WaRNING!!! a bums rush of Trolls coming your way!

tork

12 hours ago, norseman said:

Tork joined our forum yesterday evening….

and......so? new members have to start somewhere

13 hours ago, bipedalist said:

Had a New Mexico ip trying to hack my account recently.  Maybe it has started. 

My account was briefly locked twice last night. But I've been getting this occasionally for a couple of years now. 

I can understand cyber crime for the purpose of stealing money, but to attack believers in the existence of bigfoot? How can this not be seen as mental illness?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Attack out of City of Angels most recently pour moi, seems to be a novel thing on my account. 

BFF Patron

Netherlands suggests they are using vpn's and anonymizers. 

• Upvote 1

Dumb question, but how are you guys finding out these attempts and locations? Are you getting notifications to your registered emails?

BFF Patron
1 hour ago, idlehour30 said:

Dumb question, but how are you guys finding out these attempts and locations? Are you getting notifications to your registered emails?

Get notification of locked account from admin with detailed description of the why and wherefrom.  We have  savvy IT guy that runs this forum and nobody is gonna run rings around him.  

Right, notified by email on account. 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Like 1

BFF Patron
2 hours ago, tork said:

and......so? new members have to start somewhere

Just be thankful you are not starting in the rough and tumble days of BFF 1.0 lol!       :guitar:

• Upvote 2

OK, so how would one know their account was attacked?

well, I called the police and told them that someone from the ISF was trying to hack my BFF account. in talking over the phone with the officer, he first asked "what is ISF" ? i told him it's the International Skeptics Forum and I explained what it's about. I could hear some restrained chuckles on the end of the line. Then he asked me "what is the BFF"? and I told him about the BIgfoot Forums and the guffaw's and yuk yuk yuks started to roll. 

The officer then told me that he saw absolutely no reason to follow up on, what he described as the "Cyber attack of the century" and told me to grow up. "Bigfoot, HUH?!?!?!  He laughed 

I'm sure that same cop would be happy to investigate someone doing a california roll through a stop sign. **** the non believers!!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

31 minutes ago, tork said:

well, I called the police and told them that someone from the ISF was trying to hack my BFF account. in talking over the phone with the officer, he first asked "what is ISF" ? i told him it's the International Skeptics Forum and I explained what it's about. I could hear some restrained chuckles on the end of the line. Then he asked me "what is the BFF"? and I told him about the BIgfoot Forums and the guffaw's and yuk yuk yuks started to roll. 

The officer then told me that he saw absolutely no reason to follow up on, what he described as the "Cyber attack of the century" and told me to grow up. "Bigfoot, HUH?!?!?!  He laughed 

I'm sure that same cop would be happy to investigate someone doing a california roll through a stop sign. **** the non believers!!!!!

• Haha 2

BFF Patron
6 hours ago, Huntster said:

My account was briefly locked twice last night. But I've been getting this occasionally for a couple of years now. 

I can understand cyber crime for the purpose of stealing money, but to attack believers in the existence of bigfoot? How can this not be seen as mental illness?

Not sure abt mental health at the ISF either, but @Huntster don't look now but the BFF Bot is closing in on your posting record! :D

4 hours ago, Silverback Sax said:

OK, so how would one know their account was attacked?

You should get an email from admin if your account is temporarily blocked because a cyber criminal is trying to hack your password with invalid login attempts. 

I got that email yesterday because a troll in Carnuel, New Mexico was trying to login as me.  That is a crime, of course, and they will be held accountable for such actions eventually, one way or another. 

I received the same E-Mail as well.

Hey Tork, do you still live in your mom's basement in Carnuel, New Mexico?

Edited by OldMort
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, I received the same New Mexico email as well. 

Some people really need to get a better hobby than trying to hack a stranger's i.d. on a flipping message board.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bipedalist said:

.........don't look now but the BFF Bot is closing in on your posting record! :D

Robots are taking over the world.

They must increase. I must decrease.

• Haha 1