rifle and shot at them. Bauman and his partner shot at the creature. John Myoninski had a pistol. Derek Randles had a pistol. Etc…. So was the Bigfoots in those encounters not able to read minds? 

Thanks for the well wishes. I really do not care to go to Africa and hunt great apes or even baboons. I do not want a Bigfoot head on my wall. And I live a very secluded life in the woods and don’t want 10,000 reporters coming up my driveway. I very much enjoy watching great apes in the zoo because they are very human like. BUT! If any of these men had shot Bigfoot in the name of science? We wouldn’t be having this conversation right now. And if something is out there? I think people have a right to know. And if science won’t do the job? Then it falls on us. Which much of science has fallen on the amateur explorer in history.

IMG_1914.jpeg

4 hours ago, Backdoc said:

..........Yes, Coco the sign language ape could learn sign language.  Bigfoot though would be expected to be like some Mountain Gorilla where no one would be around to train them to learn anything new beyond their working daily activities.   If Bigfoot would be able to be taught to learn to write or some other task how would we ever know?  How would Bigfoot ever know?...........

People have to learn to be "human". This is established science, and the feral children phenomenon repeatedly confirms it. Early childhood development is critical. If a child doesn't learn to talk by age 6 or 7, it is unlikely they ever will. Or if a child is raised by dogs, by a certain age that child will essentially be a dog with human dna.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feral_child

5 hours ago, Backdoc said:

Whatever the number it would be a low number on a 1-10.  I imagine whatever an Ape is would be what "Patty" would be expected to be.   

Yes, Coco the sign language ape could learn sign language.  Bigfoot though would be expected to be like some Mountain Gorilla where no one would be around to train them to learn anything new beyond their working daily activities.   If Bigfoot would be able to be taught to learn to write or some other task how would we ever know?  How would Bigfoot ever know?   Bigfoot would be too busy being bigfoot in an environment where no park ranger is working with Bigfoot learning new dog tricks.   

Here is the rub…. Until someone drags one in? Everything is pure speculation. How smart it is. How closely related it is to Homo Sapien. Does it have language? Does it have night vision? So forth and so on…..

Right now Bigfoot resides with Pixies and Gnomes. It’s not a primate. It’s not a mammal. It’s a monster from folklore.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, norseman said:

Here is the rub…. Until someone drags one in? Everything is pure speculation. How smart it is. How closely related it is to Homo Sapien. Does it have language? Does it have night vision? So forth and so on…..

Right now Bigfoot resides with Pixies and Gnomes. It’s not a primate. It’s not a mammal. It’s a monster from folklore.

And appears to be staying that way sadly.   I’m quickly swaying belief to either near extinction or never existed.   Most likely the former.   

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Twist said:

And appears to be staying that way sadly.   I’m quickly swaying belief to either near extinction or never existed.   Most likely the former.   

I probably wouldn’t even be here except for a single trackway. 🤷‍♂️ I have never seen anything like it since.

12 hours ago, norseman said:

I probably wouldn’t even be here except for a single trackway. 🤷‍♂️ I have never seen anything like it since.

Same here. Exactly. Although I did also experience some strange wood knocking years later, but I consider that less than decent evidence.

There is a paleolithic theory currently out there that the human population dropped to a low of perhaps 40 individuals @ 72K years ago. There is also the 50/500 Rule in that is a benchmark that suggests a population of 50 individuals is needed to prevent inbreeding, and 500 individuals to reduce genetic drift. This rule is often used to determine a minimum viable population (MVP). Even if one just considers native American oral history, there have never been many of these creatures out there.

• Like 1