Expedition Bigfoot Season 5

norseman

I feel like Dr. Mayor might crack this thing wide open. She is a sample taking phenom. Hair, Scat and eDNA from a possible foot cast.

They are back in California. Ronnie isn’t there in this episode or maybe the season? And they have a new member who is ex CIA and is doing all the local witness interviews.

IMG_1932.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

I understand tv is tv. My sister in law works on a reality tv show. I hear about it all the time. But I do believe this is one of the better shows regarding the subject

1 hour ago, DarkEyes said:

I understand tv is tv. My sister in law works on a reality tv show. I hear about it all the time. But I do believe this is one of the better shows regarding the subject

Agreed. She collected Chimp DNA in Kentucky on National Forest. I feel as though we have the right person on the case. And yes it’s a reality TV show.

• Upvote 1

What came of the chimp dna in kentucky? nothing? no scientists took it seriously enough to go out into the field. if you want to see what she accomplishes, just be sure to tune in next week when they for sure will reveal their cards!

It's hard for me to take the show very seriously when Bryce Johnson of Willow Creek fame is one of the experts.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

What came of the chimp dna in kentucky? nothing? no scientists took it seriously enough to go out into the field. if you want to see what she accomplishes, just be sure to tune in next week when they for sure will reveal their cards!

She is a scientist and she is in the field. Thats how she found Chimp DNA in the first place.

Right now she is in your state taking a bunch more DNA samples. You can laugh all you like? If a reality TV show allows a real scientist to be in the field applying science to the myth of Bigfoot? 🤷‍♂️

What do we have to lose? I would prefer this to Bobo dressing up as a woman to attract Bigfoot. Or howling into the night. Or wood knocking. Or blurry photos.

Dr. Mireya Mayor is a real primatologist, who has discovered real primates, and she has the field experience to get to the bottom of this IF anyone can.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, norseman said:

She is a scientist and she is in the field. Thats how she found Chimp DNA in the first place.

Right now she is in your state taking a bunch more DNA samples. You can laugh all you like? If a reality TV show allows a real scientist to be in the field applying science to the myth of Bigfoot? 🤷‍♂️

What do we have to lose? I would prefer this to Bobo dressing up as a woman to attract Bigfoot. Or howling into the night. Or wood knocking. Or blurry photos.

Dr. Mireya Mayor is a real primatologist, who has discovered real primates, and she has the field experience to get to the bottom of this IF anyone can.

What kind of work did the esteemed paper title doctor Mayor do in DNA? She collected samples? Did she test them? Does she just have to take someones word for what she collected? I thought you said we need a body, but now DNA is good enough? I'm confused. 

2 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

What kind of work did the esteemed paper title doctor Mayor do in DNA? She collected samples? Did she test them? Does she just have to take someones word for what she collected? I thought you said we need a body, but now DNA is good enough? I'm confused. 

WATCH THE SHOW! 👍

(You’re a smart guy right? So you need to read up on type specimens also)

4 hours ago, norseman said:

WATCH THE SHOW! 👍

(You’re a smart guy right? So you need to read up on type specimens also)

I've seen a few episodes from seasons past and thought it was more unnecessary chain yanking reality tv. Why do you take a field biologist's word on DNA? I think you just have a crush on the cheerleader. 

3 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

I've seen a few episodes from seasons past and thought it was more unnecessary chain yanking reality tv. Why do you take a field biologist's word on DNA? I think you just have a crush on the cheerleader. 

If you watched the dang show? You wouldn’t ask dumb questions all the time…..

She sent the DNA off to a lab. You would know this IF….

Absolutely she is much much better looking than Bobo dressed in drag. Guilty.

Yes. It’s a reality TV show. Most of it has very little relevance except for Mayor’s work.

Episode 2 she had a microscope at base camp and was identifying hairs from her samples. That way she doesn't send in deer hair (known species) for sampling.

Smart.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

You're kinda passive/aggressive, eh?

• Haha 1

Thx, Norse.  I haven’t watched that show much, but I’m planning to check it out again.  So far my hypothesis is that Dr. Mayor is probably qualified to collect Sasquatch DNA (and, in my opinion, definitely cuter than Bobo.)  🤷‍♂️  lol!

Edited by xspider1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, xspider1 said:

Thx, Norse.  I haven’t watched that show much, but I’m planning to check it out again.  So far my hypothesis is that Dr. Mayor is probably qualified to collect Sasquatch DNA (and, in my opinion, definitely cuter than Bobo.)  🤷‍♂️  lol!

She discovered a Lemur in Madagascar.

https://www.npr.org/2015/01/03/374655622/trading-pom-poms-for-field-boots-mireya-mayors-big-break

^ Yep!  And, in many ways, I’d think it should be easier to spot a Sasquatch than to spot one of those cute little suckers!  :rofl:

IMG_0813.jpeg

Edited by xspider1

54 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

^ Yep!  And, in many ways, I’d think it should be easier to spot a Sasquatch than to spot one of those cute little suckers!  :rofl:

IMG_0813.jpeg

Not sure. But I know that the Lemur isn’t trying to rip your face off if you get close…..