WaRNING!!! a bums rush of Trolls coming your way!

tork

^ exactly!

NorCalWitness said:  "It would be a huge overreach of judicial authority to charge for stealing a password to a bigfoot forum. Nothing of value would be lost."  < That, to me, is a dangerous misconception of the Rule of Law.  This is not about whether or not one BFF member values the privacy of their login, has any regard for the other members here who do not want their logins hacked, or has any regard for the efforts of the bigfootforums.com Admin who spend many, many hours defending our rights to have a respectable forum.  This is about the Rule of Law.  Hacking logins, identity theft and denial of service attacks are cyber crimes, plain and simple.  That is not dependent on monetary loss, or whether or not a particular prosecutor, or lawyer is willing to pursue the case.  A crime is a crime. 

Edited by xspider1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2024 at 9:46 PM, bipedalist said:

Had a New Mexico ip trying to hack my account recently.  Maybe it has started. 

Same here.  Received notification that someone tried to access my account 

image.png.1cda17c6e9f4f310934a39cce3812550.png

Hacking passwords here reminds me of the underwear gnomes from south park. for those of you who aren't familiar, the gnomes stole underwear and planned to profit from this, but had no plan on how to actually do it. 

Phase 1: hack BFF users accounts 

Phase 2: ????

Phase 3: victory!!!

They aren't sending their best and brightest, folks. 

• Haha 2

On 8/12/2024 at 7:47 PM, xspider1 said:

^ exactly!

NorCalWitness said:  "It would be a huge overreach of judicial authority to charge for stealing a password to a bigfoot forum. Nothing of value would be lost."  < That, to me, is a dangerous misconception of the Rule of Law.  This is not about whether or not one BFF member values the privacy of their login, has any regard for the other members here who do not want their logins hacked, or has any regard for the efforts of the bigfootforums.com Admin who spend many, many hours defending our rights to have a respectable forum.  This is about the Rule of Law.  Hacking logins, identity theft and denial of service attacks are cyber crimes, plain and simple.  That is not dependent on monetary loss, or whether or not a particular prosecutor, or lawyer is willing to pursue the case.  A crime is a crime. 

DDOSing is a cyber crime. Trying to use someone's password is not DDOSing. DDOS is a network attack. Read up on it. This is also not identity theft. It could be considered harassment, but even that is a stretch. These attempts do not rise to the level of criminal behavior, but one could make a cogent argument for civil damages incurred on the part of the forum owners and users. 

Attempting to hack someone’s login to the point that that person is locked out from a web-site is a denial of service.  Not sure why you are trying to trivialize a ‘bums rush of trolls’, but you are definitely on the wrong side.

I don’t feel the need to read up on it as you suggested.  I’ve been ‘in IT’ for 37 years.  I also don’t see any similarities to the South Park characters you mentioned that steal underwear.  

Just maybe do your own thing and we can disagree on what a cyber crime is and what it isn’t.  Although, that determination really isn’t rocket science.

1 hour ago, xspider1 said:

Attempting to hack someone’s login to the point that that person is locked out from a web-site is a denial of service.  Not sure why you are trying to trivialize a ‘bums rush of trolls’, but you are definitely on the wrong side.

I don’t feel the need to read up on it as you suggested.  I’ve been ‘in IT’ for 37 years.  I also don’t see any similarities to the South Park characters you mentioned that steal underwear.  

Just maybe do your own thing and we can disagree on what a cyber crime is and what it isn’t.  Although, that determination really isn’t rocket science.

Its a denial of service, but not in the legal sense. I used to be a criminal defense attorney. You are reaching here and its not even close. 

My point about the underwear gnomes is only intended for those of us with an IQ high enough to appreciate the joke without further explanation. All good. 

• Confused 1

Those clowns would probably wear the underwear on their heads and parade around.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

for those of you who aren't familiar, the gnomes stole underwear and planned to profit from this, but had no plan on how to actually do it. 

(Off topic)

Some people maintain that this entry is taken from Roger Patterson's long lost diary:

Phase 1: Create insanely complex and anthropologically way-ahead-of-its-time Bigfoot suit with data and materials that probably don't exist yet

Phase 2: ?????

Phase 3: Profit

Edited by idlehour30
  • Thanks 1

This topic makes me wonder:

How do we go about changing our BFF PASSWORD ?

I've had no issues, but it wouldn't hurt to change it from time to time.   

6 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

How do we go about changing our BFF PASSWORD ?

Just to to the Username drop down in the top right, then select Account Settings, and there's a Change option next to Password. That should you you. 

• Upvote 2

In South Park, they call sasquatch Skuzzlebutt. He is a little different than most in that he has a stick of celery for a right hand and Patrick Duffy for a left leg.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2024 at 9:23 PM, NorCalWitness said:

Even prior to the moronic soros funded social justice prosecutor era, nobody would have touched this as its not a crime.

Agreed, no way the “authorities” would waste their time. I can’t hardly get them to act with any speed on real credit card fraud. 

On 8/15/2024 at 8:31 PM, xspider1 said:

Someone so entrenched in IT you should have certainly run into this? Lol