One to Ten

Somerset

16 hours ago, Twist said:

And appears to be staying that way sadly.   I’m quickly swaying belief to either near extinction or never existed.   Most likely the former.   

I'm of the opposite mind. I had a couple things happen as a kid in the Rockies. First, I saw something upright and black running up a creek on 2 legs as we drove past it. It was shimmering black and I always assumed bear because I was a kid and didn't know any better. Then I grew up and opened my eyes. I realized bears don't run as fast as a car doing 30 MPH on 2 legs up a 2-3 foot deep creek. This was deep in the Powderhorn Valley. 2nd set of events was just that creeped out feeling at a small fishing lake in the same area. Could have been another apex predator and spidey senses being triggered, but who knows. 

2018 I experienced trees getting shaken at me and a friend. This was in a part of the Trinity Alps in NorCal, and our entire trip was built around getting of the trail and going to unmarked lakes. There were no trails close to us and we had just finished bushwhacking nasty manzanita for 7 hours to get to the base of a mountain that held a lake at its top. Clear branch shaking and then massive movement of brush as whatever it was took off running. Think VW Bug driving through the willows. 

2020 I had vocalizations in the Sierras. 2021 my group of 3 had tent touches. Lots of footprints. 2023 insane wood knocks that sounded like a baseball bat shattering a tree. 2024 really bizarre loud noise like a tree falling, but it lasted a lot longer than a tree fall. 20 minutes later I had a long insane vocalization that doesn't match any of the fauna in the area. It was close and vibrated my insides. My incidents seem to be happening much more frequently. Perhaps its the locations I am going, but perhaps their species is doing just fine and will be just fine long after we all die from WW3. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

2018 I experienced trees getting shaken at me and a friend. This was in a part of the Trinity Alps in NorCal, and our entire trip was built around getting of the trail and going to unmarked lakes. There were no trails close to us and we had just finished bushwhacking nasty manzanita for 7 hours to get to the base of a mountain that held a lake at its top. Clear branch shaking and then massive movement of brush as whatever it was took off running. Think VW Bug driving through the willows. 

My only experience also included tree shaking in what I took as a sign of aggression. Followed up with a small tree being uprooted and tossed into the canopy. Very near myself and my cousin.  Dirt and roots left in tact, it was small scrub brush however so not an impossible feat.   No visual however so the source is only speculation at best.    

I have had experiences packing mules in the woods. Eerie feelings. Mules on the high line acting up at night. I’ve even heard some wood knocks a time or two.

But nothing that I can definitely point to Bigfoot. 

But the tracks I saw in deep snow? Could have only been made by something bipedal and something that was very tall.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2024 at 8:12 PM, xspider1 said:

I wouldn't say that Roger and Bob tricked Patty.  I would say that their perseverance and skills combined good info. and a significant about of with luck just paid off that day.   

Maybe Patty wasn't tricked, maybe it just didn't care? Does that show intelligence? 

Had a quick read through, looks like the general consensus on the 0 to 10 is rather near the nought, in my view a great under estimation, maybe this under estimation of BF's intelligence is what's holding back all those looking for it and finding it.

Trail cams, BF sees them and avoids them (constantly, basically proven) yet the human keeps putting them up, rinse and repeat, who's laughing at who? Who's showing the most intelligence there? 

SSR Team

Has to be 10 surely ?

They've avoided the American Government for 300 odd years on American soil, and don't even exist as per the American Government.

Has to be a 10 based on that alone imo.

22 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

........They've avoided the American Government for 300 odd years on American soil, and don't even exist as per the American Government...........

Well, that's what we've been led to believe. But, frankly, I'm skeptical, to say the least.

SSR Team

Yep i'm with you H, i personally think they of course know but for whatever reason won't release to the general population, but that's a whole different can of worms  to open right there.

2 hours ago, BobbyO said:

Has to be a 10 based on that alone imo.

Based on their ability to evade us, either they're a 10 or we've badly overestimated ourselves.     A little Dunning Kruger here, perhaps?   Maybe we are the 10%-ers who think we are 90%-ers and can't conceive of that not being true.   .. in any event, I think the results, absolute and consistent failures of our efforts to prove their existence, speak for themselves.

• Upvote 1

I'd say humans should have more accurately classified themselves Homo intellectus, the sasquatch seem more deserving of the Homo sapiens, given their ability to successfully and quietly co-exist in seclusion with apparently minimal requirements. The meaning/understanding we've sacrificed in pursuit of our technological doo-dads, general excess, plastic crap and planned obsolescence is not indicative of much sapienza! I speculate the comparison of theirs vs ours is la bit like comparing A D.G. Rossetti painting to Ohms Law.

• Upvote 1

SSR Team
On 9/8/2024 at 12:14 AM, MIB said:

Based on their ability to evade us, either they're a 10 or we've badly overestimated ourselves.     A little Dunning Kruger here, perhaps?   Maybe we are the 10%-ers who think we are 90%-ers and can't conceive of that not being true.   .. in any event, I think the results, absolute and consistent failures of our efforts to prove their existence, speak for themselves.

Very true..:thumbsup: